[Game] Toronto @ Kings - 12/5/12

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
People are whining too much in this thread.

Reke's shot is off, but his defense has been tremendous, and its settled us.

Both power guys have been dominating with, well, power.

Our little chuckers ahve a number of good passes or pass attemtps to their credit.

Johnson looked more sttled.

And in case anybody missed it, did you notice the rotations? Still too much "we'll I'll sub you guys all in at once so nobody will get their feeling hurt and feel left out" to it, but actual starter minutes and reserve minutes.

Agaisnt a bad team, a lot of poor defense from people not named Tyreke or Johnson, but overall this is entirely an acceptable effort thus far.

Oh, no, I was using it as affirmation of how he's a good announcer. I didn't know he was a famous person, or known outside of his community. I just enjoyed the team much more than others. Clippers, for instance, have a horrible pbp/cc team. I agree with you, he's much better than our guys. And our guys aren't even that bad in the grand scheme of the NBA.

Oh, no, I was using it as affirmation of how he's a good announcer. I didn't know he was a famous person, or known outside of his community. I just enjoyed the team much more than others. Clippers, for instance, have a horrible pbp/cc team. I agree with you, he's much better than our guys. And our guys aren't even that bad in the grand scheme of the NBA.
The Jazz have one really good one and Matt Harpring.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I thought Jimmer played somewhat well, aside from losing Calderon a few times and missing some shots. Thought everything came more in the flow.

Love the minute distribution tonight. Don't recall the last time we saw 17 mins from each of our starters at halftime. I'll willingly sacrifice Thornton's PT if that means the starters are able to get some continuinity together and start to gel as a unit

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

I wouldn't say he was famous: I'd just had league Pass since 2003, and I've watched a ton of other games besides the Kings. Devlin used to call the Bobcats games, before he took the Raptors job, and I watched every 'Cats game from their first one, until Wallace got traded.

Cousins really needs to stop jawing at the refs. Every little play he's barking at the refs for some reason or another. If he wants to get respect from the refs, he needs to shut up and play

No jumpers tonight for Cousins ... and surprise surprise, his confidence is up and his FG% is good.
This is the key to him being a dominate big. He has the size, strength, foot speed and hands to be a great inside presence. He needs to spend most of his time inside. He can shoot the jumper but he shouldn't unless the other team take everything else away.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cousins really needs to stop jawing at the refs. Every little play he's barking at the refs for some reason or another. If he wants to get respect from the refs, he needs to shut up and play
I have to disagree - at least for tonight. I've been trying to watch him as much as possible, and I think he's done a pretty good job of NOT doing what you're accusing him of. Just sayin'...

I have to disagree - at least for tonight. I've been trying to watch him as much as possible, and I think he's done a pretty good job of NOT doing what you're accusing him of. Just sayin'...
Perhaps when I just started watching then. He had several plays that I saw where he was barking at the refs

This is the key to him being a dominate big. He has the size, strength, foot speed and hands to be a great inside presence. He needs to spend most of his time inside. He can shoot the jumper but he shouldn't unless the other team take everything else away.
That's on coach to plunk him down on the block and make him do work. But all I see is a buddy who lets him shoot 3s.

George Karl had the same problem with another "more talent than he knew what to do with" player in Melo. When Melo came in his fg% was horrendous. Karl made him take x amount of shots inside before he was "allowed" to jack up a 3.

Passing is great this game. Wish it happened more often.

Like what Reke is doing by being aggressive to the basket. His efficiency sucks tonight and he's not hitting his FT's, but this is the kind of offensive scorer we want him to be

Perhaps when I just started watching then. He had several plays that I saw where he was barking at the refs
I watched Cuz very closely tonight and his "barking" has been at a minimum for his standard tonight and letting it go pretty quick which is progress we hope. His TOs need to get cleaned up going down stretch of this game that's so winnabe for Kings.