Christie wants back

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/10/3614606/ailene-voisin-christie-cherishes.html

While Christie embraces the business opportunities, in his gut, in his heart, he would prefer to join the Kings as a scout or assistant coach.
He is intrigued by Tyreke Evans' size and strength, DeMarcus Cousins' passing, Marcus Thornton's offensive explosiveness. He sees potential, sees possibilities. He anticipates Geoff Petrie "putting the pieces together again.
can anyone tell Petrie to take Christie back as Kings' assistant coach.
kings's backcourt (MT、reke、Greene、Cisco、Beno、Omri) need someone
who knows winning、defense、passing、playing off ball to teach them.

Doug Christie said:
"Anything I can do to help."
It is so great to hear this from so many past players. It really speaks of the community and despite having played for other teams, their connection and love of the team. What a story will be it if the Kings former glory year players end up having a major part in keeping the Kings in Sacramento! :)

He really just wants to get away from Jackie post-retirement.

Seriously, Doug Cristie made players excited to play defense. His excitement for it made other players appreciate the craft and science of it. Inspire the kids, and then you'll get a defensive minded team.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So, bring Doug Christie back as a defensive coach, and then draft DeAndre Liggins with our second rounder? I'm down with that.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
There is absolutely no reason on gods green earth why Christie should not be an asst coach with this team. He's expressed interest before as well, and he appears to be very serious about it.

Last summer he offered to work with Reke, and Reke apparently didn't take him up on the offer. Big mistake in my opinion.

What the hell is it with young players thinking they're too good to learn from guys who were successful in this league for years? Christie wants to work with reke, and reke spends the summer with his sh**** trainer instead, and comes into camp out of shape. Webb has offered publicly to work with Cousins. If Cousins is not in the gym this summer sweating away with Webb, I'll be pissed.

Are these guys intelligent enough to look at what the greats have done and learn from them? I sure hope so. Look at Kobe, love him or hate him, I respect him, because he outworks everyone. He called Payton and worked on his defense with him. He called Magic, and worked on creating with him. He called Hakeem, and worked on his post game with him. Our guys need to quit working with these damn high school trainers and start realizing what works and what doesn't.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1 rule Doug -- if you are going to be an assitant coach, no sticking your arm up in the air every 30 seconds to signal your psychotic wife you still love her. And I don't ever, EVER want to see anything like this pop up around the arena:

1 rule Doug -- if you are going to be an assitant coach, no sticking your arm up in the air every 30 seconds to signal your psychotic wife you still love her. And I don't ever, EVER want to see anything like this pop up around the arena:
I've always liked Doug Christie a lot - one of my all-time fave Kings but... his looney wife might be bit too much in a Sacramento reprise. Seeing the former Governator and Maria just seperated - maybe we can only hope. Not really, but who wants all the crazy drama she and he together spew out in endless silly little personal scenes.

Having Christie as an assistant coach would be phenominal. I loved the way he played the game, and would be very happy if the Kings organization allowed him to have a role to help make our players better.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Maybe he'll come cheap. It should be good business to at least chat with a guy who WANTS to be with the Kings. Jackie won't be coaching and I wouldn't let the peculiarity of their relationship, which I suspect is a lot more solid than the average relationship, effect my decision as to whether to hire him or not.

The more ex-Kings that still want to be a part of this organization the better. Well, except for a few. :)

gunks

Hall of Famer
Having Christie as an assistant coach would be phenominal. I loved the way he played the game, and would be very happy if the Kings organization allowed him to have a role to help make our players better.
+1

I was always a huge fan of Christie back in the day. He could bring some D to this team.

Next step would be to bring back Vlade, so that he could give Cuz lessons on how to flop properly as an NBA bigman.

What better way to help the young players than to bring DC in as a special assistant or whatever label they want to give him. DC teaching D would be valuable for this young team. The organization would earn some PR points, too. Go Kings!

He needs to divorce his wife first. That is by far one of the creepiest couples known to man kind.
If they're happy together and the kids are happy ...what's the problem? Better that than a divorced couple with kids imo.

I'm all for Doug Christie being back...I know he can teach something to our young players.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It's an obsessive relationship. That is not healthy.
I'm not entirely sure you're in the best position to make judgments about what is best for Doug Christie's life.

I'd love to have Christie back as a defensive coach. It's funny, from some of the things he said at the rally (I don't recall the exact words, but something like "I'm really excited to be coming back") I wondered if there hadn't been an announcement I had just missed that he was being hired back on.