Rumor: Celtics may make another run at Tyreke Evans

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/rumor-celtics-may-make-another-run-at.html

The Kings would be wise to break up their floundering core. Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins are both knuckleheads and it's hard to win with one those type of guys leading your team, let alone two. One thing about Ainge is he's a gambler, so don't dismiss this rumor as impossible. I'm sure Ainge has already placed a call to the Kings to see what their asking price is (Any GM worth his salt is constantly placing calls like this).

what do you think about this??

K

KingMilz

The Celtics would be far better going after Cousins if i were them but in saying that they don't really have anything to give back in return they won't trade Pierce whos a legned there (plus hes old), KG while amazing player is old as hell and doesn't make much sense and Rondo will most likely be a Celtic for life to. I just wouldn't give up Reke or Cuz for what they got its ethier not up to par on talent or potential or to old. But hey the Kings managment has done dumber things before

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/rumor-celtics-may-make-another-run-at.html

The Kings would be wise to break up their floundering core. Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins are both knuckleheads and it's hard to win with one those type of guys leading your team, let alone two. One thing about Ainge is he's a gambler, so don't dismiss this rumor as impossible. I'm sure Ainge has already placed a call to the Kings to see what their asking price is (Any GM worth his salt is constantly placing calls like this).

what do you think about this??
First explain why and how Tyreke Evans is a knucklehead

Edit: realised this was from the original article. What they are suggesting is ridiculous. Avery Bradley and Jared Sullinger as the main components in some sort of package for JT and Evans. That's plain and outright stupid. We're a bad team, but even bad teams have their more valuable components.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gotta love the knowledge of the guy calling Reke a knucklehead. That crap got started early and has just never died out no matter how good a teammate he has become.

As for the Celtics making another run at him? Sure. Its almost rebuild time there. And this is where us not having him under contract could get dicey too. But there's only one piece on their team worth a Reke type deal, and that's Rondo.

In any case, this is a fan blog. A particuallry ignroant fan apparently. The original source is the normal inane random stream of consciousness Chad Ford non-rumor.

Last edited:
First explain why and how Tyreke Evans is a knucklehead

Edit: realised this was from the original article. What they are suggesting is ridiculous. Avery Bradley and Jared Sullinger as the main components in some sort of package for JT and Evans. That's plain and outright stupid. We're a bad team, but even bad teams have their more valuable components.
Rondo for Evans and Garcia works. Anything they have for Evans must have Rondo.

I'm a HUGE Avery Bradley fan and believe he's on his way to being one of the top perimeter defenders at the 2-guard position in the NBA. Now, a Marcus Thornton for Bradley deal? Our perimeter defensive problems would be solved with a Reke-Bradley back-court

That gets said every time and every time the players love playing for the fans here.
There's a BIG difference in the organizations' philosophy and the way it's run now, as compared to other times. And Rondo is used to WINNING, running a system that works and having a coach that knows what he's doing. He is not the type of player to take the King's situation quietly if he gets traded here.

There's a BIG difference in the organizations' philosophy and the way it's run now, as compared to other times. And Rondo is used to WINNING, running a system that works and having a coach that knows what he's doing. He is not the type of player to take the King's situation quietly if he gets traded here.
He would also be out of the shadows of Pierce and KG. He would be able prove his worth on his own.

I'm a HUGE Avery Bradley fan and believe he's on his way to being one of the top perimeter defenders at the 2-guard position in the NBA. Now, a Marcus Thornton for Bradley deal? Our perimeter defensive problems would be solved with a Reke-Bradley back-court

Could not agree more with this. If the Cavs decide to ship varajao to Bos we could unwrap that pick to CLE and one of our mini-guards preferably not IT for Avery and have a respectable backcourt for the first time since 2004.

bradley for thornton sounds good :)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Arrrrrrgg! You beat me to it. I love Bradley! He's not only a very good defender, but the dude can shoot the rock as well. However, I'm not going to trade Tyreke for him. However, if at some point management decides that they're not willing to pay the money that Tyreke wants, then its better to get something for him rather than let him walk. I certainly hope it doesn't come to that, but who knows with this orginzation. The Celts aren't about to give up Rondo, and I'm not that big a fan of Sullingers. Not a big fan of Melo's either, but I'd rather have him for defensive reasons. If we had to deal with them, Bradley, Melo, and possibly a first round pick would have to be part of the deal. Not even sure if that works dollar wise.

