[Game] Preseason Game 6: Clippers Vs. Kings

gunks

Hall of Famer
I kind of was and kind of wasn't. 50/50 on it, I did want to see him play some more against our bigs just so they can get a feel of how he is going to play against tem and what not, on the other hand it would be an embarrassing effort on their part attempting to box him out and not have him dunk on our faces atleast twice.
Well...At least Griffin seems to do that to every team he plays against, not just ours. Dude is crazy beastly. Seeing as how we've never really had a bitter rivalry with the Clips, I can say I'm happy for the fans...It has gotta be tough to root for "The Other" LA team. Its going to make me laugh to see all the bandwagoners jump ship down here in SoCal when the Clippers are better than the Lakers in 3 or 4 seasons.

Also, Omri is sick. I can see him coming off the bench for the duration of the season but averaging around 6mpg more than Greene.

Haven't seen any of the preseason except for this game but Casspi was really smooth. He may not start but if he plays like this regularly I don't think PW will have much of a choice but to give him big minutes. It was nice to see. It was also nice to see Tyreke come up big after not doing anything at the start to have a big impact on the game. He didn't play well overall, but he still had a positive impact for us.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well...At least Griffin seems to do that to every team he plays against, not just ours. Dude is crazy beastly. Seeing as how we've never really had a bitter rivalry with the Clips, I can say I'm happy for the fans...It has gotta be tough to root for "The Other" LA team. Its going to make me laugh to see all the bandwagoners jump ship down here in SoCal when the Clippers are better than the Lakers in 3 or 4 seasons.

Also, Omri is sick. I can see him coming off the bench for the duration of the season but averaging around 6mpg more than Greene.
He might do that to other teams as well, but I'm sure we are the obvious suspect of getting raped by him 4 times a year which hopefully DOES NOT happen! Contain him and make him shoot jumpshots, not dunk and drive. I don't know about the Clipps being better than the Lakers in 3-4 years, even if Kobe retires, I am sure Mitch Kupchik (However you spell his last name) will keep that team always competitive and agressively pursue another superstar player, because that organization can just do teams dirty like that.

I don't mind Omri coming off the bench either, even if he is playing better than Donte. As long as in the end the better player finishes the game for us and it seems Casspi is heading steadily into that direction and not looking back. It's just consistency and we will get a taste of that next week.

Man Casspi got that fire and eager to proove doubters wrong when he comes off the bench... sometimes it's annoying as hell cause he be missing all his shots etc, but most of the times that fire translated in good positive energy boost to the whole side.

Coach W can't backdown and keep him as a 6th man type for the rest of the season.. it's like his feul(spelling?), he does the basics then cause he knows he needs to earn what he gets, and doesn't loose his head like he does when he has confidence and backing from the coach that he's a starter.. cause when he does he tries things he simply can't do.

Man Casspi got that fire and eager to proove doubters wrong when he comes off the bench... sometimes it's annoying as hell cause he be missing all his shots etc, but most of the times that fire translated in good positive energy boost to the whole side.

Coach W can't backdown and keep him as a 6th man type for the rest of the season.. it's like his feul(spelling?), he does the basics then cause he knows he needs to earn what he gets, and doesn't loose his head like he does when he has confidence and backing from the coach that he's a starter.. cause when he does he tries things he simply can't do.
Ideally you'd like Casspi to know that he is good enough to be a starter, but that we play him off the bench for the sake of the team, ala-Manu. If he's truly a team player and wants the best for the team, he'll understand his role as the leader of the second unit and know that he'll probably be on the floor at the end of the game when it matters. A good player shouldn't need to actually be the starter to play well.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ideally you'd like Casspi to know that he is good enough to be a starter, but that we play him off the bench for the sake of the team, ala-Manu. If he's truly a team player and wants the best for the team, he'll understand his role as the leader of the second unit and know that he'll probably be on the floor at the end of the game when it matters. A good player shouldn't need to actually be the starter to play well.
I don't think the question is whether Casspi will be OK as the sixth man off the bench. I think he's proved he's more than capable. The bigger question is whether Greene can do whats required to remain the starter, and that has nothing to do with Casspi. You could keep Casspi as the sixth man and have Cisco start at SF. Or you could give Wright a shot.

I'm by no means calling for Greene to be benched. Its way too early for that. But at some point he has to start playing with some fire in his belly and quit disappearing in games. He needs to become an important piece of the puzzle.

Casspi's biggest fault, is that sometimes he trys to do too much. Greene's biggest fault, is that too often, he trys to do too little.

If Casspi fault is that sometimes he try too much thats not a problem cause if not try you wont sucsess tyrike koby even MJ not stop trying till the sucsess I think casspi must sometimes (not all the time) to try something new thats the way he will be a better player.
My poit is I prefer a player thats try and with a lot an ambition than a player thats try to do to little...

I don't think the question is whether Casspi will be OK as the sixth man off the bench. I think he's proved he's more than capable. The bigger question is whether Greene can do whats required to remain the starter, and that has nothing to do with Casspi. You could keep Casspi as the sixth man and have Cisco start at SF. Or you could give Wright a shot.

I'm by no means calling for Greene to be benched. Its way too early for that. But at some point he has to start playing with some fire in his belly and quit disappearing in games. He needs to become an important piece of the puzzle.

Casspi's biggest fault, is that sometimes he trys to do too much. Greene's biggest fault, is that too often, he trys to do too little.
good point.

I went to the game and was sitting in the bleachers. I was the only one with a Reke jersey which was awesome. A few people said nice jersey and only a couple said to take it off or something like that. I got a video of the winning basket, but the teams look like ants, haha

Had this been vs the lakers, I'm pretty sure I would've had to fight my way out to make it out alive.