Kings @ Chicago Game Thread 12/21, 5p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piksi didn't disappear, he just asked me to step in this time too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the ROY race between Jennings and Evans goes, that game should pretty much sum it up. I did some rooting around for a Bucks board to catch their perspective. I ended up reading through a thread on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal (or sentinal journal, I forget) site. Bucks fans nit-picked Evans, they pointed to his turnovers to prove that Jennings actually had a better game. Jennings even refused to give Evans cred in a post game interview saying, "look at the stats."

The Bucks fan base is in sad shape. Instead of taking great pleasure in watching the incredibly gifted point guard they just drafted, they are all in dread of him becoming a one horse show, ushering in the second age of Michael Redd. They place the loss squarely upon the shoulders of Andrew Bogut's sloppy final couple minutes and poor FT shooting. I Don't know about you, but he infuriated me with his solid play, and I would gladly watch him play for the Kings if Milwaukee wants to toss him aside.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I know we all love Evans, and appropriate credit should be given to him for hitting that game winner and playing like a beast, but where the he** did this super efficient shooting, defense playing cyborg that replaced Beno Udrih come from? Last year I was not impressed by his play. This year he seems to be flourishing in his super sub role. If he continues to play this way he could be a perennial sixth man candidate while we're in contention. JT was clutch. Hawes made me a little frustrated, but he didn't suck. And Omri has yet to miss the double figure scoring mark as a starter. Love that guy.

Isn't it awesome to believe that we could contend within two to three years? That may be a little soon, it really depends upon the moves our FO makes this year. One piece away. One super solid big man away. JT may even develop into our Aldridge. JT is making me start to think we don't need the superstar center, just a solid, borderline all-star center. It'll happen, I know it will.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards:

TDM: Carlos Delfino. Super annoying. High scorer for the Bucks (17 pts)

LW-VC: Charlie Bell. Sometimes he used to make an impact.

JHA: Andres Nocioni. What happened out there? Kind of a moody disappearing act. Up until he turned superfan in the final two minutes.

RA&1: Kurt Thomas. He gets this only because...

SAR Methuselah: Michael Redd wins this. I didn't even expect him to play. That was so sad. I mean, I'm glad he didn't show up helping us win, but to watch the shell of a great player perform is always depressing. His amazing shot was gone, his quickness was gone. Sad. Sad. Sad.

WTF moment(s) of the game: Why can't we hit a layup?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, bring on the Bulls. The Bulls have been struggling with injuries. Bad news is that they have just cleared everyone for full contact. T. Thomas, Hinrich, and Noah are all good to go. Whoopie. Maybe Brockman will be in good enough shape to push Noah around and make him think twice about trying to rule the paint. Wishful thinking I know, but Noah has been treating other front lines like a chew toy (he recently put up an 11pt, 20 rbd, 6 block line against the Lakers). Evans vs. Rose will be an interesting matchup, let's hope Rose doesn't return to rookie form on us. Hmmm... Winnable game, tough matchups.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probable Starters:

Kings / Bulls
Evans / Rose - As long as Rose doesn't have flashbacks, Evans easily wins.
Greene / Salmons - I think Greene starts because Noc was sucking wind, and a performing Donte is a mismatch that keeps Salmons the heck away from Evans.
Casspi / Deng - Casspi may get outplayed here. This is a big test for him.
Thompson / Miller - I think Thompson can handle it.
Hawes / Noah - HA! *worry, worry, worry*

Predictions:

Kings 101 Bulls 99
Pts: Evans 25, Deng 21
Asts: Evans 6, Rose 7
Rbds: Thompson 10, Noah 14
Blocks: Hawes 2, Noah 3

Come on guys, with a little effort you can pull this off. Take it one game at a time. Let's notch a road win and come back home feeling good. (Makes for better games against the Lakers and Cavs)

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
P

PoundForPound

must-win game to follow-up last night's triumph. we are falling out of the playoff race in the mighty west!

*bucks = 11-14 #6 seed in east.

*kings = 12-14 #11 seed in west.

111 - 105 Kings

Evans 30 pts, 5 rbds 6 ast 2 stls 4 TOs

would be interesting battle of the centers.. Hawes and BRAD a Race for the ZERO rebound award

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
and Evans has some trouble with Salmons too as I recall. this was back when we were still starting Beno next to him though so everybody was putting their best SG/SF defenders on him.

Also, the Bulls had been spiraling, but now have won 2 straight and may be stabilizing. Be a mistake to think we can just walk in there and waltz away with a victory. Have to go all out, because the schedule in the next 10 gamesd afetr this one is absolutely ridiculous.

Should be a pretty tough game. I have a feeling we could get dominated on the glass tonight so if we aren't hitting our shots we are in trouble. We get CSN Chicago here in Iowa so at least I'll be able to watch the game ;)

It would be awesome to win 2nd road game in a row. It will be a great confidence booster for the future road games.

This game is very winnable if we can prevent Noah from going nuts on our shaky defense.

Can we put Tyreke on him, please? He'll do better than any big man we have. Lolz.

What's up with Brock today? Is he playing? Any word? If not, why? Why not? He should, shouldn't he? Wouldn't it be great of he did? Hopefully he does, right? No reason not to, you know? Does his back still hurt? Let's hope not? I hope not.

It would be awesome to win 2nd road game in a row. It will be a great confidence booster for the future road games.

This game is very winnable if we can prevent Noah from going nuts on our shaky defense.

Can we put Tyreke on him, please? He'll do better than any big man we have. Lolz.

What's up with Brock today? Is he playing? Any word? If not, why? Why not? He should, shouldn't he? Wouldn't it be great of he did? Hopefully he does, right? No reason not to, you know? Does his back still hurt? Let's hope not? I hope not.

he has had back spasms and is listed day to day... so very doughtful.

I think Spencer really has something to prove tonight. He's been decent the last few games and has been a important figure in a few of our runs. The numbers still aren't there but its time to change that. He needs to stick it to Noah tonight since Noah embarrassed him last time.

Wassup people!! Home early from work so can watch the game. Damn these kids are so fun to watch... looking forward to just seeing them play.

We can win this one. Big win two nights ago got us over the hump in a close game on the road. Chicago is very beatable. We had a day of rest. I expect a win. GO KINGS!!!!

And we need Brock back asap!

Easily the hardest game intro this season.
???

Here, on radio, or on TV? These are always a little hard to put together. I compound the difficulty, because I re-read it 10 times and miss something grammatically every-single-time. Plus there's the predictions, the research, and the shifting starting line-ups, etc...

This should be a great game. Should be a slobber knocker.

???

Here, on radio, or on TV? These are always a little hard to put together. I compound the difficulty, because I re-read it 10 times and miss something grammatically every-single-time. Plus there's the predictions, the research, and the shifting starting line-ups, etc...

This should be a great game. Should be a slobber knocker.

Game intro with Tyreke Evans to get u pumped of before the game. It was hard, like it hit hard at home lol

Sorry for my South Sac slang

Status
Not open for further replies.