Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulls win 4-2

• Bulls win 4-1

• Bulls sweep 4-0

• Total voters
Bulls weren't so good in last 82 games, but they both start from 0 now, so it'll be interesting. However, no matter how good can Bulls play, everybody wants Cleveland in the finals, so refs will push them forward if it's needed, I am sure.
I cheer for the Bulls.

Bulls weren't so good in last 82 games, but they both start from 0 now, so it'll be interesting. However, no matter how good can Bulls play, everybody wants Cleveland in the finals, so refs will push them forward if it's needed, I am sure.
I cheer for the Bulls.
Cheer for the Bulls? No way! If Stern gets his way, Kobe and gang will be on their way to the finals...and the only team to beat them is the Cavs....MAYBE the Magic (they played amazing in the 2nd half of the season).

If the Cavs don't sweep this series then they will have underachieved.

The Bulls/Celtics 1st round series last year was one of the best I've ever seen. We aren't going to get any sort of drama out of the one this year.

I think I just don't like the hype. People puff him up like he invented the damn wheel or something.
Agree. Also from what I read the half time show was terrible(consensus on realgm). I didn't watch the half time show because the commentators during the game were acting like no one has head of Lebron and so they needed to tell us how great he was every play, so I figured the half time show would be just as bad.

You guys are aware that Lebron is one of the most amazing human physical specimens to ever walk the earth? That combined with the agility and skill of any other superstar player and I'm pretty sure the announcers have all the right in the world to tell us how great he is as often as they'd like. appreciate greatness my friends, dont turn a blind eye to it just to be different.

You guys are aware that Lebron is one of the most amazing human physical specimens to ever walk the earth? That combined with the agility and skill of any other superstar player and I'm pretty sure the announcers have all the right in the world to tell us how great he is as often as they'd like. appreciate greatness my friends, dont turn a blind eye to it just to be different.
Well they can do that when we're not you know ... tuning in to actually *GASP* watch a basketball game.

I mean, are you serious? People want to watch the game?? And not just LeBron running around? Amazing!

The guy has surpassed any hype that has ever surrounded his every step since high school. He's beyond anything anyone expected when he came into the league. He has just flat out DOMINATED. Quit crying. There is no 'hype' surrounding lebron.

I'm not trying to be different. It makes me embarrassed for the commentators. The more they spout off about Lebron, the more they appear to be puppets on Stern's strings.

No one should gush so much about any person who is not 1) their child, or 2) their significant other. Since I don't actually hate Lebron, I will enclose what little beef I have regarding his hype in spoilers:

Lebron may be the greatest when all is said and done, but during all this time of him being the "greatest player on the earth" Tim Duncan and the Spurs have won the title twice, sweeping Lebron's team out of the finals one of those times. Players like Kobe, Shaq, Billups, and Garnett, though all great, have actually done more for their teams by playing a more confined roll, setting up an impetus for great team play (all have won a title during Lebron's time in the league). One could make a legitimate argument that Kobe is the greatest player on earth, and Lebron will never reach his level. Because of the titles, Kobe's hype is warranted. If you want to leave titles out of the equation, I actually like Carmelo Anthony's game more than Lebron's, and Anthony has done just as much for his team.

It's more fun to watch a great team than it is to watch a great player. Lebron can be the greatest that he wants to be, I just want to be able to watch these games without it being shoved down my throat. I want to hear more about Jamison's role, Shaq popping up out of nowhere, Big Z's trade drama, Mo William's craziness. I don't watch basketball just for the individual effort.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Lebron may be the greatest when all is said and done, but during all this time of him being the "greatest player on the earth" Tim Duncan and the Spurs have won the title twice, sweeping Lebron's team out of the finals one of those times.
LeBron James was not considered, by most of the talking heads, to be the best player on earth until this past year; even last year, there was still a substantial percentage of heads that felt that Kobe Bryant was the best player.

If you want to leave titles out of the equation, I actually like Carmelo Anthony's game more than Lebron's, and Anthony has done just as much for his team.
Anthony has gotten his team to the Finals?

It's more fun to watch a great team than it is to watch a great player.
Says you: I'd rather watch the '85 Bulls than the '85 Lakers. I'd rather watch the '86 Rockets than the '86 Celtics. And, speaking only for myself, I'm watching the Cavs to see LeBron James; I could give a rat's *** about Antawn Jamison or Mo Williams.

LeBron James was not considered, by most of the talking heads, to be the best player on earth until this past year; even last year, there was still a substantial percentage of heads that felt that Kobe Bryant was the best player.

Our guys (Grant and Jerry, in all their infinite wisdom), have been calling him the future GOAT since his first game at Arco. That sort of stuff is what I mean by hype. Whether he actually is is of no matter to me. In David Stern's media machine the individual is given all of the attention and the team is ancillary. I don't like that sort of thing when it becomes ridiculous, like when they show us Lebron blocking shots like he's "The Most Xtreme" shot blocker, which is where this discussion stemmed from.

Anthony has gotten his team to the Finals?

There you have me. Of course, there's the argument that if the Nuggets were in the east they would have been in the finals at least once. But that's pure conjecture.

And, speaking only for myself, I'm watching the Cavs to see LeBron James; I could give a rat's *** about Antawn Jamison or Mo Williams.
This would certainly be alot less interesting without Lebron. I want to see Lebron because he's such an amazing player. I do love being entertained by such amazing athleticism; but the NBA has it all wrong. Can Lebron win a ring by himself? I don't think so. A team is what wins championships. Championships are absolutely key in defining the GOAT. You don't have a ring, you can't be the best. When he gets his then I'll just give the King his due, and ignore his hype like I do Kobe's.

Last edited:
Yeah, at one point you could see Brad asking the ref how he could guard Shaq without getting a foul. The ref must not have told him anything useful because 3 seconds later Brad had a mystery foul called on him while defending Shaq, and went back to the bench.

The league isn't dying for a Cavs-Lakers finals are they?