[Game] Bulls vs. Kings

Its so easy to blame the coach. He missed putting in Evans by two minutes. We are only down by 3. Did Smart turn the ball over 12 times with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter? is Smart freezing out Cousins and Evans?
no but Smart did take out his hottest player before taking out any other starter, also he put a lineup on the floor of 5 bench players, including the worthless Garcia and Hayes, and left the lineup in far too long

Its so easy to blame the coach. He missed putting in Evans by two minutes. We are only down by 3. Did Smart turn the ball over 12 times with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter? is Smart freezing out Cousins and Evans?
My thoughts as well. The new fad around this forum is to blame everything on Smart. Smart didn't turn the ball over 12 times

Yes. Why not call a play for a player who finished the half 5-5? No logical reason why Smart couldn't get Reke a shot in the 2nd until 4 secs left.

But why keep Thornton and Brooks in when you put Evans in? Why insist on playing Thornton that many minutes? Why not let Evans play the 2? That's what friggin got us the lead in the 1st quarer
You have to play Thornton. He's the best perimeter scorer on the team. Evans is playing the 2.

You can blame Smart for the fact that we aren't blowing out a well coached Chicago Bulls team at their home opener. I'll blame all the turnovers and our point guards getting swamped on defense/ being totally ineffective. We are down by 4. I like our chances in the second half if we can protect the ball and get one other guy going. The rotations have been solid for the most part. I have a few minor issues with it of course, but damn.

I'm not an optimist either.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Kings are playing excellent defense. I might have seen three flub-ups in the half, and that's not bad at all. They are playing with a lot of focus and intensity. The offense needs work, but overall I really like what I'm seeing. Yes, Cousins got into foul trouble again, but you can just see that he's really trying to clean up that part of his game. Nice to see they are trying to play intelligently rather than just throwin it up out there.

hey guess what tyreke fans, I agree with you. Tyreke should have played more in that first half. Hopefully that means he'll be used more in the second half, since he should be rested. Hamilton cannot guard him.

Thornton missing these open shots is the biggest surprise to me. Both teams are a bit sloppy on offense, but the Kings shooters are missing open shots that should be routine.
Exactly. Smart is always talking about taking advantage of matchups, playing the hot guy etc, yet he only ever applies that concept to Cousins and Thornton. Evans gets hot - benches him for a long period of time. Evans is taking advantage of Rip guarding him - Smart refuses to take Thornton out thus putting Evans at SF. It's so obvious that even you agree Evans should have played more and that Hamilton cannot guard him.

also why the **** is James Johnson attempting so much shots??? mother****er you aren't here for that! What a frustrating half..I feel like punching a hole through something...

no but Smart did take out his hottest player before taking out any other starter, also he put a lineup on the floor of 5 bench players, including the worthless Garcia and Hayes, and left the lineup in far too long
when he pulled Reke i thought there was no way Cuz/JJ/JT get subbed back first, yet they did. Smart cannot coach 2nd quarters.

The Bulls have effectively taken away the Kings speed at PG. I think you may see some triangle with Cousins and the PGs to change up things on the Bulls defenders.

You have to play Thornton. He's the best perimeter scorer on the team. Evans is playing the 2.

You can blame Smart for the fact that we aren't blowing out a well coached Chicago Bulls team at their home opener. I'll blame all the turnovers and our point guards getting swamped on defense/ being totally ineffective. We are down by 4. I like our chances in the second half if we can protect the ball and get one other guy going. The rotations have been solid for the most part. I have a few minor issues with it of course, but damn.

I'm not an optimist either.
Can you explain to me how a lineup of Brooks/IT, Thornton and Evans has Evans playing at the 2? How come Rip Hamilton is guarding Marcus Thornton is Evans was playing the 2?

Best perimeter scorer on the team who didn't hit a single perimeter shot. Coach keeps him in for essentially 14 minutes straight. You want to keep Thornton in then take IT/Brooks out for Evans.

If our pg's can't create and the pressure is effecting them, then have Reke handle. He did fine. That's coaching. If you don't want to blame Smart for the pg's turning it over, well, it's his fault for not then putting the ball in Reke's hands. What stopped SMart from running a Reke/MT backcourt?

Yes. Why not call a play for a player who finished the half 5-5? No logical reason why Smart couldn't get Reke a shot in the 2nd until 4 secs left.
We don't know what Smart called. We know the point guards have 0 assists and have failed to set anything up all night. If you want to blame Smart for that then fine, but we don't know what Smarts calling. He can't force those guys to feed Evans the ball. Evans is tied for the team lead in shots. Yes, I agree, he should have taken more, but I'm not going to run and blame that on Smart when I have other more obvious reasons why he didn't shoot more. Evans has been super efficient, and I'm glad he's not forcing.

Can you stop talking **** about Garcia every chance you get? It has gotten old. We all get you hate him, as you tell us every chance you get. The guy played a good 7 minutes yet you still call him worthless. Next time you want to comment about him reconsider a few times if it adds any value to the conversation. Besides your rants about him your posts are normally worth reading.

Can you explain to me how a lineup of Brooks/IT, Thornton and Evans has Evans playing at the 2? How come Rip Hamilton is guarding Marcus Thornton is Evans was playing the 2?

Best perimeter scorer on the team who didn't hit a single perimeter shot. Coach keeps him in for essentially 14 minutes straight. You want to keep Thornton in then take IT/Brooks out for Evans.

That lineup was on the court together for like, 2 minutes. Evans is going to play some 3. He's going to have too. He played the two a majority of that half. I just don't get it.

We don't know what Smart called. We know the point guards have 0 assists and have failed to set anything up all night. If you want to blame Smart for that then fine, but we don't know what Smarts calling. He can't force those guys to feed Evans the ball. Evans is tied for the team lead in shots. Yes, I agree, he should have taken more, but I'm not going to run and blame that on Smart when I have other more obvious reasons why he didn't shoot more. Evans has been super efficient, and I'm glad he's not forcing.
Then put the ball in Reke's hands.....as I said, why not run a Reke/MT backcourt?

It's the first damn game of the season with players adjusting to new roles. People should stop overreacting and look towards the positives of our defense.

Can you stop talking **** about Garcia every chance you get? It has gotten old. We all get you hate him, as you tell us every chance you get. The guy played a good 7 minutes yet you still call him worthless. Next time you want to comment about him reconsider a few times if it adds any value to the conversation. Besides your rants about him your posts are normally worth reading.
just watch his effort on defense and tell me how much he is really helping the team. the point is, he doesnt deserve playing time with the Roster this team now has

That lineup was on the court together for like, 2 minutes. Evans is going to play some 3. He's going to have too. He played the two a majority of that half. I just don't get it.
No, that lineup was on the court the entire time Evans played the 2nd. Evans was subbed in for Garcia at the 5 min mark with a backcourt of Thornton and Brooks. Brooks was then replaced by IT.

That's 10 minutes in the 1st at the 2, and 5 minutes in the 2nd purely at SF.

It's the first damn game of the season with players adjusting to new roles. People should stop overreacting and look towards the positives of our defense.
I'm not even talking about the players adjusting to their roles. i'm talking about Smart putting them in their bloody roles