Bucks trade for Maggette

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't think they are trying to replace Salmons (they like him), just get insurance in case he leaves, and hopefully from their perspective either a real SF or a scoring 6th man, neither of which they had last year.

I can see why Milwaukee makes this gamble, but the problem is that Maggette is not a team player. He never has been. When the guy gets the ball, he charges the basket or chucks it up. He doesn't pass or play D, I don't think he'll defer to BJ, and him and Skiles will drive each other nuts.

I never cared for Maggette. Like Vlade said, he's not a team player at all. Anyway, what does this mean for the Bucks on Thursday? I think they look at PF's, or at least they should. Bogut needs some help inside, and Ilyasova and Delfino aren't PF's

I actually think this is an upgrade, talent-wise. Team-wise, err...maybe not. But Maggette is one of those players who induces love-hate relationships (the hate mostly stems from the fact that he's selfish/doesn't play team ball/isn't a winner), but last year his impact was considerably greater than Salmons' for Golden State. Granted he was shooting way better than he had ever before, and may have been playing over his head offensively, but he was that good offensively, and he really gives Milwaukee some well-needed offense. His defense is only average at best (not surprising playing for GS) while Salmons' is good, so that might not jibe with Skiles' philosophy and might cause friction, so team-wise there might be some problems. But this could really work--Maggette to me is the better offensive player, and the greater impact player, so it was a good trade for Milwaukee.

Maggette is getting paid 30 mil over the next 3 seasons. No way they can afford him and Salmons.

Terrible move. Maggette is a black hole on offense, just a selfish player. In his 11 year career he has been on one team with a winning record. Salmons has some of the same flaws as Maggette on offense, but he brings a lot more on the defensive end.

The move for CDR is alright. CDR had some issues with the coaching staff in New Jersey, so he better watch himself with Skiles or he won't be around long.

Maybe they feel like they can use him. After the moves they made last year I've got to think they know at least what they want out of this. Wait and see.

I won't speak to his game but even after all this time he has an odd body for NBA.

OH

HELL

NO

we escaped that blackhole
Exactly, he was terrible. I guess being good for one year excuses him? I guess no one remembers when the ball touched his hands he would turn into Kobe and A) chuck that ball up, or B) he would charge the basket and turn it over.