Yahoo Rumor - Pacers trying to trade for #3

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! just twittered this:

"Pacers and Nets discussing trade to send package including Danny Granger and 10th pick for Devin Harris, Yi and No. 3 pick, sources tell Y!"

I wonder who the Pacers are targeting. It can't be Johnson, since Granger plays the same position and they would be trading him.

"Pacers and Nets discussing trade to send package including Danny Granger and 10th pick for Devin Harris, Yi and No. 3 pick, sources tell Y!"

I wonder who the Pacers are targeting. It can't be Johnson, since Granger plays the same position and they would be trading him.

I don't think its a good trade for the Nets. They lock themselves into Granger's contract and basically give up on signing Lebron. At #3, they can have Johnson or Favors which both have very high potentials. Nets also have to give up their starting PG. Doesn't make sense if you really want to win a championship.

Assuming this is legit. I don't see the Nets taking this deal.

But what's to stop the Pacers from offering the same deal to the T-Wolves for Flynn, #4, and filler. In that scenario, they'd be targeting Cousins, assuming Favors is gone. Maybe the Pacers dont' want Cousins that badly.

Nets give up an allstar pg + potential future allstar draft pick for Danny Granger + 10th pick? Indiana runs away as bandits on this one.

Probably not legit, but if it is, I'd bet the Pacers are targeting Favors. They already have Roy Hibbert at C, who they seem high on, and their's no way you could start Roy and Demarcus, I don't think.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't think its a good trade for the Nets. They lock themselves into Granger's contract and basically give up on signing Lebron. At #3, they can have Johnson or Favors which both have very high potentials. Nets also have to give up their starting PG. Doesn't make sense if you really want to win a championship.

They may lock themselves into Granger's contract, but locking yourself into the contract of a star isn't always a bad thing. All this handwringing about Jefferson's deal, or Granger's deal = ? You WANT your stars locked up for as long as possible. And if the Nets did this they would be able to trot out a two man pairing of Granger/Lopez the equal of the Noah/Rose duo in Chicago for attracting FAs. Not Lebron, no. But Wade, JJ, Bosh, Amare, Boozer etc.

This is a strange rumor. I dont see how it totally make sense for either team. I suppose I like the Pacers end of it a little more.

Favors and Hibbert would be hard to score against inside.

This should be in the NBA forum, but I really can't see this going down. Harris is a PG though, a position they've been trying to fill since the dawn of time

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is a strange rumor. I dont see how it totally make sense for either team. I suppose I like the Pacers end of it a little more.

Favors and Hibbert would be hard to score against inside.

Here:

PG-who cares
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Danny Granger
PF- Carlos Boozer
C- Brooke Lopez

10th pick
Terrence Williams

Clear it up any :p

They may lock themselves into Granger's contract, but locking yourself into the contract of a star isn't always a bad thing. All this handwringing about Jefferson's deal, or Granger's deal = ? You WANT your stars locked up for as long as possible. And if the Nets did this they would be able to trot out a two man pairing of Granger/Lopez the equal of the Noah/Rose duo in Chicago for attracting FAs. Not Lebron, no. But Wade, JJ, Bosh, Amare, Boozer etc.

I see your point, but what I meant was that I don't see a team with Granger, Lopez to be a championship team. Granger is a SF and so is Lebron so that doesn't work. Frankly I don't think Wade is leaving miami and anyone else such as Amare into the mix doesn't mean championship to me. I can see it as a big payroll, 2nd or 3rd round team but not champions. And they'll also have to find another PG.