Kings @ Chicago Game Thread 12/21, 5p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN just confirmed that this was NOT the biggest comeback in NBA history. Jazz had a 36 point comeback in 1996.
Was that Jazz victory on the road? No one was saying Kings victory tonight was biggest ever - only biggest ever on the road. Heck, even if not it will be LONG remembered:)

why !! the nba.com said

the greatest comeback in NBA history, Utah's rally from a 34-point halftime deficit against Denver on Nov. 27, 1996.

http://www.nba.com/games/20021206/DALLAL/recap.html
That was the halftime deficit. I've heard 36 was the biggest deficit.

At any rate, congrats to Sac, not easy to do under any circumstances. Even the MJ Bulls would've had a hard time pulling it off.

The Bulls outscoring someone by 35 is shocking enough.

I could not freakin' believe what I saw! OMG! :eek: I kept watching the game, because it was my Kings, but I was feeling that last season feeling. When they got closer and closer, I was just screaming so loud my dog had to leave the room. :D

I know there will be tough losses, too, but this was a moment to cherish forever. These guys have heart with no off-button and Tyreke has me believing maybe God doesn't hate the Kings so much any more. :D

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!

S

sactownfan

I just wanna say that i dont have the nba package and live in southern cal , i had to go out (im sick at the momment) to watch this game... it was the 4th game i've seen all year....

it was worth it

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Remember when the Kings always played hard and never gave up on the road no matter the opponent?

Yeah, that was a fun two weeks.
Much like your user name, I suspect this is one of those things you wish you hadn't said.

;)

I'm just now able to read the game thread, so forgive me if you've commented on this later in the thread.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep, definitely tough to watch. But in words of VF21 after every game like this: "if you don't expect a young team to have these inconsistencies once in a while, then you are definitely out of the ballpark, IMO. This team is playing together, learning together, and making mistakes together. Faten your seat belts, folks, because this team will take us for a wild ride! I LOVE THIS TEAM!"

just some words of inspiration
Any more clever comments, troll?

I was forced to leave the house by my parents to see my Grandma for Dinner during the fourth quarter... I was listening to the magic on the Radio and that I didn't give up on this team. I'm going to watch the 4th quarter on the second airing though... I'm just dumbfounded. I wonder how the Bulls and their fanbase feel...

Kings 35 pt comeback win and confirmed NBA records:

Biggest comeback in NBA history on the road.

Biggest second half deficit comeback in NBA history.

Second biggest comeback ever in any NBA game. 36 pt record recorded by a home team.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The first two quarters I think the Bulls missed like 3 or 4 shots. And that whole time I'm thinking "this is a team that can't shoot -- they've proven it again and again this year so why did we have to be the unlucky ones to actually play them on a night when the moon and stars align". Meanwhile we're missing ridiculous point blank layups one after another (I'm looking at you Spencer!) Sure enough the fourth quarter comes around and we go on a bit of a run and suddenly Chicago can't hit the broadside of a barn. Then they start getting rattled and turning the ball over on every posession. Once the 35 point lead was down to 13 I started to feel like we had this one in the bag. So we got the amazing win and Chicago got an unfortunate lesson in statistics. That's why I love basketball. No lead is big enough as long as there's a significant chunk of time left on the clock.

That was fun! Actually it was painful and embarassing for about 3 quarters and then it got fun, but oh did the victory taste so much sweeter because of it. Did you see the look on Vinny Del Negro's face at the end? That's not a game he's going to be able to forget any time soon. And I love how happy Kevin Martin looked on the sideline after those last free throws. He looked like a kid on Christmas morning.

Fortunately for me League Pass gave me the option to watch either the Kings broadcasters or the Bulls Broadcasters, so I've got the game with the Kings announcers all saved.
I think I might tape the game again, this time with the Bulls Broadcasters just so I can hear how they called this historic game.

What a game. I still have chills and am just overjoyed to have been able to watch what transpired this night.

Status
Not open for further replies.