Cousins accused of sending inappropriate picture to woman

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Apparently by the judgment of some fans, Cousins is not sick. That's what comes from having a bad reputation. He gets no breaks. The idea that the one true warrior on this team is backing away from a challenge is just amusing. What a cynical society we live in. Remind me, how many games has he missed?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Call me shallow, but my biggest concern in the whole thing is that Oden set the bar REALLY high, and we've gotten whipped by those guys enough oncourt, I don't want an embarrassing showing off court too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Should I start a poll on how long it takes before the puns, innuendos and double entendres get so bad that the thread is closed?

I really despised how Sac Fox 40 news sports guy Jim Crandell, obviously desperate for some dirt, made a big story out of this on tonights news.. and not as part of his usual sports segment.. but they jumped on it early in the broadcast and spent time on it like some huge controversy already. Such negative reporting.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
STATEMENT FROM JOHN GREIG, DeMARCUS COUSINS’ AGENT:

"Rest assured that DeMarcus Cousins has not sent any nude photos to any woman at any time. Allegations that he has and internet websites that are reporting such are erroneous. These websites should take the images claiming to be DeMarcus down and apologize. It is a sad reflection of where our culture is that someone can send and post these type of things without any accountability."

S

sactownfan

STATEMENT FROM JOHN GREIG, DeMARCUS COUSINS’ AGENT:

"Rest assured that DeMarcus Cousins has not sent any nude photos to any woman at any time. Allegations that he has and internet websites that are reporting such are erroneous. These websites should take the images claiming to be DeMarcus down and apologize. It is a sad reflection of where our culture is that someone can send and post these type of things without any accountability."
even if he did.. i don't care.. this day and age... unless theres a a charge of him being inappropriate i don't care

Don't know if it's true and I don't think it's a big deal anyways but why why why do men like to send nude pictures of themselves to females? It just seems so weird to me.
It doesn't seem weird to me, but it sure as heck seems stupid.

Since it appears to have been consensual, the woman is either 1) a slimebag; or 2) stupid I vote for #1. Completely without class or dignity. She's the one who should be most ashamed in this situation.

I agree with Brick on this. Stick to professionals for sex. If you're famous, rich or both, date very cautiously.

Ummm, I'm no lawyer - but the issue is going to be whether it came from Cousins' phone or a phone that somebody can prove Cousins' controlled.

If the text came from Cousins' phone, he's probably not going to play the, "How do you know that's my junk? I might have lots of random junk shots on my phone. Did you think of that?" card. And it's probably not a good defense anyhow.

I don't get this issue but it comes up, Oden, Ellis, George Hill, ect. This person is going to get an attorney, who will be able to prove pretty easily whether Counsins used the phone. Pretty simple.

But you are right, I don't think there will be a lineup to see if it's Cousins' junk.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ummm, I'm no lawyer - but the issue is going to be whether it came from Cousins' phone or a phone that somebody can prove Cousins' controlled.

If the text came from Cousins' phone, he's probably not going to play the, "How do you know that's my junk? I might have lots of random junk shots on my phone. Did you think of that?" card. And it's probably not a good defense anyhow.

I don't get this issue but it comes up, Oden, Ellis, George Hill, ect. This person is going to get an attorney, who will be able to prove pretty easily whether Counsins used the phone. Pretty simple.

But you are right, I don't think there will be a lineup to see if it's Cousins' junk.
Not at all that simple. As in all male/female things the he said/she said is critical. Its not illegal or actionable to send pictures of yourself to a woman. It only may be actionable if it was unsolicitied, undesired etc.

He's not going to be prosecuted. At most, it's a civil matter

If it came from a phone he controlled, and he can't knock down her claim that it was unsolicited with a epaper trail, even in a case with weak merit, he's going to give a little money to the league and pay to make this go away.

He probably can knock this down. These guys get crazy tweets and "meet" a lot of people this way. The epaper trail is probably good for him. But not something you want to put out there, so again. This person will be paid and this is going away.

You are right. They can't prove Cousins did anything wrong just because it's his phone. I'm just saying the "how do you know that's my junk" defense probably not so good.

Don't know if it's true and I don't think it's a big deal anyways but why why why do men like to send nude pictures of themselves to females? It just seems so weird to me.

Flashers used to wear trench coats and rain boots. Now they just use cell phones.

It is a cheap thrill based upon power and providing shock.

Amick brought up a huge point in Dave's show. Cuz is paranoid about his body. The whole camera man issue in Dallas was because he had a camera in the locker room when he was changing. He didn't think Cuz would send the pic.

Amick brought up a huge point in Dave's show. Cuz is paranoid about his body. The whole camera man issue in Dallas was because he had a camera in the locker room when he was changing. He didn't think Cuz would send the pic.
nothing about the pictures contradicts that. for example, his man boobs are cropped out of one. he's fully clothed in another one including an indoor beanie in sacramento weather. in the thousand dollar photo he's covering the rest of his body with a blanket.

Last edited: