Kings @ Timberwolves game Thread, 3/31, 5 p.m. PST

WTF moment of the game?

• Somebody get Evans a smaller mouthpiece!

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • The Kings fall so badly after being up 15.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Troy Murphy. Why us?

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
Ya, heaven forbid that we'd get another #4 draft pick or something.
Well Geoff can probably pick a good player with the 5th or 6th pick too. Look at what he did with the #4 after we were panicked about not getting number 1. We already got our guy and a bunch of other young guys. If anything we need to start getting some veterans.

Well Geoff can probably pick a good player with the 5th or 6th pick too. Look at what he did with the #4 after we were panicked about not getting number 1. We already got our guy and a bunch of other young guys. If anything we need to start getting some veterans.
5th or 6th is EXACTLY what is at stake in the last 7 games amigo..

Only thing to root for now is Evans to get to 20 points
AMEN! That is the ONLY reason I am still listening to this game is to see if Evans can get his 20 points. It doesn't look like he is though unfortunately. The Kings just are not a very good team. We can probably go ahead and say that the Kings are one of the worst if not THE worst team in the league. The problem is that the center we drafted to be our franchise center has become a total dud. Our Power Forward we drafted to be our franchise Power forward is a dud. I guess Petrie has missed more than we want to admit. It looks like Hawes was a miss, Thompson looks like a miss. Unless one of those 2 turn their careers around we are not going to be very successful. This next draft, if Petrie makes another miss we really need to reconsider Petrie's status as a draft genius...

Tyreke made his 20th point while I typed this so I guess I can stop torturing myself now...

Last edited:
5th or 6th is EXACTLY what is at stake in the last 7 games amigo..

And we're going to lose atleast 5 of our last 6 games so it looks like you'll all get your wish. I'm never rooting for my team to lose games. Thats stupid IMO. I might root for them to rebuild and get a crappy roster filled with young players but outright losing games? I don't believe in that.

Thing about bigs is it takes them a few years to do that. Jefferson's been in the league for 6 years and it took him 2 or 3 before he started doing that to teams.
aand our franchise player/basically everyone on the team is about 2 to 5 years away from their prime.. you think were contending next year?

aand our franchise player/basically everyone on the team is about 2 to 5 years away from their prime.. you think were contending next year?
Well we better start winning some damn games before the fans don't go to any at all and the team moves. I don't know about you but it sucks to invest money in a team that isn't going to win. It's downright stupid to invest money to go see a team you WANT to lose. If we keep being losers we're going to lose all our fans and our team. I don't care what a bunch of people on the internet say, I want winners.

And we're going to lose atleast 5 of our last 6 games so it looks like you'll all get your wish. I'm never rooting for my team to lose games. Thats stupid IMO. I might root for them to rebuild and get a crappy roster filled with young players but outright losing games? I don't believe in that.
but to be honest i know exactly what you mean.. i see both sides of the coin.. after last year of avidly rooting for us to lose for much of the second half of the season and still coming away with reke i vowed not to root against the team again.. especially with how random the lottery can turn out.. but again i just find myself wanting so bad to be in that top 5 or 6 of this draft.. i really think we could get something special and that going forward is in my opinion more important than winning these last 7 games..

Now this is tanking, the guys know it's the end of the season...how else do you explian teams like the Nets and Wolves handle us with such ease.

Well I say Lin FTW! ;)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
AMEN! That is the ONLY reason I am still listening to this game is to see if Evans can get his 20 points. It doesn't look like he is though unfortunately. The Kings just are not a very good team. We can probably go ahead and say that the Kings are one of the worst if not THE worst team in the league. The problem is that the center we drafted to be our franchise center has become a total dud. Our Power Forward we drafted to be our franchise Power forward is a dud. I guess Petrie has missed more than we want to admit. It looks like Hawes was a miss, Thompson looks like a miss. Unless one of those 2 turn their careers around we are not going to be very successful. This next draft, if Petrie makes another miss we really need to reconsider Petrie's status as a draft genius...

Tyreke made his 20th point while I typed this so I guess I can stop torturing myself now...
So apparently Tyreke Evans was drafted by someone else?

Our guys are still young. Spencer's only 21 and been showing some real progress the last several games (before his knee once again suffered an injury). The same applies to JT as well, ever since he's started coming off of the bench, he's really started to improve (i.e. not picking up 3 fouls in two minutes). As far as I know, we weren't drafting these guys to be our franchise players, we were drafting them based on them being the best player available.

I see it the same way. I understand the logic behind it but I just can't root for a loss.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Anybody that had franchise player expectations for JT and Hawes was deluding themselves. The only thing guaranteed with guys picked in the late lottery is their contract, but both still have the potential to be a solid 3rd big off the bench or trade bait.

Anybody that had franchise player expectations for JT and Hawes was deluding themselves. The only thing guaranteed with guys picked in the late lottery is their contract, but both still have the potential to be a solid 3rd big off the bench or trade bait.
We have got to find another big, that is obvious at this point. I don't see how a rotation of JT, Hawes, and Landry can get it done from a rebounding and defensive perspective. Two of the three are below average rebounders and defensively they range from average to bad.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We have got to find another big, that is obvious at this point. I don't see how a rotation of JT, Hawes, and Landry can get it done from a rebounding and defensive perspective. Two of the three are below average rebounders and defensively they range from average to bad.
I wasn't arguing against finding another big, I was scoffing at the notion that JT and Hawes are franchise players.