I'd have to think someone, somewhere, would have a better offer. As far as Thronton for Bradley? I'd do that one in a heartbeat.

Agreed.

I think this is the standard asking price from us if they want Tyreke.

Rondo raising some hell might be what this team needs.
I would deal Garcia and Evans for Rondo (BOS bites to get a player Ainge covets and score some major cap room if it doesn't work out), then do a separate spare parts deal with UTA and MIL to end up with Gooden from MIL and Marvin Williams and Kevin Murphy from UTA (we'd send Brooks and Johnson to MIL for Gooden, giving them an expiring and a backup PG they need, then deal Salmons and Przybilla from MIL to UTA for Williams, which seems like a like for like deal until you consider they might like the fact Salmons can slide to SG and also be a bench player if they deal Harrington or Millsap for a package including an SF, and have a desperate need for a cheap backup C.)

C: Cousins/Hayes
PF: Thompson/Gooden/Robinson
SF: Williams/Outlaw/Honeycutt
PG: Rondo/Thomas
SG: Thornton/Fredette/Murphy

We lose a ton of payroll flexibility, but get a nice core. The bench takes a major step up and our young nucleus becomes IT, Throb, MT, Cuz, and Jimmer.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd like to get Rondo AND Bradley.

Give up Tyreke and Thornton. And I have no idea whether the salary matches, but that would be the core of the deal.

PS Does anyone else think it more than coincidental that this rumor has arisen just when Tyreke has been out with a bone bruise on his knee for seven games? Seems like it could be more than coincidence. This Tyreke bone bruise thing is starting to remind me of Kevin Martin's injury just before he got traded.

Last edited:

Give up Tyreke and Thornton. And I have no idea whether the salary matches, but that would be the core of the deal.

PS Does anyone else think it more than coincidental that this rumor has arisen just when Tyreke has been out with a bone bruise on his knee for seven games? Seems like it could be more than coincidence. This Tyreke bone bruise thing is starting to remind me of Kevin Martin's injury just before he got traded.
Explain- what would the logic of the faux injury be?

In a sacramento boston trade discussion im most interested in keeping Evans and getting bradley. Can you all imagine Evans and Bradley playing D in the backcourt at the same time?

Scary to think of.

In a sacramento boston trade discussion im most interested in keeping Evans and getting bradley. Can you all imagine Evans and Bradley playing D in the backcourt at the same time?
And I think that would be Ainge's strategic logic of making this deal. It would be crazy, and a very athletic backcourt. They would sacrifice a lot on ball movement and scoring, but with a potential lineup of Garnett/Bass/Pierce/Bradley/Evans if they made the above deal (with Terry as super 6th), they would be very tough to score on. We would lose some D with getting Rondo, but finally get a playmaker and proven PG. Seems fair.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

Explain- what would the logic of the faux injury be?
The logic is that you don't want to do anything that would risk a trade not going through. That "anything" could be re-injury, or it could be not playing all that well (through the pain), which might also risk the deal not going through. And then there's always the passive-aggressive possibility of not playing in order to induce such deal. Sure seems a heckuvalong time for a bruise to the knee, especially when he came back from it and looked pretty good before.

KMart's was totally legit. He had a bad ankle to start and I saw and heard him land on it bad again. Imaging slapping your hand on the court. That is what it sounded like the second time.

Entity

Hall of Famer
wow tyreke and garcia for Rondo. that would be Keith Smarts dream lineup.

pg Brooks
sg Thomas
sf Jimmer
pf Thorton
c Rondo

seriously 4 pgs 1 tweener sg and 4 below average SF's 1 good PF 1 good center 1 tweener pf and 1 6'6 blob of whatever the hell chuck hayes is.

There is no way Boston would trade us Rondo for Evans.

On the other hand I can see Petrie (with his love of undersized bigs) going after Brandon Bass and midget 2guard Leandro Barbosa along with Green or Terry.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KMart's was totally legit. He had a bad ankle to start and I saw and heard him land on it bad again. Imaging slapping your hand on the court. That is what it sounded like the second time.
Ah, but that doesn't support the conspiracy theories. Next you'll be telling them tinfoil hats don't protect their brains from beams from outer space. :p