Jimmer rumor?

Ben Maller@benmaller
Jazz reportedly working on trade with Sac Kings to bring Jimmer Fredette back to Utah. This sounds MUCH better than it will be.

What could we get from Utah?

Jody Genessy:I'm finding it hard to believe there is a Jimmer-to-Jazz trade rumor out there. Wait, no I'm not. This rumor first rumored by @benmaller.about 14 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2174xKkx4

Steve Luhm:Jazz might have taken Jimmer at No. 12 in 2011 draft. But would they give up an asset for him? Not sure they would.about 18 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2175BDlFD

Hayward's a frigging stud.
He played alongside DMC at the Rookie/Soph All-Star game, and showed the world he's the real deal.

There's no way the Jazz remotely give up him for Jimmer (unless they're absolutely nuts).

How about Gordon Hayward? 6'8" SF ?
they already have 3 pgs i wonder why they need jimmer. maybe to sell tickets? before the draft i would have taken a PF off their hands for jimmer but now i think we need either a C or an upgrade at SF. maybe we can have hayward since they brought in marvin williams but would the maloofs trade a moneymaker? we just got james johnson, is hayward enough of an "upgrade"?

How about Gordon Hayward? 6'8" SF ?
Why would you want to rape the Jazz??? What did they ever do to you, besides the fact that they have given you the pleasure of watching three of the most amazing basketball players the game has ever produced???????

If I were the Kings, yes I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I were the Jazz, I wouldn't even consider it...

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I would have been interested in trading Jimmer for Watson, but that was before the ridiculous acquisition of Brooks. Favors isn't going anywhere. Maybe find a way to get Kanter? No one else I really want from Utah, as Haywood is untouchable.

I will say we might not have a better opportunity to get something of value for Jimmer than Utah being interested now, if true.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Why would you want to rape the Jazz??? What did they ever do to you, besides the fact that they have given you the pleasure of watching three of the most amazing basketball players the game has ever produced???????

If I were the Kings, yes I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I were the Jazz, I wouldn't even consider it...
They beat us in the first round in 98. Time to get revenge.

Jimmer and TRob for Derrick Favors and next years 1st round pick. Bam lets do it.
The Kings can't trade the first until they're eliminated from the playoffs, (Cavs hold rights) but Jimmer and Trob alone could do it. Would be a great fit for the Kings.

If the Jazz just want to add some vets, Garcia+Hayes+Jimmer+Honeycutt for Al Jefferson works. Garcia is an expiring, and Hayes will allow the Jazz to give their young bigs PT that AJ took. And Hayes deal will end right when they need to re-sign Kanter/Burks/etc.

Big Al might just be a one year rental, but the kind that will get the team a lot closer to 500 and maybe some excitement. He'll block some shots and maybe teach Cuz some post moves. And the Kings really just lose Jimmer and an overpaid 4th big. Trob will not be pressured into more than 15 min a game, and if he warrants more, he can get some at SF if necessary.

I'm not a Reke hater, but what about Reke + Jimmer for Hayward. Or start there and add to make the numbers work.

That's a ridiculous trade from our point of view. Don't be silly.

As for trading Jimmer, people can forget about getting Hayward back. There's no way they trade him, even after signing Williams. Wouldn't be surprised to see Geoff go after Josh Howard as he's liked him for a while. That would be idiotic on all sorts of levels of course, but I could see it.

As for who I'd want; they probably don't want to give up on Kanter yet as it's early, even though he hasn't looked good. I'd take him for Jimmer. CJ Miles has burned us a couple times if memory serves, and we know that's a prerequisite for GP. Don't want him. I'd take next years first rounder for him gladly. Not giving up on Jimmer completely, but there's no space for him and he doesn't fit.

The Kings can't trade the first until they're eliminated from the playoffs, (Cavs hold rights) but Jimmer and Trob alone could do it. Would be a great fit for the Kings.

If the Jazz just want to add some vets, Garcia+Hayes+Jimmer+Honeycutt for Al Jefferson works. Garcia is an expiring, and Hayes will allow the Jazz to give their young bigs PT that AJ took. And Hayes deal will end right when they need to re-sign Kanter/Burks/etc.

Big Al might just be a one year rental, but the kind that will get the team a lot closer to 500 and maybe some excitement. He'll block some shots and maybe teach Cuz some post moves. And the Kings really just lose Jimmer and an overpaid 4th big. Trob will not be pressured into more than 15 min a game, and if he warrants more, he can get some at SF if necessary.
Pretty sure Entity was talking about Jazz's first rounder. As in T-Rob and Jimmer for Favors and Jazz first rounder.

Whatever player the Maloofs are looking to acquire, I'm sure he's making less than Jimmer is. Gotta assume they're penny-pinching now after 2 MAJOR acquisitions this past week :rolleyes:

I saw on realgm the current deal Is Jimmer for Watson, Cash, and Warriors top 6 protected pick. No source or anything so take it with a grain of salt... the fact that cash considerations are apart of the deal make it seem pretty realistic though.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I saw on realgm the current deal Is Jimmer for Watson, Cash, and Warriors top 6 protected pick. No source or anything so take it with a grain of salt... the fact that cash considerations are apart of the deal make it seem pretty realistic though.

A pcik? Really? We gotta jump all over that if that is even remotely true.

Entity

Hall of Famer
why in the hell would we need watson. We already got IT and AB plus Tyreke Unless of course another deal comes down the pipe later.

Watson is a pretty good distributor as well. Not to mention he's a kings killer... so we wouldn't have to deal with him any more. It would only mean that more trades would be coming down the road.

I have a hard time believing this is true, simply because it's such a no-brainer for us.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There's a slight chance the Warriors pick ends up late lottery or worse if Bogut and Curry stay healthy all year and Barnes contributes right away. But if we're considering trading Jimmer than now would be the time to do it while he's using the summer league to remind everyone who he is. Once the season starts he's going to be buried on the bench again.