Grades v. Wolves 03/31/10

At this late point of the season I care...

• I care lots

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I care nots

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I care a little, as long as my favorite show isn't on at the same time

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I care about lins

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • I care about Reke's 20/5/5 + ROY

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • See ya next year

Votes: 8 9.5%

• Total voters

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Alright, another aborted comeback, another loss. 0-5 on the roadtrip, opening with a loss to a team vying for the worst record of all time, closing with a loss to a team with a 16 game losing streak.

All in all, enough for a Girl theme, and tonight I have enough time to do the grades right. SO:

Pretty Girls: The Annual Dance Team Edition

Boxscore

Nocioni ( C+ ) -- got the start off the big game in Indy, and for a littel while looked like he even might justify it. Hit two threes in the early going as Reke found him out there all night, added a running flip in the paint, and other than getting stripped on one drive looked more settled than he has off the bench. The 2nd quarter brought the reality check as he began the quarter missing a three, and then started repeatedly running into Darko in the paint and getting balls sent back in his face. Made a few contributions in the third, hitting a three off a scramble play, delivering a nice drive and dish to Landry for the layup, getting a traditional three point play off another scramble play, but also missed several more, including the running one hander to close the third, and never did give us anything on the boards (grabbed 2 in 33 minutes) as we got creamed in all the hustle categories. Watched Donte help lead our 4th quarter comeback in his stead.

Jaclyn (Suns) -- As it turns out the Suns' dancers recently knocked our own ladies oout of the Dance Team Bracket over at NBA.com. At the risk of sounding very unpatriotic, you know what? No complaints.

Landry ( C ) -- started decently but seemed to tire quickly and was quietly having himself a bad game until he found a reserve of energy and came on in the 4th to help us come back. Overpowered inside by Jefferson for the first hoop, but was able to counter decently wiht a series of jumpers baclk the other way. Also got a couple of help blocks against Flynn, although Big Al continued to have his way with him. Began to get his shots blocked by both Darko (who is a shotblocker) and Big Al (who is not), and the misses began to spread from there, both in the post and from the perimeter. Got blocked again by Jefferson on his first attempt of the third, but otherwise begna ot fall into a pattern of making his post moves, but continuing to clank his jumpers (legs maybe). The 4th started poorly with a wild miss and then a fumbled catch in the post. Hit alopng jumper, but then missed one, got beat by Al in the psot again, and on one remarkable play (that significantly padded his rebounding stats) got blocked not once, not twice, but THREE times in the post one one possession by Big Al for the 24 second violation. Ironically that one play, kind of the depths of humiliation for him and for us (think we were down 20 at the time) was the turning point. Donte was giving us some energy, Reke returend with the eye of the tiger thing, and Carl found a second wind. IN the next 4-5 minutes he got a little hit in the post from Reke. Then a second little jumper. Missed the side jumper so bad it went off the glass and in. Got the finish from Reke when he drew all the defense. Drove, fouled, and split the pair to make it 6. BUt unfoirtunately that was it. Unable to contain Jefferson late. Fouled Brewer for the +1 to finish us at the 1:00 mark. Just no length to challegne the shot. Should have got the technical too as he slammed the ball out of bounds into the stands (which is supposed to be an automatic). Terrible soft inbounds pass out of a timeout closed the final desperate hope at the 38 second mark, -- meant for Reke in a 7 point game that would have needed a near miracle. Instead easily picked off by Brewer for the breakaway sealer and the final 9pt margin. Truth is this is STILL a subpar game for Carl -- 22pts, sure, but took a ton of our shots (24), and just did not have it for most of the night. Got crunched on the glass again, as so did we. Looked undersized against the big Wolves frontline in getting his shot blocked 5 times. And made another swath of errors down the stretch once we had finally got it into winnable position.

Katie (Suns) -- Jaclyn has a friend. Yay for friends.

