NEWS: Kings trade Casspi + first rounder for JJ Hickson

well knight would fit better then jimmer , jimmer and thorton are playing the same kind of game (creating for them selfs ) and they sure wont fit with tyreke , as i said earlier this team needs about 3 balls in order to be in order
You've said enough. You can go now.

Jimmer and Thornton are not alike. You clearly haven't watched much of Jimmer. Just because both can shoot doesn't make them the same player. Nash and Ray Allen can both shoot, but are nothing alike. And you apparently don't think good shooters fit well next to Reke. If that's the case, you really don't understand the game.

Apparently, you'd rather have Reke drive and kick to a Andre Miller type, and watch him set an NBA record for consecutive missed 3's.

its not really hard to pass 5 assists when the ball is always in your hand for 30+ minutes
and yea thorton and jimmer are both scorers who have the same type of game .

L

LWP777

So you deny that Casspi was the better player on offense between him and Greene? Yes/No? If you believe that, then either your basketball knowledge or your eye's need to be questioned. You don't like Casspi! I get that! I believe I said that both players left a lot to be desired, so I wasn't defending Casspi's flaws. What I was defending was what he said when asked about the trade, and you never addressed that.

Just what did you expect him to say???????? Put your dislike aside and apply some logic for a second.
When did Donte Greene come into the discussion? I never mentioned him. But, yes, of course Casspi is a better offensive player than Greene but that's doesn't change what I think about Casspi and his selfishness on and off the court.

Bottom line is, you tend to defend any player or anything that is Kings related. You're almost too positive, if that's possible! I need some more critical thinking from you Baja!

Well he will have to learn to deal with that, won't he?
Why would he when he could be getting way more minutes somewhere else?

Also, what really ticks me off about Casspi isn't that he complained about lack of minutes.... its that he averaged 25 mpg as a 2nd year role player and STILL COMPLAINED. Give me a break.... unless Cleveland falls in love with him and starts him every game regardless of how much he doesn't deserve to, he is going to be unhappy. Glad he is gone.

and dont let me start speaking about Paul WP
that coach is a joke and u guys like him , its like u guys are fine with loosing most of the games
and playing a ugly gamestyle , coach just lets guys play the way they want , and the way tyreke plays
is not pretty

its not really hard to pass 5 assists when the ball is always in your hand for 30+ minutes
and yea thorton and jimmer are both scorers who have the same type of game .

There are 48 minutes in a game
If each team splits possessions equally that is 24 minutes each team has possession
Let say Tyreke handles the ball 60% of the time on each possession for the full 24 minutes the Kings have the ball (this assumes he is playing the full 48 minutes of the game) that is 14.40 minutes he would have the ball.

Should I continue?

At a point last year, I think Casspi bought into team play and I think it ended up costing him playing time. He bought into an idea that wasn't there. Greene got more minutes by just looking better while being invisible, but both were pretty invisible on the floor. I don't think Casspi knew where his shots were to come from outside of those corner threes from late kickout passes.

I wish Casspi well, bu I'd hate to see him succeed in a real offense and watch Hickson's inconsistent play in meantime. (And yes, JJ was ever inconsistent and part of the reason Cleveland is shipping him out.)

IMO the reason Knight was not picked because (A) The Kings did not another 19yr old ball handler running the team. (B) GP did not trust Casspi or Greene to play the 3 so he made a deal for Salmons. As for Jimmer and Thornton they will not see much playing time in the backcourt together and their roles are distinguishably different.

that coach is a joke and u guys like him , its like u guys are fine with loosing most of the games
and playing a ugly gamestyle , coach just lets guys play the way they want , and the way tyreke plays
is not pretty
Shut up already. Nobody is a fan of Westphal. Some are content with him for a little while and that's it. And NO, Thornton and Jimmer are completely different players. Go become a Cavs fan please, and take your nonsense understanding of basketball with you.

There are 48 minutes in a game
If each team splits possessions equally that is 24 minutes each team has possession
Let say Tyreke handles the ball 60% of the time on each possession for the full 24 minutes the Kings have the ball (this assumes he is playing the full 48 minutes of the game) that is 14.40 minutes he would have the ball.

Should I continue?
same diffrence when your PG or what ever role he plays has the ball most of YOU POSSESSIONS you expect him to do more then 5 assists i am not asking for jason kidd i am just asking
for some team play

is not pretty
You not only do not understand basketball, but you also apparently don't read any threads on here, and just jump to conclusions on your own. If you think Westy hasn't been called out, and we're all feeling good about him, or that none of us have criticized Reke, you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Can you read? If you could, you'd see everything you just said is complete bullshyte.

Well until he is traded or his contract is up he still plays for the Kings. So he will play the minutes that are allotted to him. Hence the fact he will have to deal with it. He seems like a good guy, I like him, decent enough player, but he will never be a starter on a team that matters, so he can go with Casspi and play in Clevland on a team that sucks, or take a diminished roll on a team that makes the playoffs.

Oh and Casspi (the poster not the player) it's obvious you are not a fan of the Kings, but of the player you SN likens. And if you had taken then time to read some posts here, you would see that most people either don't like PW, or at the very minimum don't think he is the long term answer for coach.

L

LWP777

Also, what really ticks me off about Casspi isn't that he complained about lack of minutes.... its that he averaged 25 mpg as a 2nd year role player and STILL COMPLAINED. Give me a break.... unless Cleveland falls in love with him and starts him every game regardless of how much he doesn't deserve to, he is going to be unhappy. Glad he is gone.
Exactly.

Well until he is traded or his contract is up he still plays for the Kings. So he will play the minutes that are allotted to him. Hence the fact he will have to deal with it. He seems like a good guy, I like him, decent enough player, but he will never be a starter on a team that matters, so he can go with Casspi and play in Clevland on a team that sucks, or take a diminished roll on a team that makes the playoffs.

Oh and Casspi (the poster not the player) it's obvious you are not a fan of the Kings, but of the player you SN likens. And if you had taken then time to read some posts here, you would see that most people either don't like PW, or at the very minimum don't think he is the long term answer for coach.
i read many posts about how people are happy about the "progress " the team has made in the last month of the season. team was ****ty at the begining of the year and it will be ****ty next year and will be untill Westpaul is fired, he only succeded when he coached "pistol" and carl malone because he didnt need to do anything and thats what his good at

You not only do not understand basketball, but you also apparently don't read any threads on here, and just jump to conclusions on your own. If you think Westy hasn't been called out, and we're all feeling good about him, or that none of us have criticized Reke, you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Can you read? If you could, you'd see everything you just said is complete bullshyte.
Casspi follower, aka Kings fan turned troll. Let's just hit ignore and move on.

i read many posts about how people are happy about the "progress " the team has made in the last month of the season. team was ****ty at the begining of the year and it will be ****ty next year and will be untill Westpaul is fired, he only succeded when he coached "pistol" and carl malone because he didnt need to do anything and thats what his good at
He never coached Pistol. Idiot. People have already told you that. You don't read your responses either?

Let the door hit you on the way out. :rolleyes:

Casspi follower, aka Kings fan turned troll. Let's just hit ignore and move on.
yea to be honenst i am at the troll mode this evening
but everything i say i have been holding this entire season ,
and again to be honest i think my basketball IQ or what ever you call it here is higher then some of the guys who are dissing me
you guys just see a small part of the big picture , big picture is that the thing you call sacramento kings these days is not working and its going in a dark path

Looool

I'm assuming you are talking about Pistol Pete who is dead and has been since 1988 and was actually born three years before PW.

PW started coaching in 1992, 4 years after "Pistol" died.

and

It's Karl Malone. Whom he also did not coach.

my bad mistaken by anther team , same diffrence he coached barkley and kevin johnson (lol)
who i would give me team to in any day , he didnt do anything there and gave the players free space to do whatever they want
and again giving tyreke lead the team and do what ever he wants is fugly

At a point last year, I think Casspi bought into team play and I think it ended up costing him playing time. He bought into an idea that wasn't there. Greene got more minutes by just looking better while being invisible, but both were pretty invisible on the floor. I don't think Casspi knew where his shots were to come from outside of those corner threes from late kickout passes.

I wish Casspi well, bu I'd hate to see him succeed in a real offense and watch Hickson's inconsistent play in meantime. (And yes, JJ was ever inconsistent and part of the reason Cleveland is shipping him out.)
That's funny. If Casspi can't get on the floor because he's being too much of a team player, than that bodes ill for his future in the NBA. I don't think that's why he got nailed to the bench last season.

and again to be honest i think my basketball IQ or what ever you call it here is higher then some of the guys who are dissing me
you guys just see a small part of the big picture , big picture is that the thing you call sacramento kings these days is not working and its going in a dark path
Yet we're all still waiting for you to once, just once, reply to a post with facts or substance. Just once. One single time. You have a high basketball IQ, yet don't know the facts. Please, for all of us, just ONE TIME, show you understand the facts.

That's funny. If Casspi can't get on the floor because he's being too much of a team player, than that bodes ill for his future in the NBA. I don't think that's why he got nailed to the bench last season.
i think the reason he failed is he passes the ball to low post all the time ( last stop most of the time ) making his relations with the guards worst leading to them not passing the ball to him

i think the reason he failed is he passes the ball to low post all the time ( last stop most of the time ) making his relations with the guards worst leading to them not passing the ball to him
OMG stop, please stop. Most of people's complaints is that most of the team doesn't get the ball into the low post enough and now you're saying that Casspi passed it into the post too much? You're so lost it's not even funny anymore.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The ultimate irony is I can't think of one thing that fans here have universally praised the past 2 seasons until perhaps this move, which I'm guessing is trending somewhere in the 80% positive range, perhaps higher after the pick protection terms were disclosed.

We all really liked Casspi when he came here but his failings are his own.

Nobody sees Westphal as more than a placeholder. Every player has been open to criticism, even (no, especially) the guys deemed to be the faces of the franchise. The ownership and GM have been torn to hell and back. Fans have lost interest at various points. We haven't been a happy lot.

K

Kingsguy881

No you wouldn't. You're salivating at the thought of it so you can come back and give everyone a big 'I told you so'. And you call ME a troll? Geez bro, get a new angle, mkay?

L

LWP777

Why are we even paying attention to this idiot? Let's just put him on "ignore" and get back to the point of this thread.