David Stern's presser and latest news, rumors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not seeing any evidence on News10 that they even know the KJ presser exists. Keep your eyes on Twitter, I guess.
Im still looking around to see KJ presser. I think at this point, we will just find out through this twitter site with Chris Daniels what is going on. I know it is an opposing view but couldnt find any other one. The way he is writing, he seems to be typing right when it finishes. So I expect something to be mentioned here in next few minutes.

Here was the David Stern presser http://www.nba.com/video/

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Chris Daniels‏@ChrisDaniels5

Now hearing KJ is running late. #NBAKings

Chris Daniels‏@ChrisDaniels5

Hoping to do a live report during our 5pm KING5 newscast on Stern’s latest comments on #NBAKings… after KJ talks to media.

Only person I could find that knows what is going on. Heard him on Grant Napier show so thought I would see if he knew anything.
Only person you could find that knows what's going on is Chris Daniels? Erm...I so don't think so. There are a myriad of people FROM SACRAMENTO that have access to info. I just prefer to hear the local slant instead of the Seattle slant, you know?

I'm watching the presser right now. KJ is being pretty forthright in the face of some rude questions (most likely from the Seattle contingency :p).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Way to go, KJ! My respect for the Mayor of Sacramento just continues to grow as he fields questions that he and the reporter knows he cannot publicly answer. I loved his response about how he thinks the owners feel about moving the Kings. He basically said that a relocation is NEVER good for the league and that it generally ONLY happens when there is a local lack of support. He made it clear that Sacramento DOES support the Kings.

Only person you could find that knows what's going on is Chris Daniels? Erm...I so don't think so. There are a myriad of people FROM SACRAMENTO that have access to info. I just prefer to hear the local slant instead of the Seattle slant, you know?

I'm watching the presser right now. KJ is being pretty forthright in the face of some rude questions (most likely from the Seattle contingency :p).
Well I am glad you found someone. Yes I think KJ is doing a great job. I just try to find any info. I dont care where it comes from. I am watching the presser to and it is from News 10. I am glad about that! You cant get that info down here. So I am glad to find anything.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Saw Sam Amick in the group. I expect his Twitter account light up with some unbiased info momentarily.

Well I am glad you found someone. Yes I think KJ is doing a great job. I just try to find any info. I dont care where it comes from. I am watching the presser to and it is from News 10. I am glad about that! You cant get that info down here. So I am glad to find anything.
Follow Aaron Bruski. He's a national writer and has been on top of this story since day one.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you're looking for information you have to consider the source. Chris Daniels is totally pro-Seattle and his viewpoint is always going to be slanted in their favor. This is a Sacramento Kings board. If our folks are looking for info, reading Daniels can be misleading and disturbing.

It's just my two cents, as always, but I think there are guys out there like Scott Howard-Cooper, Sam Amick and Joe Davidson who have a Sacramento slant. And, of course, Carmichael Dave and Kevin Johnson. Jason Jones from the Bee is irrelevant.

EDIT: And as Mike said above, Aaron Bruski is good about the sale/arena situation. His take on the team itself is sometimes lacking but he's been right on top of all the non-game stuff.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From @SeanCunningham: News10 speaks 1-on-1 with @KJ_MayorJohnson following media availability - Those comments & VIDEO coming soon

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Chris Daniels trying to frame his question as not being stupid.

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
Thanks folks for the feedback on the “can your city afford it?” question on public subsidy. It’s a legit question for ANY city. #NBAKings

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Chris Daniels trying to frame his question as not being stupid.
lol He isn't just asking stupid questions. He continually tries to find ways to demean and belittle Sacramento in an apparent attempt to build up Seattle. I loved how KJ just looked at him as though he was drooling and babbling.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
lol He isn't just asking stupid questions. He continually tries to find ways to demean and belittle Sacramento in an apparent attempt to build up Seattle. I loved how KJ just looked at him as though he was drooling and babbling.
More stupidity:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
And for the record folks - KJ did acknowledge any arena deal would need ANOTHER council vote. So there ya go…
Errrr Chris, one of the two no votes is gone.

Wow. Stern almost lost his composure there. Still not exactly happy with Seattle
Still not happy with Seattle + still not happy with Maloofs = he likes us much more.

I hope that it makes a difference.

I was really hoping that we would come-up with a win-win solution (great leaders often do) - that is looking doubtful.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
stevelarge_cbs13 ‏@largesteven

Headlines from Stern: Not meeting KJ in HOU; "Plausible" Kings stay in SAC; Nothing more SEA can do to win a franchise; $ not final decider.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick

Stern on Sac counteroffer: "I expect that the owners have a very open mind."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Translation: they know the maloofs are scum.
Yep, and they recognize a scum move when they see one. I cannot think of any owner who would agree that the Maloof sale to Seattle was conducted in anything remotely resembling a honest and forthright manner. I think most of them are really hoping KJ comes in with something realistic so they don't have to award the Maloofs any further for bad behavior that has tarnished the reputation of team owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.