• Donte + Cousins combining for 12/36

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Continued crummy guard play

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Spike being allowed to do a game write-up

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That may have been the worst half of basketball that I have ever seen next to the layup line that the Raptors pulled on teh Nets earlier this year.

ONE of my biggest issues is where we are giving Cousins the ball.

He is setting the pick and popping out every time. Set the pick and Roll, or have someone else set the pick.

We give the ball to Cousins at the 3pt line and everyone stands around. We need to give him the ball in the post or he's not going there.

This is looking more like a coaching thing to me.... offense is stale and not adapting. Bulls are not as good as we are just plain sucking...

Our bigs are scared to death of fouling on defense, and nobody is moving without the ball on offense... TURRRIBLE...

He is setting the pick and popping out every time. Set the pick and Roll, or have someone else set the pick.

We give the ball to Cousins at the 3pt line and everyone stands around. We need to give him the ball in the post or he's not going there.
Yup, I noticed the same thing...hence his frustration

yeah running too much of that high pick and roll...just give it to cousins in the post, wait for Chicago to double team and throw it out for an open shot.

Thats more of the coaching, Its not just once iv seen him do that, i guess they want him to get comfortable outside.

Which i may say is a terrible idea , Cousins should be posting up and thats all.

Whiteside handles is bad bad bad though, he'll need to work on that asap if he wants minutes he got like 4 turnovers or something... he's playing the best on our team tho with RT...

THis is the time to experiment. I honestly think they are just trying to tire cousins out... I would too.... he needs to learn the hard way that not working out and lifting weights in this league is a recipe to get owned in the NBA. No matter your talents.

He needs to see what this league is about and it looks like he is.... and these are D-Leaguers. He has a few months to get himself in the best shape of his life or this will be a nightly thing... This is where the risk reward gamble goes. The kid has a solid frame to build on and incredible talent. But his body is very under developed. He lacks endurance and lower body strength.

Thats more of the coaching, Its not just once iv seen him do that, i guess they want him to get comfortable outside.

Which i may say is a terrible idea , Cousins should be posting up and thats all.
I think Elie knows that...could it be he just wants to see how he works in running the high post? I think in the VSL that more so than anywhere else other than training camp, you get to see how players work through their weaknesses, and its pretty apparent that Cousins should be in the low post 98% of the time, especially while running the half court offense primarily. I think the coaches will take this film and study it before training camp and see what can be done, if anything, to help DMC's game in this way so he isnt so excluded and foreign in running the high post offense.