Thompson ( C+ ) -- solid offensive game, but disappointing on the glass where he got outrebounded by 4 different Wolves, including their SF and a bencher who only played 23min, and unable to defend the middle either against his man or penetration. Mixed hits and misses all night long, never really going on astreak either way. Missed the long jumper to start, then drained the next one on the baseline. Got the stong post move over Love to go...then got his post turnaround blocked by Darko. Scored over by Darko repeatedly, but followed a Darko blocked shot of Noc with a layup. Bad pass turnover trying to hit Greene. Good hustle o-reb to save a Landry miss, passed it out, got it back, and traveled. Did not get on the glass in the first half, grabbing only two. In the third was getting killed by Darko on defense, although did have a good defensive possession against Big Al late in the 3rd. Was getting a lot of open jumpers as Reke began to figure out that Darko was cheating on him and drew the defense and kicked, and kicked. JT's results on that play were mixed. Got an easy finish inside when Reke kicked the formula up a notch, driving hard and forcing Darko and Al to come to him and then dumping to JT for the layup rather than the jumper. Overpowered in the post at the 3:00 mark by Jefferson just as we were finally threatening. Miscommunicated out of the timeout at the 1:10 mark with Reke and threw it out of bounds. Another finish +1 from Reke in the final minute. The 7-10 15pts 7reb stat line looks solid. But not sure it passes the scent test if you scratch and sniff it. Got beat up on defense, and largely failed as our best hope on the glass. In the end outperformed, statistically and otherwise, by Darko Milicic.

Leslie (Hawks) -- Leslie dances for the Hawks, and along the way looks like a 1960s pinup model.

Udrih ( D+ ) -- finally had a true down game, and really of all our guys this is the one where saying the legs just ran out of gas after his recent spell filling in for Reke seems most appropriate. Whatever the cause, he and Landry, who were effectively our goto guys while Reke was out, both struggled tonight, combining to shoot 13-34, and leaving us struggling to find points. Actually hit his opening shot on a little side pop, but then began missing pretty much everything from all ranged. Got trapped in the paint by Darko and threw it out of bounds. Was getting torched by Flynn on defense in the first half as well. Pass ahead to Donte for the dunk on the break, as his 9 assists helping Reke run the team were definitely his highlight. Made a bad decision on the break passing it to Noc instead of Reke and leading to Noc getting blcoked. Began the third still missing, and sat down having contributed little. When he returned late in the quarter provided a little help with a drive and dish to Brockman for the +1, and was a little more active in the early fourth, running into a steal on the break and finally getting a little hit at the 9:00 mark. Missed the three out of the timeout at the 2:00 mark, leaving him 0-6 from that range over the last two days. Cisco was of no help last time we saw him, but we missed him tonight -- needed an alternative. Heck, Sergio would have helped too.

Alex (Magic) -- I purposefully copied over Alex's entire bio page, because it was what got her in here. Hottie dancer by night, brainy molecular biology student by day? You could do worse guys.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Evans ( B+ ) -- sandwiched a fast start and a big charge down the stretch (in which he figured out something potentially significant for his future play) around a drab tired looking middle section of the game. And when you are talking about superook that all still adds up to a ridiculous CP3esque statline of 20pts 7reb 13ast 3stls. Started the game firing on all cylinders, including hitting several outside shots. Repeatedly found Noc on the perimeter for threes, which he hit for once, stepped out to hit both a three and a two from distance, grabbed a d-board and took it full court for the +1, and smartly drew a foul on Sessions up against the shot clock. But the early jumpers actually proved a bit of a problem, as he was faced with the now standard his man + the big lurking behind him Reke defense, and began to settle for the J thinkng maybe he was hot on the night. Missed the running hook on the closing play of the quarter. Started the 2nd with a full court race to draw the foul, but then went back to missing jumpers, and again got the end of quarter shot, and again could not finish it as his tough drive into traffic bounced off the rim for our final attempt of the half. Started off the third getting his drive blocked by Darko, but was sporadically effective therafter. Got a steal and coast to coast layup spinning Brewer left and right. Kicked to Donte for a three. Called for an offensive foul running over Flynn. To the hoop and layup rolled off. Drive and kicks to JT and Landry for perimeter jumeprs and a crosscourt pass to Donte for another three as the aasists began to pile up. Another kick to JT. Airball against the shot clock, before sittign down. By the timehe returned minutes later we were in dire straits, not just of losing to the Wolves, but of getting blown out -- down 19 before he entered and begant to lead the comeback. Drove, missed, got the o-reb, and took it out -- that happened several times in the 4th. Was nothcing assist after assist including a lucky one when he dropped a little dish to Landry when he got doukled, who missed it so bad it went off glass and in. Smotherd Flynn into having to take a 28 foot airballed three, Then figured something out that you could see becoming amajor weapon -- all game long, and most of the season long, he has recognized the stacked defenses against him, and driven in a few steps just long enough to get a little committment from the defense, before dishing it out to Landry, or Hawes, or JT or whoever is in the game for little 18 foot facing jumpers. Its oslid. It gets open shots. But they are still open jumpers, and hence inherently erratic. Wel, late in this one Reke suddenly realized that if he took that live dribble all the way into the paint, forced the bigs to come at him, and if his own guys cut to the hoop he could hit them again and again for dropoff passes for layups and dunks. It was a thing of beauty as he did it 3 times down the stretch and the Wolves had no answer, each occurrence resulting in a layup or dunk for Landry or JT. Pulled up himself for the jumper a the 2:30 mark to make it a 6pt game and still possible. Drove, blocked by Darko, grabbed the board, then went back in and finsihed,. Another drive and dish +1 to JT. Then picked the pocket of Flynn and went down for the dunk to make it 5 at the 47 second mark. Did all he could, but we just could nto get stops and made some horrible inbounds passes in the last couple of minutes.

