[Game] Kings v. Clippers - 3/19/13

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This might sound stupid but why the hell weren't the Rockets giving Cole minutes? It's not like Asik and Montejunas were playing like Shaq.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This might sound stupid but why the hell weren't the Rockets giving Cole minutes? It's not like Asik and Montejunas were playing like Shaq.
Part of it could be the "flexible pieces" rule. You know, when we got Skinner and asked some of the same questions...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Part of it could be the "flexible pieces" rule. You know, when we got Skinner and asked some of the same questions...
To be fair, Skinner was like ten years older than Cole and two inches shorter. Aldrich was still at least a lottery pick.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Asik has been really strong this year.

The rest, remarkably enough, has been Kevin McHale of all people smallballing.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It was a bit of a random thought, with my point being that Skinner did very well when he came here, too.
Brian Skinner had that insane stretch of games where he went off and like a bazillion blocked shots and near triple doubles. What Cole's doing seems a tab bit more sustainable.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Brian Skinner had that insane stretch of games where he went off and like a bazillion blocked shots and near triple doubles. What Cole's doing seems a tab bit more sustainable.
I don't disagree. I'm just a tad skeptical at this point, especially since admitting to the value of Aldrich and Patterson (not to mention Douglas) this early would mean it was a pretty good deal on Petrie's part. I'm not sure too many people around here are ready to admit to that quite yet. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Had this last minute or so gone on during the tenure of a decent coach, there would have been an immediate timeout called to settle things down. Just another reason to hate Keith Smart.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, maybe Smart will lose it and get ejected? I'd like to see what the guys could do under English (I'm assuming he's first assistant...)