Tyreke Evans detained by CHP this evening for reckless driving

K

king07

This is our franchise player. :rolleyes:

You can't say i didn't warn ya'll.

This is what happens when you put a player above the team. He thinks he can do anything and get away with it.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
This is our franchise player. :rolleyes:

You can't say i didn't warn ya'll.
"Officers say they didn't find any drugs or alcohol in Evans' vehicle. After finding he had a clean record, Evans was cited and released for reckless driving."

Yeah, seems like trouble. Talk to me when there's a dead hooker in the trunk.

Raise your hand if you've never tried to see how fast your car could go. Anyone? I got my Pontiac Grand AM GT to 110 on county roads before I chickened out. Probably the dumbest thing I've done. I was 21 at the time, just out of college.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
"Officers say they didn't find any drugs or alcohol in Evans' vehicle. After finding he had a clean record, Evans was cited and released for reckless driving."

Yeah, seems like trouble. Talk to me when there's a dead hooker in the trunk.

Raise your hand if you've never tried to see how fast your car could go. Anyone? I got my Pontiac Grand AM GT to 110 on county roads before I chickened out. Probably the dumbest thing I've done. I was 21 at the time, just out of college.
Alas, been his age, pulled that trick, albeit in a car that probably had a lot lower top speed. A reminder sometimes that Tyreke is our franchise player... and is still not old enough to officially drink. All those dumb thoughts you had at 20? He's still having them.

Alas, been his age, pulled that trick, albeit in a car that probably had a lot lower top speed. A reminder sometimes that Tyreke is our franchise player... and is still not old enough to officially drink. All those dumb thoughts you had at 20? He's still having them.
Ya, but I wasn't worth millions and didn't have teammates that relied on me.

Yep... Reckless Driving is just speeding more than likely and cutting through traffic.. Dangerous yes, but a mistake a lot of younger people make... Live and learn, hopefully no one crucifies him for it

Here's the full story. Going 100+ miles an hour. Dumb, but he's young. He was just having fun. I posted, just because I thought it would be of interest.

Been there done that.... no danger, just burned out my tires a little tiny bit... reckless ticket. Part of growing up...

Prepare for this to be major front page news in the Bee tomorrow.. you know how they like to rake the Kings across the coals any chance they get....

It's really not an age thing--it's a car thing. Most people with a very fast car will go significantly over the speed limit now and then (or there's no reason to own one, right?). He just got caught, that's all. Personally, I don't think this is a big deal. No alcohol, no drugs, no weapons. Just a ticket. (and don't make speeding a habit!)

I do question his judgment on a few things. 1) Memorial Day weekend is notorious for increased patrolling (an air patrol spotted him)--someone should remind him of this and he should keep that car garaged this weekend, and 2) if he's gonna take someone on a fast ride, then he should take a lady, not some dude.

When I was 20 I did 117 on I-80 to see where my parents' car's governor was at... :)

Of course, this was I-80 in the middle of Nebraska, but stupid nonetheless...

Hope Tyreke learns his lesson.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Dumb move on his part, but I was at 105± on a two lane country road in my 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse way back when. Didn't have the spoiler/fin on the back and started feeling a bit loose, so I backed off.

Hope he got it out of his system.

Got my speeding out of my system 2 years ago on a North Carolina backroad.

I had modified my car computer to go past the speed cap (topped out at 110mph). I got up to I guess the 130-135ish range (guessing since dash only reads up to 120, but needle went past that till it couldn't move no more). It kinda felt like being in an airplane about to take off.

Welp.. never again.

Entity

Hall of Famer
i was passing semi's on a curve on a 2 lane road in a 70 dodge challenger. To my suprise went around 1 and there was an f-150. I went off the side of the road and cut back in front of the semi. A few Brown paper bags and a new pair of shorts and I was fine after about an hour. BTW never did that again.. think i was at 107 or so.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Prepare for this to be major front page news in the Bee tomorrow.. you know how they like to rake the Kings across the coals any chance they get....
I can see the headlines now

"TYREKE EVANS ARRESTED"

And of course, Voison's going to post a column about how some dream boat from another country wouldn't have done this and that Tyreke is immature blah-blah-blah-blah

I can see the headlines now

"TYREKE EVANS ARRESTED"

And of course, Voison's going to post a column about how some dream boat from another country wouldn't have done this and that Tyreke is immature blah-blah-blah-blah
I doubt you'll see that particular headline since he was not arrested.

