Wednesday morning and latest news, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night during our play-off game against NY, The Fieldhouse opened the curtains that cover the large windows of the building at dusk to provide the Goodyear Blimp with some shots into the arena. (The curtains are rarely down before it's completely dark outside.) Anywho, what I'm getting at is that the way The Fieldhouse looked last night reminded me of the conceptual renderings of what the new arena in Sacramento will look like. What do you think?

It was reported on News 10 that George said he's thinking about opening up negotiations again with the city of Sacto for a new arena if the BOG votes no to Seattle. Said the Maloofs had always negotiated in good faith with the city. (I nearly broke my new TV). I think the first step for the NBA is to get this family committed to the nearest institution for the criminally insane. Other than have the NBA take over the franchise, how in the world does this deal between Vivek and the Maloofs ever get concluded? How is it possible to deal with people who are just crazy?
Sacramento to Maloofs; Get bent.

Seeing that arena rendering gives me chills. However, two really funny facts about the rendering- 1) the crowd is going nuts and there is nothing on the court; 2) the jumbotron has a highlight of TRob. Nothing wrong with either; just funny.

Last night during our play-off game against NY, The Fieldhouse opened the curtains that cover the large windows of the building at dusk to provide the Goodyear Blimp with some shots into the arena. (The curtains are rarely down before it's completely dark outside.) Anywho, what I'm getting at is that the way The Fieldhouse looked last night reminded me of the conceptual renderings of what the new arena in Sacramento will look like. What do you think?

Seeing that arena rendering gives me chills. However, two really funny facts about the rendering- 1) the crowd is going nuts and there is nothing on the court; 2) the jumbotron has a highlight of TRob. Nothing wrong with either; just funny.
Game 3 1996 playoffs vs Seattle. Everyone standing and a huge buzz before the players took the floor. Loudest crowd ever.

So true! I remember that game vividly. There was a full stadium and standing ovation for the entire time that the team was WARMING UP. Not the fake warmup 5 minutes before tip off, but the real warm up, like 30-40 minutes before tip off. I was only 14, and it is something I will never forget! That is the real reason I want a new arena- I want my kids to get the same feeling one day!

Game 3 1996 playoffs vs Seattle. Everyone standing and a huge buzz before the players took the floor. Loudest crowd ever.

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 1m

Hearing now that the presentations were made last night to combined 12-person Relocation/Finance Committees.
Retweeted by Sactown Royalty

nickmonacelli nickmonacelli ‏@nickmonacelli 1m

Contrary to reports, NBA says the presentations from Sac and Sea on #nbakings DID NOT happen last night.
So maybe more today.

LOL I have noticed that too.. What are they all cheering for? A replay of TROB who isn't even on the team anymore?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Wow. It's almost like our arena and your arena could be twins. :)

What time does the meeting officially start? Feel free to use Pacific, Mountain, Central or Eastern time, just please indicate which you are using. I know most of you are in California, and that the meeting is in Dallas and I am in Kentucky, so there are three different time zones in reference, lol.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
what time does the meeting officially start? Feel free to use pacific, mountain, central or eastern time, just please indicate which you are using. I know most of you are in california, and that the meeting is in dallas and i am in kentucky, so there are three different time zones in reference, lol.
11 pst

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Their media is insane... keeps fueling their emotions and anger... reporting that Sacramento had a chance to make a presentation last night but Seattle didn't....
Well, of course we had a chance to make a presentation last night. Right after the secret get-together with Mark Cuban.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Their media is insane... keeps fueling their emotions and anger... reporting that Sacramento had a chance to make a presentation last night but Seattle didn't....
Some truth there. Ranadive took Stern to the Spurs/Warriors game last night... I suspect they talked a bit.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Twitter:

nickmonacelli ‏@nickmonacelli 2m

Just saw Stern and @Vivek walking into a conference room. pic.twitter.com/mpIsiOMGRU

Status
Not open for further replies.