Kevin martin traded to rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
This agent is going to cause us trouble when we want to resign Tyreke if we dont trade T-mac to NYK as they wish ...
I dont see what problem he could cause, when Rekes contract is up if he deserves his max he should get his max contract. Not sure how much weight this guy can hold so far down the line.

L

Lafayette

I look at it from the Knicks side, they don't want to lose Lee for a rental player but what if...

Knicks in: McGrady, Thompson
Kings in: Lee, Jeffries, Hill + Draft Pick

So that way the Knicks get a PF that will still get them that double/double and he's young.

I think it'll take Hawes or Thompson out of town to get something like that done. Maybe even a 2nd rnd pick which won't hurt.

If GP can swing LEE out of this then it doesn't matter if they give up one of the big men because it'll be worth it. What does it matter to the KNICKS, they want to clear out as much as they can to bring in 2 superstar players.

Why is everyone freaked out about Jeffries's contract? Isn't it only one more year at $6+ million?
how did u feel about KT on this team last season. i think of him as KT, basically overpaid. if we take him for the rest of this year and next year, its kinda like extending KT's contract another year. thats how i feel. its not the worst thing in the world, but i dont really like it.

See this has to be about helping the Knicks dump bad contracts and wanting all of the money owed to T-Mac this season instead of a buyout. Nothing good in there for the Kings.

Yeah Tellum is a huge douche and has made trouble before. But it isn't in Reke's best interest to get him involved in this deal. I think Reke has good people around him and wont allow him to be used to pimp another client.

I look at it from the Knicks side, they don't want to lose Lee for a rental player but what if...

So that way the Knicks get a PF that will still get them that double/double and he's young.

I think it'll take Hawes or Thompson out of town to get something like that done. Maybe even a 2nd rnd pick which won't hurt.

If GP can swing LEE out of this then it doesn't matter if they give up one of the big men because it'll be worth it. What does it matter to the KNICKS, they want to clear out as much as they can to bring in 2 superstar players.
I'll ship Hawes instead of JT.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Why is everyone freaked out about Jeffries's contract? Isn't it only one more year at $6+ million?
$6.9M, but with a 15% trade kicker which puts it up to $7.9M. Kevin's only making $10.6M next year, so basically Landry ($3.0M) + Jeffries alone cost more than Martin next year (not to mention anything else, like Hill, that might end up as a part of the trade).

It's kind of hard to justify a salary cap move when it doesn't actually get you any salary cap space in the biggest FA offseason in memory. We would be shaving two somewhat affordable years off of Martin's contract, but that's it. Landry would cost money to keep beyond next year, and who knows how much that will be, or if he's even what we need, considering he's not the rebounding/defensive big man down low we were looking for.

Becaue LEE is a rental player also. We would sent out JT, who is developing for a rental PF and a "prospect" Hill which who knows how he will actually pan out... then a 2012 or later draft pick...

Why don't we just keep JT for the rest of the season, and sign David Lee in summer?

how did u feel about KT on this team last season. i think of him as KT, basically overpaid. if we take him for the rest of this year and next year, its kinda like extending KT's contract another year. thats how i feel. its not the worst thing in the world, but i dont really like it.
Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. If you have Lee and Landry as the backup as your new PF's you take Jeffries. He's a trade piece for next year. Such as Noc+Jeffries (expiring) for ...........

U take one bad contract that only lasts a year to pretty much have your PF spot done for a while. Then you focus on getting a Center in the draft (if possible), or through trades/free agency

I'll ship Hawes instead of JT.
I wouldn't... but I agree its going to take Greene, Hawes, or Thompson in order to pry away Lee. We are basically doing the opposite of what the Rockets did for us meaning if the Kings want Lee (the Knicks K-Mart) were going to have to give up our Carl Landry with T-mac.

I wouldn't... but I agree its going to take Greene, Hawes, or Thompson in order to pry away Lee. We are basically doing the opposite of what the Rockets did for us meaning if the Kings want Lee (the Knicks K-Mart) were going to have to give up our Carl Landry with T-mac.
I'm not ok with trading Donte. If you are getting Lee and have Lee and Landry at the PF position then trading Thompson makes sense.

STEIN_LINE_HQ

Kings get Carl Landry, Joey Dorsey and Larry Hughes' expiring contract . . . all just filed to ESPN.com. Link coming momentarily

no david lee or picks or jefferies(thank god!) hes going to houston.

Lee's an expiring, and somehow I doubt he would fit in to our long term plans. Jeffries is a bad contract. NYK was purportedly already quibbling over the draft pick (with HOU), so I don't think they change their tune there. Hill would be nice, but I don't know if I'd give up Thompson for him. I'd rather let them keep their pick and David Lee, give them T-Mac and take on a year of Jeffries for Hill. In a couple of seasons, when we're in position to make the playoffs again, I'd assume that Thompson will probably be a David Lee type player anyway. Decent scorer, tenacious rebounder, mediocre at best defender. Plus, we don't have to worry about signing him to a big contract this off season.

WojYahooNBA

Kings send TMac and Rodriguez to NY, Kevin Martin, Jared Jeffries and picks to HOU and Larry Hughes, Landry and Dorsey to Sac, source says

Ugh if this is the deal I hope Larry Hughes is in a suit every game, but Sergio will SHINE in NY thats his system I really will follow the Knicks to see him alone.

None of this is confirmed btw just tweets im tracking.

WojYahooNBA

Kings send TMac and Rodriguez to NY, Kevin Martin, Jared Jeffries and picks to HOU and Larry Hughes, Landry and Dorsey to Sac, source says

Ugh if this is the deal I hope Larry Hughes is in a suit every game, but Sergio will SHINE in NY thats his system I really will follow the Knicks to see him alone.

So...we keep KT and Hilton now? And...those better not be any of our picks going to Houston...

Agent Considerations

This agent is going to cause us trouble when we want to resign Tyreke if we dont trade T-mac to NYK as they wish ...
I'm sure if we just give him what he wants he'll be grateful, and really help us out when his other client's contract is up for discussion in a few years... :rolleyes:

As we all know, he's going to be a jerk regardless. That's why Petrie's put on his Big Boy Pants and is playing Man Ball.

Wonder how Bonzi's agent is doing these days?

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
WojYahooNBA

Damn. What's Hughes' contract look like? I would have rather kept McGrady's expiring and played the FA market.

Status
Not open for further replies.