Here We Build

JMG

Prospect
CD just said something on air about Comcast now wanting help out with the campaign and possibly do something to sweeten the tv deal here. I guess some other interesting things/ideas were brought up as well. Sorry, my buddy was listening and just told me so I don't have a ton of specifics since I didn't hear it myself.

Comcast has reportedly been in touch with Taylor/ICON and the City Council. Rumor has it that it included a new cable deal and Naming rights for a new Arena.

I hope the rumor is true and we get more details about this. Fingers and toes crossed!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Comcast has reportedly been in touch with Taylor/ICON and the City Council. Rumor has it that it included a new cable deal and Naming rights for a new Arena.

I hope the rumor is true and we get more details about this. Fingers and toes crossed!
This would make sense. Comcast has a lot, a lot, a lot to lose if the Kings move. A TV deal and naming rights (to presumably supersede Power Balance) would go a long way towards keeping the team in town. Probably not all the way, but we can hope.

They are going to have to establish a trust account and should hire some third-party, bonded fiduciary. It could be set up, so that if the plan does not work out, people can have their donation refunded.

I pledged $500, but if they really get this going I could donate more in a couple of months time.

They are going to have to establish a trust account and should hire some third-party, bonded fiduciary. It could be set up, so that if the plan does not work out, people can have their donation refunded.

I pledged $500, but if they really get this going I could donate more in a couple of months time.
I got my pledge in as well.. If I think this can actually take off then of course I will put in a lot more. I would have no problem offering my season ticket fund for a year towards building an arena.

As long as I can get season tickets when the arena opens :) I am sure there will be more than 900 or so that Anaheim has on their list. I would imagine we would have approx 10-13k season tickets easy in the first year even if the team is bad.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm afraid to sound like a Debbie Downer but they way thiis movement is going, I have pledged $10 for a vague idea. The idea has never been spelled out and won't be spelled out until a critical mass of money is pledged. Perhaps there is no other way of doing it but I kinda doubt it.

I have a huge number of questions. Done right, I'd donate $1000. If given part ownership in a group that is a part owner (did you follow that because I'm not trying to be witty) I might put in $10,000. I am not rich but I would bet $1 that many people would feel in a similar way.

I wrote to Carmichael Dave and apparently didn't say the magic words. I wanted to know if there was any more specific plan in place. He simply responded with "I don't know what you are talking about" kind of answer. I hope somebody knows what they are talking about or this is a huge hoax played on the fans and I'm tired of disappointment.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I got my pledge in as well.. If I think this can actually take off then of course I will put in a lot more. I would have no problem offering my season ticket fund for a year towards building an arena.

As long as I can get season tickets when the arena opens :) I am sure there will be more than 900 or so that Anaheim has on their list. I would imagine we would have approx 10-13k season tickets easy in the first year even if the team is bad.
Yoiu can bet that a new arena would sell out as it would also probably coincide with the rebirth of the Kings. This is old data but typically when a new arena is built, there is a very significant increase in ticket costs. I doubt if anyone in this AREA would mind.

Yoiu can bet that a new arena would sell out as it would also probably coincide with the rebirth of the Kings. This is old data but typically when a new arena is built, there is a very significant increase in ticket costs. I doubt if anyone in this AREA would mind.
Yah I wouldn't at all.. Like I said though, if I could get on the list to get a good seat for my season tickets I would be willing to give the Arena fund whatever the total for next seasons season ticket prices will be. I had planned on getting them next year after taking a couple years off from being a season ticket holder because of finances. I would be willing to catch 15-20 games in person in random seats instead of the 41 I was planning if the arena could be built.

I think in the end the people are going to have to get it done though since nobody with any power wants to just DO IT. It's quite annoying that we can get this grass roots thing going and the friggin city drags their feet for 10 years. I don't even want to be a part "owner" either. I don't care.. I just want the Kings here and am willing to spend 1000s of dollars to keep them here as well as countless more 1000s to watch them when they stay, as well as my whole family pretty much. Between all of us (my family) we must have spent $100,000 on anything Kings since the Maloofs have taken over.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Apparently comcast has talked to Maloofs, KJ, and ICON/Taylor about being involved in keeping Kings. Didn't see the story on fox40, because I don't live in Sac, but this will only help. Also heard rumors about comcast being involved naming rights. Don't know how that would play out.

