Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Spike being allowed to do a game write-up

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Woo! It's officially "Mateen time!" I'll do my best, like his 4/17/02 game where he lit up the Lakers for a season high 13 pts on 6/13 shooting. After this, I'll quietly go back to waving my towel.

Back to the game vs. the Raptors. I have been nonplussed by the Kings' guard play - The Raptors were driving and running with reckless abandon, although DeRozan matching up against anyone we put out to guard seemed pretty much a mismatch. Where did they get these guys, and how did Petrie not think about picking up Jeremy Lin?

My WTD (D instead of F because it's a family site) moment of the game:

Cousins going from DMC to DMZ.
(Look it up, people. I'm droppin' some knowledge on ya.)
Who fouls out of a summer league game? Although, he may officially have the only recorded triple-double in SL history with 16 pts, 12 rebounds, and 10 fouls.

================================================== ===

On to the Baby Bulls:
No one of note is on their Summer League team. Seriously. Taj Gibson isn't playing, Joe Alexander is on the roster and leading the team in DNPs.
John Lucas v3.0 has done most of the scoring over the past two games (15 and 25 pts, respectively). Given our guard play, he'll probably get 20 (subtracting 6 after three blocked shots from Whiteside.)
I guess James Johnson is OK, but he's busy starring in:

Breakin' 3: We Need A New Arena

================================================== ====

Here's what I'll be looking for in Game 5:

• DMC taking it to the hole!
  • Our guards doing something of note.
  • Casspi pulling his head out of his asspi and playing some team ball. You've gotta move the ball if you want to score. Take your shots within the flow of the game. The points will come.
  • Donte connecting on more of his shots. C'mon, man.
  • And finally:
hassanchopi.jpg
(Kudos if you can figure this one out - that means your at least as old as I am.)
Go Kings!

Last edited by a moderator:
here's what i'll be looking for in game 5:

• dmc taking it to the hole!
  • our guards doing something of note.
  • casspi pulling his head out of his asspi and playing some team ball. You've gotta move the ball if you want to score. Take your shots within the flow of the game. The points will come.
  • donte connecting on more of his shots. C'mon, man.
  • and finally:
View attachment 3537
(kudos if you can figure this one out - that means your at least as old as i am.)
go kings!
hassan chop!

The guys already look tired on the first of a triple header, esp Demarcus. Hopefully they rest their legs as much as possible.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I was just thinking during the Raptors games that Whiteside's blocks should be referred to as "HASSAN... CHOP~!"
Clearly someone in the Sacramento area needs to make this sign and take it to every game. I can imagine Arco's finest screaming in unison after every block.

Someone fouled out of the knicks pistons game last night; I'm not sure its all that rare.

He really could have avoided at least 3 of them late fouls. At least 2 were just pointless reach ins when going for boards.

Let hassan scrap for them! We need you at the offensive end!

I just hope that this is a good game tonight. I know it's just summer league, and I have to keep reminding myself of this fact. I am just SOOOO READY for this season to start!!!

I was just thinking during the Raptors games that Whiteside's blocks should be referred to as "HASSAN... CHOP~!"
HAHAHA!!
Urban Dictionary has it as:
1. Hassan chop!
I am about to kick your *** six ways from Saturday. Etymology: from the Warner Bros. cartoon character Hassan, a generic Middle Eastern grunt constantly about to cleave Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck in twain.
You dared drink my last apple beer?! HASSAAAAAN CHOP!

Nice job on write-up Spike haha...

I look for DMC to take what he learned in the last game (shooting vs. paint work) and come out with a nasty game hopefully something like 40/20/5ast/5stl/5blk .. YAH!