[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 1/3 @5pm

this is the worst "team" i have ever seen in my 12 years of watching nba basketball. i blame coaching and front office. petrie put this team together like if he was playing nba 2k12. westphal is the worst head coach i have ever seen. no player that we have drafted in his tenure has gotten better. some have even regressed from their rookie years.

Well, if my coach didn't have any words of wisdom but to go out there and react if we were getting blown out, I'd be disinterested too.
Well said. Guys pass the ball and play some D!

Coach, how come we have had no inside presence most of the night and our SF rotation is routinely blown up by the other teams 3?

Everyone is obsessed with Jimmer, but Thomas has been far more effective in his limited minutes.
I give Jimmer a pass since:

1) I'm biased
2) He takes good shots (unfortunately they haven't been falling)
3) He at least attempts to distribute the ball and run an offense (unlike Thornton and Evans)

And I agree - IT has been great with the minutes he has been given. I'd much rather see Jimmer + IT run the offense than Evans and Thornton run - errr - do whatever it is they do. Street ball?

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I give Jimmer a pass since:

1) I'm biased
2) He takes good shots (unfortunately they haven't been falling)
3) He at least attempts to distribute the ball and run an offense (unlike Thornton and Evans)

And I agree - IT has been great with the minutes he has been given. I'd much rather see Jimmer + IT run the offense than Evans and Thornton run - errr - do whatever it is they do. Street ball?
What you call Reke and Jimmer streetball is what broke the game open on Sun. You prefer this?

Yeah, really. Why the hell did he take both Reke and Thornton out when we're down 15+?
You know how we play other teams, I'll use the Grizzlies for instance, and the other teams best play, say Rudy Gay, will have like 2 points on 3 shots going into the half. And Grant and Jerry say "well we should be worried because they will get it going at some point", and they ALWAYS do. Its the exact opposite for us. Our players never just spontaneously "get it going". Is that because we suck? Or because Westphal takes out his best players so they don't have a chance to get a rythm.

I bet you guys Westphal is intentionally playing DMC with the bench to prove a point that he's not worthy of being with the starters.

What you call Reke and Jimmer streetball is what broke the game open on Sun. You prefer this?
I assume you meant Reke and Thornton.

And... see my post a few pages back about fans giving Reke+Thornton a free pass since they will occasionally come up big offensively in a game. Even if you look at that game... they had to shoot a LOT to put up those points, and their assist-TO ratio was still nothing to brag about. When Jimmer + IT are on the floor I at least see an ATTEMPT at playing big boy, real life basketball, and not the glorifided street ball that Reke + Thornton attempt to play each night.

This is Isiah Thomas. Pass ball.... wait for ball to come back.... use speed to beat defender, miss easy layup. He only makes it when there is 5 seconds left in a quarter.
Nope. He gets to the line, plays great on ball D (and full court pressure) and pushes the pace better than anyone else on the roster, which gets us out of our set offense that blows. Jimmer can't defend my grandmother. Jimmer was brought in for his 3 point shooting ability, and believe it or not he isn't shooting well right now (.263 from 3)

If Westy is so into accountability and playing the players who deserve it, Isaiah has deserved it.

You know how we play other teams, I'll use the Grizzlies for instance, and the other teams best play, say Rudy Gay, will have like 2 points on 3 shots going into the half. And Grant and Jerry say "well we should be worried because they will get it going at some point", and they ALWAYS do. Its the exact opposite for us. Our players never just spontaneously "get it going". Is that because we suck? Or because Westphal takes out his best players so they don't have a chance to get a rythm.
They got "it going" in the 2nd quarter when they came back from 15 or so points.

yep tyreke and thornton are either off or on, there is no in between, and if they start off, they will be off the whole night.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Doesn't put players in a position to play to their strengths, or basically to succeed.