SL Kings vs. Lakers Game Thread

Watching the Lakers SL team play last night, I was sure they were the worst team in it in recent years. Then we played. This will be a battle to see which team can turn it over the most and generally just look unorganised. At least we should find it easier to advance the ball considering Lakers are unlikely to press (unless they saw us play last night).

Hopefully we can get the ball to Robinson down low to see what he can do. Whiteside doesn't have the IQ to get on the court and I fear it will always be that way. He just drifts away from his man constantly, leaving open lay-ups for his man. Jimmer needs to play well to get some of his confidence back.

when will IT be back? I mean yeah, the Lakers did look bad, but even the remote chance that the Kings could lose this game makes me want to throw up! we'll need all the help we can get. maybe Cuz plays, too (he did only have one SL, after all).

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Guys should look better here, but if they only look better because the level of competition is all of a sudden high school again I don't know what that will tell us. Be nice if our guys could at least look like they had the instincts for the positions they are supposed to play however.

No need for IT to be in the summer league. He's already proven he can be an NBA player.

Jimmer on the other hand, has not. I'd rather him get the minutes than IT.

have to say i wont be watching any of the games today even the one i can watch my time (grizzlies vs knicks) because the boxing is on but i will be catch up here

I hope we improve on tommorow and some undrafted person makes a show and gets a chance

Glenn

Hall of Famer
have to say i wont be watching any of the games today even the one i can watch my time (grizzlies vs knicks) because the boxing is on but i will be catch up here

I hope we improve on tommorow and some undrafted person makes a show and gets a chance
Empty your mailbox.

No need for IT to be in the summer league. He's already proven he can be an NBA player.

Jimmer on the other hand, has not. I'd rather him get the minutes than IT.
I agree. I still haven't lost all hope in Jimmer, so I want him to get as much experience as possible and hopefully regain his confidence/become the sharpshooter we all desire him to be

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, since this is only a summer league game, I'm going to temper my usual Laker-Kings battle cry:

STUB YOUR TOES REALLY BADLY LAKER WANNABES!

They were just talking about DeMarcus Cousins during the Denver vs Golden State game and both commentators agreed that they think Cousins has actually grown and looked taller. Awesome. lol

Glenn

Hall of Famer
There are only three guys I will be watching. Reminds me a bit of The Wizard of Oz. One player needs a shot, the other needs a brain, and the last needs a position. A small attempt at humor.

And Bobby J is Dorothy????

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Why oh why do people keep saying Robinson is undersized? CWeb said something about people between 6'6" and 6'8" as if TRob is one of them. TRob is taller than that. Is it an optical illusion?