He was "detained" not arrested and not handcuffed. Apparently, CHP officer had descretion to arrest him but did not as Evans and his passenger were cooperative. Guns were drawn for a couple seconds due heavily tinted windows on the speeding Mercedes.

At first I heard that Evans was stopped at truck scales along I-80/ Antelope. Now, according to witnesses he was pulled over in his vehicle by as many as 5 cop units at a park near Bell Street where he a was to play with some youngsters (as in barely teens), sign a few autographs, etc.

I don't think this is going to get overblown and I doubt it gets more than a 24 hr or less news cycle. Muss was way worse, Noc was plenty bad, JWill and CWebb was worse than this apparent infraction...

I doubt you'll see that particular headline since he was not arrested.

He was "detained" not arrested and not handcuffed.
On the other hand, here's what News10 posted on Twitter:
"See exclusive video of Tyreke Evans in handcuffs tonight-- only on News10 at 11p.m. "

And I thought the National Inquirer was on on grocery store newstands. :(

A couple of comments:

-First things first that is just dumb. He could of lost control and crashed into something or another car seriously injuring (or God forbid killed) himself, his passenger and/or possibly other drivers.

-Its a holiday weekend, everyone knows Law Enforcement is out in full force. Its just again, dumb, to even attempt to do anything than drive the speed limit and not under the influence of anything.

- I don't think anyone can honestly say that they have not sped, whether foolishly for kicks, in a hurry or just recklessly.

- Taking the above a step further, I don't even want to remember the foolish things I did within the first 4 years of having a license, not to even mention that 5th year upon turning 21.

-This will no doubt be made into something bigger than it actually is.

- Tyreke is growing up in front of an entire city. Lets just hope he learns as quickly as he does on the court...

Dumb move? Yes... but by the time I was 20 I had 2 speeding tickets! Now I have a good job, a great family, and now living a great life. Hardly the worst thing that can happen to a person. Hopefully he learns from it and moves on with his life. In my eyes it's really not a big deal..

On the other hand, here's what News10 posted on Twitter:
"See exclusive video of Tyreke Evans in handcuffs tonight-- only on News10 at 11p.m. "

And I thought the National Inquirer was on on grocery store newstands. :(
Yup, he's handcuffed in rear seat of CHP car. Apparently for just a couple minutes. Raw video (about a minute or so long) shows him being detained and then having cuffs removed - released to go on his way.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=82563&catid=2

These things will happen. It's unfortunate, but youngsters have a natural need to push the envelope. I did it, and darned near every one I know who had a set of kahunas did it. Would I want my son or daughter to do it? Of course not, but that's not reality. Reality is, you tell them to be safe and not do it, and when they do it and get caught, you make sure they experience consequences. And you hope to God that they learn from the experience!

This is a reminder to Kings fans that Evans is still a young man. It's not a bad sign, IMO. It means he's more or less... normal. Now, if it happens again, I will personally take his keys away from him.

p.s. The laws may have changed after all these years, but it used to be (in CA) that if you were going 20+ mph over the speed limit, it was automatically considered reckless driving. You didn't have to be doing anything other than speeding.

I just hope that young Mr. Evans sits back and takes a serious risk assessment inventory of this relatively minor - but it could have been MAJOR incident. Afterall, he was involved not long ago as passenger in a car where a person in the vehicle shot and killed someone. Last I heard Tyreke and others were being sued for wrongful death by family of the victim.

Ya, but I wasn't worth millions and didn't have teammates that relied on me.
Maybe they were relying on him getting there in time !

nah but seriously, this is a non-issue with me ... I can't tell you how many times my family would be pulled over for "reckless" driving.

P.S. I realize there were no teammates waiting on him, just kidding :)