[Game] Game tonight - kings vs. Bulls

This is just so myopic I can't believe it. He isn't going to go 11-13 every night no matter who the coach is.
No one expect him to...I certainly don't but a 20/5/5 at ~ 50% FG is not far fetched to expect from him on a nightly basis if he is used properly which he obviously is not!

No one expect him to...I certainly don't but a 20/5/5 at ~ 50% FG is not far fetched to expect from him on a nightly basis if he is used properly which he obviously is not!
I don't think he can shoot 50% consistently if he is going to try to score 20 points and the ball just doesn't move when he is the main ball handler.

This is just so myopic I can't believe it. He isn't going to go 11-13 every night no matter who the coach is.
Of course you're right, but it wasn't just the shooting tonight. It was the rest of his game. When used properly he creates for everyone else, and keeping him involved in the offense usually leads to a lot of extra activity defensively as well. Tyreke is far better than people recognise. Most of the time he's simply not being put in a position to succeed.

I don't think he can shoot 50% consistently if he is going to try to score 20 points and the ball just doesn't move when he is the main ball handler.
Well that's just not true, is it? He does over dribble occasionally, but it's not endemic, and he creates more for his teammates than anyone else on the roster.

Aldridge has some decent defense and rebounding and he can run the floor. He will have to earn the right to get the ball more. He does not hesitate to jam the ball. So far so good.

The Kings without Cousins looked like a playoff team tonight. They ran the floor and played defense. Their offense has been on fire of late. They have figured how to stop leaking fast breaks to the opposition. Defense has led to some offense. I have believed for a long time that Sacto is at it best pushing the ball as much as possible. This game is a real shocker. I am impressed. Basketball is a team sport. It was played tonight without the one talented player that messes up the other players' moral and enthusiasm for the game.

I was scratching my head at half time and still doing same at the end of the game. Was these Kings the be all end all mighty team that destroyed the Bulls with A+ effort and execution... or were Bulls hung over from resting for days in LaLa land before arriving in Sac to be sacrificial lambs w/out several key players including their best one. My instinct tells me it was the later more than the former.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Aldridge has some decent defense and rebounding and he can run the floor. He will have to earn the right to get the ball more. He does not hesitate to jam the ball. So far so good.

The Kings without Cousins looked like a playoff team tonight. They ran the floor and played defense. Their offense has been on fire of late. They have figured how to stop leaking fast breaks to the opposition. Defense has led to some offense. I have believed for a long time that Sacto is at it best pushing the ball as much as possible. This game is a real shocker. I am impressed. Basketball is a team sport. It was played tonight without the one talented player that messes up the other players' moral and enthusiasm for the game.
Lamarcus Aldrige is on the Blazers and is kinda bad at rebounding.

Reading posts such as this is incredibly frustrating. I mean, you can't even get our players name correct, and I'm not even going to address the nonsense in the rest of your post.

uhm... he was the main ball handler much of the night... to the tune of 7 assists. talk about myopic...

:rolleyes:

also, 'reke's shooting nearly 48% on the season, which is as good as he really needs to be shooting. the ball should be in his hands more often, given his efficiency. only dwyane wade is shooting better this season as a two-guard, and i imagine playing next to lebron james has something to do with the easy shots wade gets so often...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I guess that depends on whether or not you believe his career-high 47.4% shooting this season (sure to be higher after tonight) is a fluke. If you don't and, given the work he put in last summer on improving his jumper, I tend not to, there's no reason to believe that he can't sniff 50% for a season, even if he falls just short.

I'll respectfully disagree about the ball movement: he only had one ball-stopper moment tonight, and he has shown steady improvement in that aspect all season long. The ball moved very well tonight, with Evans as the primary ball handler.

Yeah, the ball sure looked stagnant tonight...
Umm......yeah so, we should just throw out the last few years of play because of Tyreke was unstoppable tonight.

Look, I am not saying that Tyreke isn't a good player or even that he couldn't be more effective given a different system but he played out of his head tonight. He still has the same weaknesses that he had going into tonight. They didn't go away because they weren't apparent tonight.

I guess that depends on whether or not you believe his career-high 47.4% shooting this season (sure to be higher after tonight) is a fluke. If you don't and, given the work he put in last summer on improving his jumper, I tend not to, there's no reason to believe that he can't sniff 50% for a season, even if he falls just short.

I'll respectfully disagree about the ball movement: he only had one ball-stopper moment tonight, and he has shown steady improvement in that aspect all season long. The ball moved very well tonight, with Evans as the primary ball handler.
He was great tonight.

uhm... he was the main ball handler much of the night... to the tune of 7 assists. talk about myopic...

:rolleyes:

also, 'reke's shooting nearly 48% on the season, which is as good as he really needs to be shooting. the ball should be in his hands more often, given his efficiency. only dwyane wade is shooting better this season as a two-guard, and i imagine playing next to lebron james has something to do with the easy shots wade gets so often...
You are kind of proving my point for me. He is shooting pretty well this year when he isn't the primary ball handler and isn't relied on to score as much.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
We got Aldridge, too? Man, we're on our way!

Meh. A little over two months ago, half the people on this board was saying the exact same thing about Evans, after back-to-back wins over two playoff teams.

You are kind of proving my point for me. He is shooting pretty well this year when he isn't the primary ball handler and isn't relied on to score as much.
demarcus will always take that load off tyreke. it's not 'reke's rookie season anymore, after all. he doesn't have to do everything by himself anymore, nor is that an ideal situation for him to be in. he doesn't have to dominate nightly to be an individual success or to have a positive impact on the play of his team. but he should be the primary ball handler, with the offense flowing through cousins. you can run the pick and roll all day long with those two players, and with a center that requires a regular double-team, 'reke's gonna get the kinda looks that are helping him shoot a career high in fg%. he's already getting them. he just needs more minutes, and more trust from his head coach...

K

KingMilz

Ok I'ma do here what you did there watch.....

The LA Clippers against Memphis today lost easily by 11 points and they had everyone except Eric Bledsoe so that means they had Chris Paul.

The time before they played Chris Paul was injured and Eric Bledsoe played and the Clippers stomped the Grizzlies by 20+ on the Grizz home floor.

Bledsoe played very decent defense and run the floor and fastbreak very well since hes a freak athlete who has been a good bench player so far in his career.

Now if I were to suggest to you that based on that the Clippers are better with Eric Bledose and without Chris Paul you would think I'm a complete idiot what your suggesting makes you look like one as well. When you blow out a team by 40 its cause they were awful on that night not because one player supposedly brings down everyones spirit.

To even suggest such a thing is just beyond silly heres anther one than with Cousins we beat the Lakers by 9 without Cousins we lost by 13 this season.

Since good things come in 3's here a final one for good measure the Hawks today played without Josh Smith, Jeff Teauge and Zaza 3 starters against the Lakers who beat them last week with those guys. Today they beat the Lakers without them does that mean they are a better team without them? No, See how easy it was to do what you did there and completely fail?

Great performance by everyone I'm loving PPat I already forgot about that guy we drafted #5 what was his name?

Last edited by a moderator: