Webber doing all he can to keep team in Sacramento

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How would the NBA feel about the Serbian government buying a stake in the team. Sacramento does have some friends in high places.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
For those who didn't see it, here is Webb's Clip from TNT:

YouTube Link

(Looked like Reina tried to link it but it didn't work.)

I think the most amazing thing that nobody has mentioned so far is Barkley - "You gonna buy the team, I'll give you 10, 15 million." This coming from a guy we have loved to hate, and a guy who always seemed to disrespect us. If Barkley is willing to join up with Webb to the tune of $10-15M (on what would obviously be an investment, not a giveaway) how much more NBA money can the affable Webber get together? A lot, I'm sure.

Lots of small chances coming at us one after another, it seems. Fingers crossed.

Barkley was on with Grant yesterday and he said he has never hated Sac that was just him joking around. He said he loves Sacramento and always has. He also said it would be a travesty if the kings lefts cause we have some of the best fans in the NBA.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...ings-in-front-of-nba-20110412,0,6408687.story

Late Tuesday night former Kings star Chris Webber, appearing on the NBA show on TNT, said he is working with a group trying to assure the Kings stay in Sacramento. FOX40 News learned earlier Tuesday Webber had been approached by a group of investors which is close to formalizing a plan to build a new arena in Natomas, a plan they think can keep the Kings in Sacramento

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...ings-in-front-of-nba-20110412,0,6408687.story

Late Tuesday night former Kings star Chris Webber, appearing on the NBA show on TNT, said he is working with a group trying to assure the Kings stay in Sacramento. FOX40 News learned earlier Tuesday Webber had been approached by a group of investors which is close to formalizing a plan to build a new arena in Natomas, a plan they think can keep the Kings in Sacramento
I'm excited again. Wonder if this will be brought up at the BOG's meeting.

Holy ****!!!!!!

What are the chances its the same Natomas group who didn't succeed when the four groups presented their plans awhile back? I'd love to get excited, but is this just another plan with no funding?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Win lose or draw on this, you all now have my offical permission to just pop anybody in the nose who still talks smack about Webb around Sacramento. This is just above and beyond. I don't even know how you could go about thanking him enough if he actually managed to save the team. Maybe KJ could give him the key to the city or some such.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm excited again. Wonder if this will be brought up at the BOG's meeting.
Has to be. I would like to reiterate one more time that KJ and Webb are major NBA insiders. Its not a small city politician going into a NBA sharktank. These guys know everybody there and have been major figures in the league.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This is great news and shows what will happen if the gun is held to the head. The gun is there and the finger is squeezing. The fear is that it is too late. I'm sure we all fear that.

We can't dream small. Gotta aim high 'cause that's where the money is. That's where the REAL influence is. We've done our jobs as fans. Nobody can question our devotion. Gotta get the big people moving.

There is no such thing as over shooting. Anybody can be approached whether it's the owners themselves to try to sway their vote or ex-players. Nobody HERE should feel that their voice does not count and that these people will not listen. Heck, write to Phil Jackson and Buss. Everybody who is a fan counts because without us, a whole lot of people are out of a job. :)

Anyway I still want people to write. A couple words. To ANYBODY that matters. I doubt that present players can do anything but the retired guys can. CWebb has a bigger voice than any of us but we still have a voice. This is not time to go silent. Perhaps Vlade has more money than Serbia. I don't know how to contact him.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Wow. I don't know what to say really. That Chris is doing anything at all to help keep the team in Sacramento already gives me hope. Whatever happens in the end, we have a lot to feel proud about these past couple of months. No stone has been left unturned. Hearing what Kenny, Charles, and Webber had to say there on TNT -- I kindof feel like the NBA needs Sacramento more than Sacramento needs the NBA.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I am sure he is well aware of the situation.
And .........

I doubt if he knows how you or I feel. I hope you aren't saying that we should just assume something. I would assume an area this size could keep a pro basketball team.

Turns out a lot of people are working at it 'cause it just hasn't been going in the right direction. Maybe we have let our self be deluded that someone else is going to take care of our problem. I may be misinterpreting what you are saying but to me it seems like you think we shouldn't write to Vlade. What's to lose?

That's our boy right there!

Go C-Webb!

If he pulls this off the least that we as fans can do is thank him with an ad in the Bee! Go you good thing!