Apparently comcast has talked to Maloofs, KJ, and ICON/Taylor about being involved in keeping Kings. Didn't see the story on fox40, because I don't live in Sac, but this will only help. Also heard rumors about comcast being involved naming rights. Don't know how that would play out.
Isn't comcast in SoCal too? Or do you all use a different cable provider? It's pretty intrenched up here as the main cable provider. Comcase has even gone into the most rural of areas between Elk Grove, and Galt now. My parents have cable internet (they still use DirecTv for television) and they live off of Grantline Road way out in the middle of nowhere. I hope Comcast gives them a good deal so the Maloofs got something to think about up here.

You can say this for sure, Sacramento, the people in Sacramento, and many companies are not going down without a fight. In the end I am not sure if any of this will help, but all the peopel that want the Kings to stay in Sac has come out of the woodwork and it can't hurt!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Isn't comcast in SoCal too? Or do you all use a different cable provider? It's pretty intrenched up here as the main cable provider. Comcase has even gone into the most rural of areas between Elk Grove, and Galt now. My parents have cable internet (they still use DirecTv for television) and they live off of Grantline Road way out in the middle of nowhere. I hope Comcast gives them a good deal so the Maloofs got something to think about up here.
I'm actually in the bay area, and here comcast if not #1, is a close 2nd. I see Koz down here all the time on CSN, Don't get any Kings coverage though, only warriors.

I do believe that comcst has a huge interest in keeping the Kings in Sac though. They would lose a lot if the Kings were to leave.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's positive. Could be another angle to encourage the Kings to stay put. Between ICON/Taylor, Comcast, Here We Build, tonight's rally, the lukewarm interest in the OC for the Kings, and the possible $150 million to $200 million to move, should have the brothers Maloof thinking?????????
The Maloofs and "thinking" should rarely be used in the same sentence

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Cool...I will definitely put in some $$, it's mainly to keep the Kings but one can also view it as $$ to improve the city.
Here's my problem: all I know is that in some way pledges will build an arena. Is this an arena with the Kings or the pie in the sky idea that the city should have an arena without an anchor tenant. Why should I donate much less some one from New York. Why should I benefit the City of Sacramento?

What has been raised sounds nice but it is nothing. Without a more substantial plan, people with money who actually can make a difference are going to sit on the side lines.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
You can say this for sure, Sacramento, the people in Sacramento, and many companies are not going down without a fight. In the end I am not sure if any of this will help, but all the peopel that want the Kings to stay in Sac has come out of the woodwork and it can't hurt!
What if I want it in Carmichael? There is a huge hole in this plan. 75% of the season ticket holders are NOT from Sacramento.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the pledge amount is up to now? Also, anyone know where I can make a pledge? I can't afford much but i was thinking about pledging a little just to pitch in something.

Anyone know what the pledge amount is up to now? Also, anyone know where I can make a pledge? I can't afford much but i was thinking about pledging a little just to pitch in something.

It's nearly $550,000 as of this morning. Pledges can be made via twitter and facebook...just search for "Here We Build." You can also visit herewebuild.com for more information.

It's nearly $550,000 as of this morning. Pledges can be made via twitter and facebook...just search for "Here We Build." You can also visit herewebuild.com for more information.
Thanks. I pledged 40$. It isn't much but every bit counts. If this keeps picking up momentum i may pledge more in the future.

I wonder if anyone has contacted any former or current Kings players about donating/pledging to this. They could contribute a lot more than your average Joe Schmoe fan can and if news got out that they were involved it would surely help the whole movement pick up momentum.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I wonder if anyone has contacted any former or current Kings players about donating/pledging to this. They could contribute a lot more than your average Joe Schmoe fan can and if news got out that they were involved it would surely help the whole movement pick up momentum.
Sounds like a job for KJ.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Maybe you could bring it to his office's attention, Glenn, since you've already had communications with them.
I have 2nd thoughts about the idea. Not sure this should be anything the city should be involved in. At the rally, many ideas were brought up and most seemed to take it out of the City's hands and try to make the idea more inclusive of the area or keep it private. Anyone can contact an ex-player if they know what to say. I can't see people donating whatever the goal is but I can see them investing. BTW, what is the monetary goal? Does anyone know?

I'm writing to NBA owners. That's enough.

My question to you is why don't you do it?