KingsFans Official Fantasy Basketball 2009

I'm out of touch with my sense of stats and up and coming players. If this league gets to around 20 and the spot is still open I'll be tempted to join. League isn't the same without Brick tough.
Brick's in the league. I was talking about G_M who won last year but decided not to play this year.

With you the total will be 16 teams... that's close to 20 in my book. ;)

Ok, so we need (at least) one more person to get an even number so Optimus can join.

Come on, be a part of the history. Cement your legacy. You know you want to make sure bricklayer doesn't win again. The defending champ has bowed out so we have a wide open field this year.

Speaking of which... why don't you come on back and recapture your 2004 magic? :)
I got my little brother to join as well. That should make it an even number.

I got my little brother to join as well. That should make it an even number.
If your brother wants to join have him sign up here if he hasn't already and wait for me to give him the ok before you give the password. There's still a few folks I'm waiting to hear from before I am 100% that we need someone to fill that spot.

Thanks!

In case anybody didn't catch the earlier mention, please note the current draft time:

The draft will be at 3:30 pm on Saturday, October 24.​
It's coming up in a few days, hope you're all ready! :)

Hopefully... it only depends on even/odd team numbers. I'll let you know sometime between now and next week.

Meanwhile, if anybody else wants in, speak soon or forever hold your peace.
Ok, turns out Dreadnought makes an odd number. So please, anybody who would like to play, pipe up.

My cut off for new entrants will be Thursday morning, just so I don't have any headaches Friday trying to fill an empty spot. So somebody help us out and get back to me by then! :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I haven't been in touch of stats or up and coming players since 2003. I'm in trouble :lol: I'l probably auto draft though.

Don't worry about it -- after the draft I'll make a point of it to come along and propose a trade to fix your roster for you. :D

We're back to an odd number. Do we have an 18th team or do we need help finding one. Wow 18 teams. Slim pickings on the waiver wire. Should we cut out one bench spot?

We're back to an odd number. Do we have an 18th team or do we need help finding one. Wow 18 teams. Slim pickings on the waiver wire. Should we cut out one bench spot?
Mad D is playing but just hasn't signed up yet.

And yeah, 18 teams is a lot. But I'm happy we've got good participation.

We've been playing with the same settings since I took over commissioner duties, so I'm hesitant to make a change this late in the game.

Mad D is playing but just hasn't signed up yet.

And yeah, 18 teams is a lot. But I'm happy we've got good participation.

We've been playing with the same settings since I took over commissioner duties, so I'm hesitant to make a change this late in the game.

I'm down for anything so no problem. It just means you're drafting guys like Chris Quinn, Kyle Weaver and Francisco Elson and your best available free agents are the Tony Batties and Quinton Ross's. I've played in a couple big leagues and it can get a little restrictive and inactive. Unless you have a lot of traders, you basically ride the same team all season. Just a thought.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm down for anything so no problem. It just means you're drafting guys like Chris Quinn, Kyle Weaver and Francisco Elson and your best available free agents are the Tony Batties and Quinton Ross's. I've played in a couple big leagues and it can get a little restrictive and inactive. Unless you have a lot of traders, you basically ride the same team all season. Just a thought.

Let's put it this way -- other than the public leagues, I almost always play 20 team leagues. Takes more skill than jsut draftng the same ole Top 100 characters again.

(was however one 20-man too hardcore, or more likely too amateur+inexperienced for me to test this season -- guy wanted a 20team league...wiht 18 deep rosters. 360 deep in the draft. Which would basically be every single active player in the NBA (30teamsx12=360).

Let's put it this way -- other than the public leagues, I almost always play 20 team leagues. Takes more skill than jsut draftng the same ole Top 100 characters again.

(was however one 20-man too hardcore, or more likely too amateur+inexperienced for me to test this season -- guy wanted a 20team league...wiht 18 deep rosters. 360 deep in the draft. Which would basically be every single active player in the NBA (30teamsx12=360).
Not sure I totally agree. It's definitely more of a challenge than a smaller league but you get too big and it becomes more a matter of draft position and luck with injuries than anything else. You end up in the back half of the first round and it can be a real challenge. With 18 teams (15 man rosters) you've got 270 or the top 9 from every team. That basically means every rotational player in the league. Which means maybe a couple legitimate fa's. I like the challenge. I just think it can get a little boring.

I'm inclined to agree with sdballer here, at least as a general thought. Too late to change this league, and I don't really mess with settings much anyway, but with that many players taken it does seem like it would make the draft and injuries count for much more than anything else.

And of course the solution in my mind would be to reduce the rosters, not the number of teams.

I also considered making the playoffs 8 teams instead of 6. With 18 teams I think 8 would have been fine, and it only removes byes from the top two teams. But again, I just thought of it yesterday so I felt like that was too late to make a change. I don't like changing rules near or after the draft.

I'm inclined to agree with sdballer here, at least as a general thought. Too late to change this league, and I don't really mess with settings much anyway, but with that many players taken it does seem like it would make the draft and injuries count for much more than anything else.

And of course the solution in my mind would be to reduce the rosters, not the number of teams.

I also considered making the playoffs 8 teams instead of 6. With 18 teams I think 8 would have been fine, and it only removes byes from the top two teams. But again, I just thought of it yesterday so I felt like that was too late to make a change. I don't like changing rules near or after the draft.
Fair enough. It will just make my Inevitable win from a late draft position that much more impressive.

Ahh... man. I just realized I won't be able to make the draft today. Going with the kids to carve pumpkins with family @ 3. :(

Hope you all have fun.

Oh my that was a bad auto-draft. I have one person who plays PG and two who play C. Everybody on my bench is an SG,SF.

This is going to be a long year.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Oh my that was a bad auto-draft. I have one person who plays PG and two who play C. Everybody on my bench is an SG,SF.

This is going to be a long year.
Yeah, I saw that ugly string of benchers there. Good luck on filling out your roster!

I've got a few extra pgs and c if you want to offer something.
Cool... when I have time I'll take a look.

I might also even consider a very good PG and very good C for Kobe, but I don't know if I'll have time in the near future to research a good trade.

hey i m for this made a yahoo account for this fantasy league and i forgot my username/email.. can anyone please tell me if it says my email under my profile or anything.. because i know the password i just forgot the email.

edit**nevermind i got it.. lol wow i should not of autodrafted my team is TERRIBLE..

Last edited:
Ok i need to make something of this team i got ..

Chris Paul is now on the trading block, I want two good players for him or three solid players. preferrably (C,PF,SF)

Damn I completely forgot about this! Granger would probably have been my first pick anyway, but other than that, I'm not overly crazy about my team. Oh well, I'll have to make do. I'm still not entirely sure how this thing works