Webber doing all he can to keep team in Sacramento

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Not sure if anyone else just saw this on inside the nba, but Webber said he's doing all he can to keep the team here. Wouldn't go into specifics, because he said he can't, but he said he has a group together that is doing all they can behind the scenes. Appeared a little emotional too.

Not sure what this means, but our most recognizable player is apparently working on this, and I'm guessing other players might be involved. First I had heard of this.

Thought I'd pass that on.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else just saw this on inside the nba, but Webber said he's doing all he can to keep the team here. Wouldn't go into specifics, because he said he can't, but he said he has a group together that is doing all they can behind the scenes. Appeared a little emotional too.

Thought I'd pass that on.
Thanks for posting this.

It may and probably will amount to nothing, but its just great to hear that we have people on our side, especially someone who meant so much to this city. This is a man who did not want to come to Sacramento, and now he join's our fight to keep the team here.

Just when I thought I couldn't love him more! :)

Thanks for posting this.

It may and probably will amount to nothing, but its just great to hear that we have people on our side, especially someone who meant so much to this city. This is a man who did not want to come to Sacramento, and now he join's our fight to keep the team here.

Just when I thought I couldn't love him more! :)
He just wanted some good soul food! ;)

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "the boat may sail, I don't know, but if it does, I have people waiting on the docks ready to throw ropes at the boat and pull it back".

I can only hope that the second part of my user icon could be replaced with CWebb cutting a ribbon to a new Sacramento arena.

Seems like all Charles wants to do is get his boys' backs. First he said he felt sorry for Westphal because he had to deal with such a crappy team to doesn't like to listen. And now he says he's disappointed in the maloofs because they supposedly won't work his boy KJ. No mention of the arena crisis and no mention of how the city has failed it's citizens and rapid fan base.

Look, I've always lived in LA and have been a kings fan since 99. The way the team played caught my eye at first and I was hooked. Then the fans up there made being a fan even more special even though I've never been up there for a game. Essentially if they come down here to Anaheim it'll be easier for me to watch games live or on TV. But the closer it gets to happening and just seeing what CWebb had to say right now, I'd have to say it got me a little choked up. You guys don't deserve to lose your team. Damn them city officials. Damn them to hell.

I've been a Kings fan for 26 years. I've seen a lot of players come and go. But I've only had two jerseys in that entire time - Webber #4 and Theus #24. I only have Webber's left hanging in my closet where it's been for a number of years now. I think I might just pull it out and wear it tomorrow.

He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "the boat may sail, I don't know, but if it does, I have people waiting on the docks ready to throw ropes at the boat and pull it back".
Not sure what Webb has in store as far as a fight...potential arena team...who the hell knows...but I love this man for loving us and caring! Thank you Chris! He's trying to be our Mario Lemiuex...hope it's the same outcome too!!

From @CarmichaelDave

Here's what I can say: I became aware earlier today that Webb was becoming involved in the efforts to save the Sacramento Kings. #HereWeSit

I CAN say that it starts with purchasing and restructuring the 77 mil city loan. That's where it will START.

People. All I can do is ask you to have faith. Show that you care tomorrow with #HereWeSit . Privately, there are things being attempted.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
From @CarmichaelDave

Here's what I can say: I became aware earlier today that Webb was becoming involved in the efforts to save the Sacramento Kings. #HereWeSit

I CAN say that it starts with purchasing and restructuring the 77 mil city loan. That's where it will START.

People. All I can do is ask you to have faith. Show that you care tomorrow with #HereWeSit . Privately, there are things being attempted.
All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. But I love hearing this.

Seems like all Charles wants to do is get his boys' backs. First he said he felt sorry for Westphal because he had to deal with such a crappy team to doesn't like to listen. And now he says he's disappointed in the maloofs because they supposedly won't work his boy KJ. No mention of the arena crisis and no mention of how the city has failed it's citizens and rapid fan base.

Look, I've always lived in LA and have been a kings fan since 99. The way the team played caught my eye at first and I was hooked. Then the fans up there made being a fan even more special even though I've never been up there for a game. Essentially if they come down here to Anaheim it'll be easier for me to watch games live or on TV. But the closer it gets to happening and just seeing what CWebb had to say right now, I'd have to say it got me a little choked up. You guys don't deserve to lose your team. Damn them city officials. Damn them to hell.
If they do move to Anaheim, you won't get the Sacramento Kings. It will be a whole new identity with a clean slate. The Sacramento history and unique experience stays here. They will probably hang Kings jerseys from the rafters, but it's a hollow thing that means nothing. You won't have the G-man on radio, you won't have Grant and Jerry on TV, the players will be former Kings, but not those special players like Webber, Divac, J-Will, etc. I hope if we do lose the Maloofs and their Royals team, somehow the Sacramento Kings will be back again some day.

We're putting up one helluva fight. Regardless of the outcome, what we've achieved so far is amazing... and shows just what a group of people with a mindset can accomplish. Beautiful.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
From @CarmichaelDave

Is C-Webb going to... buy the Palms?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We're putting up one helluva fight. Regardless of the outcome, what we've achieved so far is amazing... and shows just what a group of people with a mindset can accomplish. Beautiful.

We've eclipsed Save our Sonics and are rapidly approaching something new. "You've Gotta Believe" Indeed

From @CarmichaelDave

And this is only the START?!? Holy s#*%!!! C-Webb if you pull off this miracle...wow...words couldn't express!!! We would be indebted to you forever!!!

Kenny Smith " You were on the great team, I was on the terrible team. But the difference was? Nothing. They were sold out, the community loved you. The community supported you. And they were there"

:D

SAVE OUR KINGS!!!