Seattle rumors/comments - post them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel bad for you sactown natives, but I guess Seattle is as good an alternative as there could have been. Good fans and Supersonics is one of the coolest franchises I can think of.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well on the plus side, Keith Smart probably won't return next season now.

Neither will the Kings -- if this happens its the end of the Kings/Royals franchise. If Boogie goes on to be the best center in the league or whatever, it will be as a Seattle Sonic in green and gold.

Bricklayer

Is there really not any way this can't be stopped? This is terrible :(

If Woj is right that the NBA has sanctioned this, then no. Then the coded language by Kevin Johnson where he started to hem and haw about the Kings...or any future team etc., with the Maloofs slipping out their $500mil demands last month etc., about Petrei decding to hang them up after the season, etc. has been about people in the know knowing.

Last best hope would be the NBA allwoing Sac to treat this like restricted free agency, and being allowed to match the deal with its own buyers. but again, if Woj is right and the NBA has already sanctioned it...we'll just have to see what the NBA says when its announced.

Neither will the Kings -- if this happens its the end of the Kings/Royals franchise. If Boogie goes on to be the best center in the league or whatever, it will be as a Seattle Sonic in green and gold.
indeed. but... geezus, these things always come out of nowhere, don't they? i'm reminded of how i felt the moment i heard that the kings had traded chris webber to the philadelphia 76ers for spare parts. it was like a suckerpunch, somethin' i knew may happen, but never really adequately prepared for. if the maloofs decided to sell the team, i figured they'd find an investor in northern california who was likey to keep the team here. but, if chris hansen is really about to drop a league-record $500 million on the kings, i suppose it's not so surprising that he and his group were the maloofs' #1 option...

Bricklayer

indeed. but... geezus, these things always come out of nowhere, don't they? i'm reminded of how i felt the moment i heard that the kings had traded chris webber to the philadelphia 76ers for spare parts. it was like a suckerpunch, somethin' i knew may happen, but never really adequately prepared for. if the maloofs decided to sell the team, i figured they'd find an investor in northern california who was likey to keep the team here. but, if chris hansen is really about to drop a league-record $500 million on the kings, i suppose it's not so surprising that he and his group were the maloofs' #1 option...
I do remember that one and felt the same way. But that was more absolute than this one.

There is still some hope of a reversal here..well, maybe. I suppose it would be clsoer to saying that we do not know enoguh details yet to know if there is or not. Johnson's reaction should be telling. The NBA's language etc.

I do remember that one and felt the same way. But that was more absolute than this one.

There is still some hope of a reversal here..well, maybe. I suppose it would be clsoer to saying that we do not know enoguh details yet to know if there is or not. Johnson's reaction should be telling. The NBA's language etc.
the nba certainly has a decision to make. one response would be to double down on behalf of sacramento, allowing any supposed northern california buyers to line up and bid for the team. the easier response, however, would be to allow the sale to go through, and return an nba franchise to a storied city that never wanted to lose its team. with the kings in disarray and arena attendance at all-time lows, sacramento simply does not have the appeal it once did as an nba city, so i fear the easier response will win out. the hope is that the nba can see the appeal of a reenergized sacramento kings fanbase getting behind new ownership that's committed to winning. it's a sliver, but i'm hangin' on...

I think our only chance now is if Burkle comes in and offer the same amount...
I think Burkle wasn't expecting to have to pay $500 million for the franchise, so I bet he's gonna pass on that. This group is probably paying over a billion dollars to complete this (including the new arena they're paying for), so ... it's over. It's over :(

my god :( just heard the news... i have no idea what im going to do tbh.... im in he unique position of watching a team i love but have no affinity too so i could always move with the Kings :(

will wait for the final news but also want to keep in contact with the great basketballing minds i have met in the last few years if the kins do move.... will any of you guys follow the team into a new city?? or support the lakers or anouther franchise??

No it's not 99% done.

It has to go through the league. My guess is the league will let the Sacramento group come in with their offer and will tell Seattle you will get an expansion team.
More likely the other way around... let Seattle take this team and offer/promise Sacramento an expansion team in xx years after they make a deal with a new ownership group (Burkle?) and get the arena done.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
my god :( just heard the news... i have no idea what im going to do tbh.... im in he unique position of watching a team i love but have no affinity too so i could always move with the Kings :(
For the record, it's not all that unique. But, yeah, I definitely feel bad for the "townies."

More likely the other way around... let Seattle take this team and offer/promise Sacramento an expansion team in xx years after they make a deal with a new ownership group (Burkle?) and get the arena done.
Sorry but I will be done with the NBA and I bet most of the last fans will be too.

will wait for the final news but also want to keep in contact with the great basketballing minds i have met in the last few years if the kins do move.... will any of you guys follow the team into a new city?? or support the lakers or anouther franchise??
New here?

Bricklayer

The great difficulty here is this: the franchise will be gone. Just moving to a new city would be a huge stretch for many/most fans, especially the oens in Sacto. New owners woudl help, so at least it woiuld not be the guys who ruined the franchise in the Maloofs, but then again the newowners would also be the ones who stole the team to another city. But because it is THIS group, because the palns are to buy this team and magically turn them into the Sonics...the whole franchise will basically end unless/until in some distant future a similar maneuver is pulled with it. The team will be in a different city, with diffeernt owners, wearing different colors, with a different name. Likely even a new front office and coach. The only point of continuity might be a few players. Cousins could become their new franchise guy. But he'll do it wearing a different uniform for a different organization almost as if he was traded.

nope not at all.... if i had children (for example) and wanted them to support an NBA team i whould like them to go to my local team (which whould be lakers no (?) )... also helps the lakers have amazing history

i know it whould be a hard desision but its one i suspect its one some fans will take.....

The great difficulty here is this: the franchise will be gone. Just moving to a new city would be a huge stretch for many/most fans, especially the oens in Sacto. New owners woudl help, so at least it woiuld not be the guys who ruined the franchise in the Maloofs, but then again the newowners would also be the ones who stole the team to another city. But because it is THIS group, because the palns are to buy this team and magically turn them into the Sonics...the whole franchise will basically end unless/until in some distant future a similar maneuver is pulled with it. The team will be in a different city, with diffeernt owners, wearing different colors, with a different name. Likely even a new front office and coach. The only point of continuity might be a few players. Cousins could become their new franchise guy. But he'll do it wearing a different uniform for a different organization almost as if he was traded.
i know exactly this is why im hurting too but i like basketball and im really not sure what to do next :( ... are you just out of love with basketball then now??

Status
Not open for further replies.