Votes: 3 4.1%
  • DeMarcus Cousins

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • John Salmons

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. Where were they ever?

Look, I'm not going to name names. That comment was NOT meant to embarrass anyone and I'm not going to single them out. ALL you need to know is that some of the biggest lovers of Salmons and Hickson during the summer are now their biggest detractors. And I'm pretty sure those people do not appreciate you embellishing and belaboring an issue they have been trying to distance themselves from. If you are curious, read it for yourself.

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?42166-Your-thoughts-on-the-Kings-rebuild...

Last edited:
Look, I'm not going to name names. That comment was NOT meant to embarrass anyone and I'm not going to single them out. ALL you need to know is that some of the biggest lovers of Salmons and Hickson during the summer are now their biggest detractors. And I'm pretty sure those people do not appreciate you embellishing and belaboring an issue they have been trying to distance themselves from. If you are curious, read it for yourself.

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?42166-Your-thoughts-on-the-Kings-rebuild...
Oh, I read it. There is not one poster jocking Salmons. Not even one happy about the trade. Only positive things said was that he was a good on-ball defender and an upgrade in that regard. Not sure anyone would be detracting from that.

Sorry, but the only thing that bothers me more than claims made without good, stated evidence are those made when absolutely no evidence exists.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think some of us are just better at seeing the future than others.:) Remember all the poster on this board who claimed that Hickson is the next Al Jefferson? And the ones who said what a great trade it was to get Salmons? Where are they now? Bottom line is that a few of us can see disaster from miles away while the majority is still basking in ignorance.

Make no mistake about it, the coaching change should be just the beginning. The next step is to trade away some of the dead weight on this team. Until we actually have a "TEAM" and not a collection of individuals, I don't anticipate much improvement. I'm a big believer that the coach can only do so much.
Let me tactfully put it this way. There are some posters who's predictions I respect, because they are usually well thought out, and based on reasonable assumptions. Whether I happen to agree or not. Then there are others, who seldom do any research, and have few if any facts to backup their statements, that make blanket statements that are usually to the extreme. Perhaps I should just ignore those people, and not take them seriously. You do not fall into the latter group. I don't always agree with you, and I'm sure you don't always agree with me. But I'm sure that you know what your talking about, and not just saying things to be saying things, or saying things to get a rise out of other people.

Now this isn't to toot my own horn, but rather to protect myself from looking like an idiot. I'm talking about researching everything I'm going to post on this fourm. I spend a lot of time making sure what I post is as accurate as I can make it. And it does take time. But I know if I don't, other posters like yourself, or the Capt, Dimedropper, Bricky, Section 101, Kingster, and even my old friend Vlade, etc. will jump right in and point out the error of my ways. I intentionally left out my son and a couple of my friends because I don't want them to get big heads ;)

I should point out, and I'm sure you know, that I certainly didn't predice Hickson was going to be the next Al Jefferson, nor was I a huge fan of reaquiring Salmons. I was OK with both moves, but looked at both somewhat, as default moves. I'm still not sure how Salmons fits, other than as a defender. I'm not sure he knows either, since he looks lost on offense at times.

So far, the jury is still out on Hickson. What I've discovered so far is, his jumpshot is inconsistent. He doesn't have the best hands in the world. He's very athletic, and still young, and he's decent to good rebounder. Not sold on his defense yet. Right now, JT is a better defender as far as rotations go. Hickson seems to have the athletic ability to be a better defender than JT, but so far, he's not. He should be a better weakside defender than he is.

Oh, I read it. There is not one poster jocking Salmons. Not even one happy about the trade. Only positive things said was that he was a good on-ball defender and an upgrade in that regard. Not sure anyone would be detracting from that.

Sorry, but the only thing that bothers me more than claims made without good, stated evidence are those made when absolutely no evidence exists.

You either didn't read it or you didn't want to believe it. I'm just going to quote one poster anonymously from that tread, there are more but I'll quote just one:

Salmons is an excellent on ball defender, which is precisely what we need.
Seriously, you mean to tell me that you read the above and came away with the impression that the poster is NOT happy about the Salmons acquisiton? "Precisely what we need", you read that and thinks the poster is NOT happy?

If that's case, nothing I say can remove your blinders.

Last edited:
Let me tactfully put it this way. There are some posters who's predictions I respect, because they are usually well thought out, and based on reasonable assumptions. Whether I happen to agree or not. Then there are others, who seldom do any research, and have few if any facts to backup their statements, that make blanket statements that are usually to the extreme. Perhaps I should just ignore those people, and not take them seriously. You do not fall into the latter group. I don't always agree with you, and I'm sure you don't always agree with me. But I'm sure that you know what your talking about, and not just saying things to be saying things, or saying things to get a rise out of other people.

Now this isn't to toot my own horn, but rather to protect myself from looking like an idiot. I'm talking about researching everything I'm going to post on this fourm. I spend a lot of time making sure what I post is as accurate as I can make it. And it does take time. But I know if I don't, other posters like yourself, or the Capt, Dimedropper, Bricky, Section 101, Kingster, and even my old friend Vlade, etc. will jump right in and point out the error of my ways. I intentionally left out my son and a couple of my friends because I don't want them to get big heads ;)

I should point out, and I'm sure you know, that I certainly didn't predice Hickson was going to be the next Al Jefferson, nor was I a huge fan of reaquiring Salmons. I was OK with both moves, but looked at both somewhat, as default moves. I'm still not sure how Salmons fits, other than as a defender. I'm not sure he knows either, since he looks lost on offense at times.

So far, the jury is still out on Hickson. What I've discovered so far is, his jumpshot is inconsistent. He doesn't have the best hands in the world. He's very athletic, and still young, and he's decent to good rebounder. Not sold on his defense yet. Right now, JT is a better defender as far as rotations go. Hickson seems to have the athletic ability to be a better defender than JT, but so far, he's not. He should be a better weakside defender than he is.

Likewise, I've always respected your opinion bajaden, and I sometimes agree, sometimes not. ;)

I didn't have you in mind when I said what I said, in fact, I honestly don't remember who said what back then until I revisit the forum which I didnt intend to do until SCKingsfan prompted me to. All I recalled was that the majority thought "this" and it turns out to be the contrary.

Regarding Hickson, quitely frankly he surprises me a bit after seeing him up close and personal. His post game is underdeveloped or maybe he wasn't put in a position to maximize it but he hasn't look good in the post. He seems to be more of a face-up guy. He likes to shoot jumpers which most people knew that and he takes bad shot which is also not news. He's a better rebounder than I anticipated although his defense is as bad as advertised, unfortunately. Overall, he's not as polished offensively as I hoped, which is the surprising part. He looks like a career backup/spot starter to me, at best he's a starter on a very bad team.

Speaking of JT, no one disappoints me more than him, if only because I had such high hope. He is the constant underachiever. Maybe one of these days the light will come on but until then... I do think JT should be ahead of Hickson in the rotation, JT does the little things that doesn't show up in the box score.