Tiffany (Heat) -- and of course I don't think you can ever have one of these threads without touching upon the Heat Bikini...er...I mean dance team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bench

Greene ( A- ) -- lost his starting spot after a string of uninspired starts, but responded with a big game off the bench giving us a shot of desperately needed energy and shooting when our starters were clearly gassed. In the first half came in off the bench for the side pop then began to get out on the break, including making a tough catch in traffic on a Beno feed ahead and going in for the dunk. Good hustle steal on defense but got tied up and lost the jump. Drained a three, and grabbed a couple of good defensive boards, although it would be another subpar game for him on the glass (grabbed 3). His return in the thrid was a hodsend, as we were just dragging out there and showing no signs of life. Came in and immediately knocked down the three from Reke. Another three from Landry on the kickout. Missed the third on a kickout. Dunk follow of a Reke miss. And then yet another three from Reke. Was nearly picked up top but managed to recover to Noc who went in for the +1. Missed another three with 30 seconds left in the quarter. Earned the 4th quarter minutes although he cooled off. Called for the corner three and got it from Reke, but otherwise missed several shots inside and out. Combined to force a turnover at the 1:15 mark.

Luanna (Heat) -- and as long as we in South Florida anyway...

Brockman ( C ) -- since his return has looked less Monsterlike and more like a 6'7" unathletic guy just trying to buy us a few minutes. Really didn't do anything in his first half minutes. Think he had one d-board. Made a little contribution after half, getting hit by Beno for the finsih +1 at the end fo the quarter (missing the +1 actually). Then in the early 4th drew back to back charges, one from Ellington, the other from Love, to frustrate the Wolves. Boarded over by Love on a missed FT, who then finished it, and never was a factor on the glass as the Darko/Big Al/Love trio dominated our frontcourt.

Yesenia (Heat) -- and a third? Why not.

Udoka ( C- ) -- minutes equal parts short and ineffective. In the first half hesitated and missed a wing jumper. In the 4th backed in and airballed a post shot. Then went under a screen to let Ellington hit a three. Finished with no real statistical contributions, but do think our team defense picked up a tick when he came in.

Erica (Sixers) -- ah look, Erica is still around on the Sixers dance team. And ah look, she is still hot.

Last edited:
Honestly, all I care about is 20/5/5, ROY and getting the highest draft pick.
I think that what most of the Kings fans are interested in at this point of the season.

If we can get another all-star type level player with our pick this year we would be well on the way to competing for play offs next year. If that all-star level player happened to be a PF or a C, the rebuild would be complete.

I think that what most of the Kings fans are interested in at this point of the season.

If we can get another all-star type level player with our pick this year we would be well on the way to competing for play offs next year. If that all-star level player happened to be a PF or a C, the rebuild would be complete.
Yes definitely.

We have Tyreke for the backcourt, now just need someone down low.

If we have the ROY this year and a REALLY good rookie next year (hopefully another ROY) then I could see a good free agent wanting to sign with us. :) I can hope...

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
how about a super special Countries with most beautiful women in the world?

