Summer League Kings Vs. Bobcats Gameday Thread

Yeah, Motie, Lamb have looked very good, and Jones has looked good too. Ross has been the guy for Toronto. White struggling to make an impact, although he had a nice pass or two.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Raptors seem to be a rudderless ship. Lots of young talent but no big star to build around. Of course, the same could be said about the Rockets.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ross' athleticism on display. pretty impressive! also, Motiejunas is pretty okay as well (understating it slightly).
Montiejunas has a lot of Demarcus in his game. Let's remember this is summer league though. Justin Williams looked like Bill Russell here and Donte Greene once put up KD numbers.

Montiejunas has a lot of Demarcus in his game. Let's remember this is summer league though. Justin Williams looked like Bill Russell here and Donte Greene once put up KD numbers.
Not sure I see the DeMarcus and Motiejunas comparison. What parts of their game do you see they share?

sure, still, the skillset is there.

it pleases me greatly, btw, that Bobby is there, doing his stuff. love that guy!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not sure I see the DeMarcus and Motiejunas comparison. What parts of their game do you see they share?
THeir games are similar in what they intend to do. Better offensively than defensively. DeMarcus however is much more instinctual than him with the addition of being a much better rebounder and not being a wuss.

The Raptors seem to be a rudderless ship. Lots of young talent but no big star to build around. Of course, the same could be said about the Rockets.

Valanciunas might be that star, although it's premature to declare him so as of yet. But he is very talented and has the mentality to go along with it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
What did Vesely do? Switched off a few minutes before the end. And why don't you like Lamb? He's very talented. Hard to tell yet if it was him or the system at Uconn, but one thing is for sure, he didn't do as well as he should have. He should have taken the most shots there but for some reason he didn't.
The reason was some guy named Shabazz Napier!

Valanciunas might be that star, although it's premature to declare him so as of yet. But he is very talented and has the mentality to go along with it.
I don't see him as a star myself. He will be a very good rebounder, pretty good at blocking shots, good man defender and help defender. Scoring wise he seems very raw and I think he will have lots of trouble vs normal NBA lineups.

I don't see him as a star myself. He will be a very good rebounder, pretty good at blocking shots, good man defender and help defender. Scoring wise he seems very raw and I think he will have lots of trouble vs normal NBA lineups.
Yeah, he needs to work on his scoring. But he has a very good IQ and feel for the game, and a good base to build upon. He's certainly not a liability on offense. I expect him to have an adjustment period as with all young players, especially those coming from Europe, but I would not be surprised to see him end up as an all-star.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Damnit! Just got home and saw Motiejunas was tearing it up. Hopefully they'll replay this game later on tonight. I like watching this kid, has a fair amount of talent.

Maybe sooner or later it'll blossom and everyone will see why DimeDropper and myself have been so high on him for a couple years. I was hoping we might snag him in a deal for Lowry, but that obviously never happened.

Damnit! Just got home and saw Motiejunas was tearing it up. Hopefully they'll replay this game later on tonight. I like watching this kid, has a fair amount of talent.

Maybe sooner or later it'll blossom and everyone will see why DimeDropper and myself have been so high on him for a couple years. I was hoping we might snag him in a deal for Lowry, but that obviously never happened.
Don't think so, he's already been referred to as a wuss on this very page, despite putting up 25/9/2/2/1 in 25 minutes. Granted it's SL and means pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's going to take a lot more to turn peoples heads when they have preconceived ideas about a player (usually based on where they come from).

add cwebb to your list of montiejunas fans. he looked pretty good. i was ecstatic with us getting trob, but i would have been fine with lowry/montiejunas if he keeps playing the way he did today vs other nba players

Same. I have been following him for awhile too. He lived up to expectations and looks nothing like an NBA rookie. The most impressive part of his game had to be his motor and feet. He was very quick staying in front of his man, aggressive blocking out on rebounds and always sprinted up the floor.

Machado was pretty much what people saw him as. Ran the team well, got everyone involved and basically opened up the game by making the Rockets efficient on offense. On defense, he got blown by quite a few times and got a little lost on pick n rolls. Most impressive thing was that he didn't panic when he drove the lane and was cut off inside. He knew where he was going with the ball in what is often a bad/bailout situation for most young guards.