Sportsline Grades

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13555767?tag=pageRow;pageContainer
On Cousins:
Analysis: Big trouble. Tyreke Evans and the Kings' four clydesdales: Impressive in the clubs, lottery-bound (again) on the court. D

On Whiteside:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
Analysis: First-round talent who performed poorly in postseason interviews. Not the ideal carpool partner for earlier selection Cousins. D

Personally, I can't see how you can come to that bad of a conclusion unless you have some sort of agenda.

Why give this idiot any extra web clicks? Just ignore him.

He gives out a majority of horrible grades on purpose, to pee off people so his article gets more hits.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Well, it's a shame whoever got paid to write this knows so little about our teams, and its needs. I don't need confirmation from a so called "journalist" who rarely watches our team play,on what I , and many others here see on a nightly basis during the season.

This, IMO, was the best draft in Sacramento history. Maybe not on collective talent, but in terms of filling our biggest needs beyond expectation. We cam out like bandits in this draft. Only thing I got from this article was that whoever wrote it is an idiot.

If you hate Cousins, you won't like our draft. If you're a fan of Cousins, you're ecstatic he fell to us, and Whiteside could be just as big of a steal given where he was picked. Wouldn't be surprised if Bilas wrote this article. He's held a grudge against Cousins for a while now.

Well, it's a shame whoever got paid to write this knows so little about our teams, and its needs. I don't need confirmation from a so called "journalist" who rarely watches our team play,on what I , and many others here see on a nightly basis during the season.

This, IMO, was the best draft in Sacramento history. Maybe not on collective talent, but in terms of filling our biggest needs beyond expectation. We cam out like bandits in this draft. Only thing I got from this article was that whoever wrote it is an idiot.

If you hate Cousins, you won't like our draft. If you're a fan of Cousins, you're ecstatic he fell to us, and Whiteside could be just as big of a steal given where he was picked. Wouldn't be surprised if Bilas wrote this article. He's held a grudge against Cousins for a while now.
^ this.

Thats why I try to bring some optimism to this board, there are always people out there that are to busy hating and being jealous that they can't see how good of a draft we really had. Don't let them put a damper on your excitement.

This is exactly what I think. Best convergence of need and talent on an absolutely crucial time in our team's history.

CBS Sports gave Tyreke Evans a D or an F last year and Casspi an F for sure. I still remember the person saying the Kings would rue the day they passed on Rubio. :D

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11888745

Tyreke Evans, PG/SG, Memphis

Analysis: Francisco Garcia, Quincy Douby, Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson the last four years ... Addition of Memphis tweener one for the thumb -- a thumb's down.

Sacramento Kings select: Omri Casspi, SF, Maccabi Tel Aviv

Analysis: Two uninspired choices put franchise in pole position in race for No. 1 pick next June ... Perhaps hoping point guard of future -- Patty Mills from nearby St. Mary's College -- slips to second round.

there you go. this can only be good for Cousins and Whiteside. what an epic fail.

Analysis: Francisco Garcia, Quincy Douby, Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson the last four years ... Addition of Memphis tweener one for the thumb -- a thumb's down.

Analysis: Two uninspired choices put franchise in pole position in race for No. 1 pick next June ... Perhaps hoping point guard of future -- Patty Mills from nearby St. Mary's College -- slips to second round.

there you go. this can only be good for Cousins and Whiteside. what an epic fail.
Haha he gave us a D and Rubio pick a A , good research.:D

AAAaaaaaaaaahahahaha...very nice.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
What's so jarring isn't only that this guy is so clueless, but that so mqany other natinal commentators DO recognize what has gone on these last tow drafts. And then you have this guy bumbling around in the dark.

We're just coming out of a recession, I am sure there are a lot of unemployed peeps who could do a better job of this than you dude. Why don't you step aside and let somebody competent have a go.

I can understand not believing in Cousins, but I can't understand how people can think he wasn't the best pick at 5. It seems they just want to take the opportunity to show how miffed they are about his personality.

Hey guys I found one:).
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/24/2010-nba-draft-grades/
Go down to kings!
ok ok, I will quote :eek:

Sacramento Kings: I may be biased, but umm ... Kentucky center DeMarcus Cousins at No. 5 and Marshall center Hassan Whiteside at No. 33? Fifteen feet of wingspan for the price of their naturally allotted picks. What remarkable luck to get two high-upside players at these spots. Final Grade: A++++++ Would draft again!!!
Of course this is Tom Ziller:D

lol!! In that case I'd be worried if they gave us a good grade....

Good, I say. Let uninformed people like this jump to conlcusions with no facts. It will make the chip on DMC's shoulder that much bigger.

He has said he wants to be the best. His personal goal is to be Rookie of the year. He said all the naysayers make it that much easier for him to work even harder.

I love it. That's Kobe mentality right there. Boo me and I smile, because I know I'm doing my job.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
So Cole Aldrich gets an B, Ed Davis gets an A and Cousins gets a D. Wow, this guy is just a great evaluator of talent.. Fortunately writers don't play the game and except for Kahn, aren't GM's. Great draft for the Kings.

I know most everyone is happy with the results. But I think there are a lot of folks out there, Kings fans, that don't really know how good the Kings just got. Cousins has the potential to be a franchise player. An impact player. I would have taken him over just about every other player in the draft not named John Wall, and I would have had a couple of beers thinking about that one.

As Vince Lombardi once said, "Potential means you haven't done anything yet". I think Cousins has just scratched the surface of how good he can be. Its going to take some time, so I hope everyone can remain patient. But I have no doubt that he can step in and impact the game right away. This should be a fun year to be a Kings fan.

So Cole Aldrich gets an B, Ed Davis gets an A and Cousins gets a D. Wow, this guy is just a great evaluator of talent.. Fortunately writers don't play the game and except for Kahn, aren't GM's. Great draft for the Kings.

I know most everyone is happy with the results. But I think there are a lot of folks out there, Kings fans, that don't really know how good the Kings just got. Cousins has the potential to be a franchise player. An impact player. I would have taken him over just about every other player in the draft not named John Wall, and I would have had a couple of beers thinking about that one.

As Vince Lombardi once said, "Potential means you haven't done anything yet". I think Cousins has just scratched the surface of how good he can be. Its going to take some time, so I hope everyone can remain patient. But I have no doubt that he can step in and impact the game right away. This should be a fun year to be a Kings fan.
Baja, I personally give you an A for your offering.

The merit of "draft grades" one day after the draft = F

Dear sir, while we are grading things ... I give this post the same grade I once got in a math class: F-- :)

(How do you get an F-- you ask ? I hardly ever went, and when I did I didn't do anything)

Last edited:
I don't get it. If you give a poor grade, it stands to reason that you think better choices should have been made, and yet he goes on to bash most of the picks after the Kings. So Mr Smarty Pants, if they were bad choices, who were better at those spots?