Kings draft Cousins

I am so ecstatic! Cousins is dominant. Cousins and Evans are 2/3rds of the puzzle to building a championship team.

Think of this lineup...

C-Cousins
PF-Thompson
SF-Casspi
SG-Evans
PG-Beno

That's a 35 win team next year, and a playoff team the year after!!!
With Landry, Cisco, Greene and Dalembert off the bench. Or whoever starts wherever, this team is a lot better than it was two years ago.

Wow. I can't believe it. In the span of a week we went from a front line of Hawes, Thompson, Landry to...

DeMarcus Cousins, Samuel Dalembert, Landry, and Thompson....

wow. And we shed Noc's contract.

Wow. Petrie... got give it up to that guy.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Awesome, couldn't have worked out better given where the lottery balls fell. I think it's much like last year where we got the same guy we would and should have taken if we were at #2. I don't think we would have been wrong taking Cousins if we'd ended up at our natural #3 spot, maybe even #2.

It might be a little roll of the dice, but this is the kind of roll I like. How often do you get a shot at a monster full-sized center with real talent? Pretty much never until now, if you're the Kings.

How much money do we have to spend on a free agent?

WTB a shooter! If we can give max or near max money to a FA we will be set.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Ya gotta love it!!! Now if he can be coached the sky's the limit for the kings.

Last edited:
Its good to be a Kings fan!! I cant wait until next season starts, the dynamic of our team has morphed from squishy and soft to gritty and tough! it's possible we might be proud owners of back 2 back ROYs by the end of next season! Please Petrie do not trade this guy!!

Big risk=Big reward......well hopefully!

No denying the talent and I think Coach W has shown that he is not hesitant to deal with players to extend their role off the court, should that be a problem.

I'm optimistic about this pick. Cousins doesn't have to be a franchise player, we have a solid guy in Dalembert so Westphal can enforce some minutes discipline, and its unusual to find a lot of talent at the C position. Put him next to JT and you have a pretty good rebounding front-line.

Wellcome big cuz!!!!!!!!!!

Now all we need is go after either joe jhonson or rudy gay and we're set for a playoff run!

Damn i'm so excited about this team again!!!

This is why they call him Chad Fraud. From his twitter:

chadfordinsider Great pick for Kings. For a second straight year Kings may have the Rookie of the Year.

I think most of the capspace that the Kings have should be saved for resigning a few players that are already here. Let this team mature for a couple years and at the right moment acquire that 3rd piece to go with Evans/Cousins.

I think most of the capspace that the Kings have should be saved for resigning a few players that are already here. Let this team mature for a couple years and at the right moment acquire that 3rd piece to go with Evans/Cousins. Even this current roster could end up contending.

The basketball gods are definitely on our side again this year.

We dropped to 4th last yr and got the best player.

We dropped to 5th this yr and I feel we got the best player (size/talent/skills wise) again.