Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

WTF moment of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish YouTube had been around then. Some of J-Will's more errant passes should have been recorded for the ages. I was at a game when one of his pull-up-at-center-court-and-heave-at-the-third-row bullet passes nearly knocked one of the fans out cold.
I remember. But then, he had his moments that made it all worth watching. I still have love for J-Will and those days.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I wish YouTube had been around then. Some of J-Will's more errant passes should have been recorded for the ages. I was at a game when one of his pull-up-at-center-court-and-heave-at-the-third-row bullet passes nearly knocked one of the fans out cold.
I'm surprised no one died as a result of one of his passes. Some of those had enough velocity to do some serious damage. There is nothing that this season's Kings can do that could potentially rival the frustration of those years of brilliant plays followed by stupid plays followed by more stupid plays followed by Nick Anderson (Who?) followed by a better play. Everyone has to grow into themselves. Even the hated Lakers took a few years to kick into gear. We need to simply live through these games so that, like J-Will's bad guillotines, when we're good again we can appreciate those times.

Some people just express their anger and disappointment differently than others. We need to have a soundproof, isolated room (thread) where us screamers and wall smashers can go and vent without violating the "they are young and learning" sensibilities of others. :D
I know. I sympathize. I've been cursing and yelling and stomping too. I hate to lose. But it's easier on the old cardiac system to calm down and remember the big picture.

However, if you need to, go ahead and scream. :eek:

I'm sure the 1-8 shooting was a real confidence builder for our sideline to sya "let's get that guy more shots!"

Noc is both gunning and the classic Nellie trap -- he tricks you into smallballing with a combo forward, into playing his game, and then he's got you.

Thomspon however is the starting PF, is playing pick and roll, and has numerous tips on the offensive glass. 14 shots is hardly out of line for such a beast.
Beno was 6-14 including 1-6 for 3. I guess he is also a beast. Spinning,dribbling,shooting.Great.

I'm surprised no one died as a result of one of his passes. Some of those had enough velocity to do some serious damage. There is nothing that this season's Kings can do that could potentially rival the frustration of those years of brilliant plays followed by stupid plays followed by more stupid plays followed by Nick Anderson (Who?) followed by a better play. Everyone has to grow into themselves. Even the hated Lakers took a few years to kick into gear. We need to simply live through these games so that, like J-Will's bad guillotines, when we're good again we can appreciate those times.
Remember all the "Kobe and Shaq will never win together" seasons? LOL!

I wish the pundits had been right.

If they can't close out games, I doubt they will have a record of 30-35.

The kings have 25 more games against teams that the have a legitimate shot against and I do think that the kings will upset a few upper tier teams this season.

For the Kings not to hit 30 wins that means they will have to go 15- 32 from here on out and i just dont see that happening

Beno was 6-14 including 1-6 for 3. I guess he is also a beast. Spinning,dribbling,shooting.Great.
What do you want? Are you rooting for the team or one player? Face it. Omri sucked tonight. He wasn't alone in his suckiness. But good grief. Pointing out the suckiness of others doesn't make Omri look any better.

Omri will be better tomorow, I'm sure.

The kings have 25 more games against teams that the have a legitimate shot against and I do think that the kings will upset a few upper tier teams this season.

For the Kings not to hit 30 wins that means they will have to go 15- 32 from here on out and i just dont see that happening
We still have to go through the period of integrating Martin and Garcia back in this team. That will take some time as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I remember. But then, he had his moments that made it all worth watching. I still have love for J-Will and those days.
Yep, me too. Possibly because along with those errant passes were the blind passes to Vlade through three defenders or the sweet lead passes to Webb and the pull-up jumpers that he seemed to make with alarming regularity and ease.

I'm looking at THE COVER right now, and all the memories still come flooding back. And I honestly believe thst with this new young group of Kings we're going to be building a whole new group of memories.

:)

Yep, me too. Possibly because along with those errant passes were the blind passes to Vlade through three defenders or the sweet lead passes to Webb and the pull-up jumpers that he seemed to make with alarming regularity and ease.

I'm looking at THE COVER right now, and all the memories still come flooding back. And I honestly believe thst with this new young group of Kings we're going to be building a whole new group of memories.

:)
OK, now. I'm trying to look forward and you go and bring up THE COVER. Yes, I'll always treasure those years and that team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What do you want? Are you rooting for the team or one player? Face it. Omri sucked tonight. He wasn't alone in his suckiness. But good grief. Pointing out the suckiness of others doesn't make Omri look any better.

Co-sign.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OK, now. I'm trying to look forward and you go and bring up THE COVER. Yes, I'll always treasure those years and that team.
I'm sorry. :p I could describe some of the rest of the stuff I have in my living room and on my walls but I won't.

;)

Don't forget when Martin and Cisco come back, they aren't going to win games instantly. So include losing a few more games.

The Kings haven't won any games lately. Maybe they do have a lousy team like many of you have pointed out. Regardless of how bad they are they will play tomorrow night. And I'll watch.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He should be as confident to chuck as noc or beno.Don't lose confidence because your first few didn't go in. He lost confidence that why he took only 8.
So he could miss more? He was OFF today. He may as well have just thrown the ball out of bounds so our guys could at least have gotten back on defense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've got one other favorite framed item that was given to me by Kingsgurl several years ago as a Christmas present. It's next to THE COVER.

FAST BREAK KIDS by Harrison Woods

Omri will be better. Doesn't change the fact no one on the team is looking to pass the ball to him.

Just watch - Sacramento, where amazing(ly bad) happens

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Kings haven't won any games lately. Maybe they do have a lousy team like many of you have pointed out. Regardless of how bad they are they will play tomorrow night. And I'll watch.
You and me both. And there are going to be Kingsfans.com members in Arco tomorrow night as part of the discount ticket deal our own 6th was able to get for us.

GO KINGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.