[Game] Kings vs Pistons 3/14/12

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The way Detroit's announcers are talking (and they're talking because their ****ty TV feed gave out) Demarcus is the biggest bust this side of Jamarcus Russell

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
You know, just like playing IT/Jimmer at the same time didn't work because of defense, I don't think we can play IT/MT together either, for the same reason, never mind offense. Our defense at the point of attack is disgusting.

Don't know I'd want that selfish **** infecting our kids with his particular sense of entitlement.
Yeah there's no way a guy with multiple all star appearances and a title should feel entitled to anything! We'd be much better off without anybody like that, where we can just keep collecting young kids who play hard sometimes.

Nah for real though I might not make that trade either. Definitely wouldn't want Ray Allen either though because our record is too horrendous for him to help anything, we have too many guards, and he'd leave after the season. Seriously our season is over more or less.

You know, just like playing IT/Jimmer at the same time didn't work because of defense, I don't think we can play IT/MT together either, for the same reason, never mind offense. Our defense at the point of attack is disgusting.
It wouldn't be a big deal if we had a shotblocker and another good wing defender.

It wouldn't be a big deal if we had a shotblocker and another good wing defender.
It's never a good idea to have two below average backcourt defenders starting together. They don't just have poor fundamentals and positioning, but they're small as well. SF and a shotblocker might cover some of that, but it'd still be a problem. Playing one or the other off the bench also helps a great deal.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Glad we got to see what every single member of our team's crossovers looked like on the same possession, just for comparison's sakes I guess.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
On the plus side, if the team keeps putting up efforts like this, Keith Smart's days are numbered. On the negative side, it means that we're going to sign Alex English to a 50 year contract as head coach.

It's never a good idea to have two below average backcourt defenders starting together. They don't just have poor fundamentals and positioning, but they're small as well. SF and a shotblocker might cover some of that, but it'd still be a problem. Playing one or the other off the bench also helps a great deal.
Well yeah I've always thought that Thornton's role could kind of be what Jim Jackson's was from 2003 or what Jamal Crawford's was with the Hawks. I know everyone thinks Jimmer sucks right now, and he has a lot to get better at, but I think his skillset compliments Tyreke pretty well, and at some point I'd like to see us get a SF like Nic Batum or something and have a Jimmer/Reke/Batum/PF not on roster/Cousins. But I don't know how likely that is.

no jimmer or donte tonight, gotta love these f-ed up rotations. it really helps build chemistry when you have different players on the floor every game. oh and i love how salmons is the tallest guy on the floor for the kings right now. thats how you win games Smart, keep it up