I'm going to live in utrecht for a year next year WOOOO

I thought Utrecht was a university city with lots of beautiful women.. :(
Actually, Utrecht is a pretty big city even by American standards; so, it is not like a typical university city a-la Ann Arbor or Davis.

However, you are right, Utrecht has several big schools and one of my former classmates spent 2 years in that city and Den Haag (it was about 10 years ago though).

But as for Dutch women, I definitely do not want to wound them (don't think they care what I think though :D) but I think you would prefer international students from Brazil lol

woah woah woah.. im living in utrecht this year and let me clarify some things.. first of all dutch women are pretty.. theyre arent too many supermodels but a majority of them have cute faces, blonde, theyre more or less all in shape with good bodies.. but they are very tall, very tall indeed. second of all yes utrecht is a student city. third of all its not that big, it has about 300,000 inhabitants but its quite compact and all of the life surrounds a relatively small city center.. fourth of all it does not have "several big schools," it has one very big school (top ten ranked in europe, best in the netherlands) and one other rather small school.. but utrecht is an incredibly beautiful city in my estimation. larry where are you going to be living? do you know yet? is it an international building..? you're gonna have the time of your life.

woah woah woah.. im living in utrecht this year and let me clarify some things.. first of all dutch women are pretty.. theyre arent too many supermodels but a majority of them have cute faces, blonde, theyre more or less all in shape with good bodies.. but they are very tall, very tall indeed. second of all yes utrecht is a student city. third of all its not that big, it has about 300,000 inhabitants but its quite compact and all of the life surrounds a relatively small city center.. fourth of all it does not have "several big schools," it has one very big school (top ten ranked in europe, best in the netherlands) and one other rather small school.. but utrecht is an incredibly beautiful city in my estimation. larry where are you going to be living? do you know yet? is it an international building..? you're gonna have the time of your life.
Ok, about women it was more like a joke, however it depends on someone's taste and I do not wanna even discuss it and gonna keep my opinion. I studied in Koln and have spent a lot of time in Holland.

However, what you said about schools is not exactly right. They have at least 2 very big schools.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I do not know my housing centre yet but i do speak french fluently and tall is fine "as long as they aren't taller than me 6'3"...

Ok, about women it was more like a joke, however it depends on someone's taste and I do not wanna even discuss it and gonna keep my opinion. I studied in Koln and have spent a lot of time in Holland.

However, what you said about schools is not exactly right. They have at least 2 very big schools.
well they have utrecht university which is big and then hogeschool which is medium at best but i guess size depends on your background.. you're from ukraine im guessing so maybe a big school to you is different than it is to me

I do not know my housing centre yet but i do speak french fluently and tall is fine "as long as they aren't taller than me 6'3"...
Keep an open mind. Height differential kept my cousin and a good friend from seeing each other as potential partners for a long time. Then they decided, why not? Happily ever after....she's 6'1" and he skims maybe 5'6". ;)

Keep an open mind. Height differential kept my cousin and a good friend from seeing each other as potential partners for a long time. Then they decided, why not? Happily ever after....she's 6'1" and he skims maybe 5'6". ;)
The average height for a woman in the Netherlands is 5'6", even your short relative would be taller than half of them.

well its actually 5'7", second in the world to the dinaric alps which is a largely unpopulated mountainous area in the baltics.. dont try to sell it short, dutch women are tall.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height
Follow the wikipedia article to its citation (Dutch government figures for 2009) and you'll find that Dutch women ages 18-24 self-reported as being on average 168.8 cm tall. That's 5'6.5". I didn't round up.

I lived close to two years in Alkmaar,Noord-Holland,and i can say without a doubt Dutch women are amazingly beautiful! Its cause of all that dairy and riding around on bikes everywhere lol.
But try to learn as much Dutch as you can,even though everyone speaks english.Took me a year to learn it and that was with working a job having to try and speak it everyday!

But i envy you!Utrecht is amaaaaazing,Amsterdam...touristy and dirty though it has its nice parts.
Im going back to Alkmaar this summer to work and live again : ) i cant wait!!:D

Since the BM´s are talking more about the Dutch girls than the game itself i immediatly understand that i should not be sorry to have missed this game.

As to the main topic:
Dutch woman are quite cute..quite..

Last edited:

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
yep i have a dutch girlfriend who is a 1 year foreign exchange student and i'm going back with her

big mistake IMO :p