Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Kingster

Hall of Famer
btw if anybody wanted to know, this is omri caspi stats from the last here in maccabi :)

League-
played 21 games
avg of 23.6 minutes
12.6 points
4.4 ribounds
1.8 assists

Euro League-
16 games
17.4 minutes
10.3 points
3.1 ribound
0.4 assists

if you want anymore details bout how his playing or anything bout him you can ask me ;)

From Israel. :D
Great. He looks like a tough, emotional dude. That's what we need. Also, what we really need to know is what kind of military training he's had, so if he gets mad at the ref we can know what to expect.;)

Last edited:
Buddinger has bust written all over him. Shooters who can't handle don't make it the NBA. Even Morrow and Korver have decent ball skills. Add in the fact that hes soft and despite his athleticism doesn't take the ball to the basket and you got a bust. If you are looking for a shooter in the second round I would go with Christmas over Buddinger.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
As someone else said, he's very tough, hardnosed. Definitely has limitations in terms of defense and creating his own offense, but heck, it's the 38th pick. I wonder how often the 38th pick even makes the team...

As someone else said, he's very tough, hardnosed. Definitely has limitations in terms of defense and creating his own offense, but heck, it's the 38th pick. I wonder how often the 38th pick even makes the team...
We have a number of roster spots which we'll need to fill, and ideally for cheap.
We need a third big. I wish Brockman was known as a defensive person as well, but at least he should be able to rebound.

I think he'll make the roster.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Brockman is a better pick than Patrick Ewing Jr. I always figured we would go after another big through free agency anyway. Outside of Thabeet and Griffin this has to be the worst draft ever for big men.

Sigh. 1 pick away from Blair :(

I doubt Brockman makes the team. At least we managed to get Sergio with a 2nd round pick, much better value with him then the players Petrie wastes second rounders on typically.

No, he'll make the team unless something unusual happens. We aren't even at the minimum for the amount of players you need on the roster yet. Now we should probably bring Diogu back and make sure he wasn't just a one hit wonder.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I am not happy. I don't like Spanish players but Rubio is very, very talented and will be very good player. He would have given us what we need which is not having to rely on Udrih/Rodrigues. Sergio is a backup for Rubio and I don't get why You would settle for back up when You can have a starter.

I didn't follow Evans much and he still might turn out to be good but we already have enough players that play that position. And I don't care if he is good or not - he has to start - no excuses, bringing him up slowly - any of that crap. Can one ball be enough for him and KM ?

The Israeli kid is a very intriguing prospect. We could really use a player like that but then again what will we do with Cisco. If he stays an extra year - the pick is wasted in our situation.

The 2nd rounder will probably end up just like all the other we had in the recent past.

It is typical that in a PG only draft the one team that really badly needs a PG (us) doesn't draft one.

I am afraid that we picked a "Marvin Williams" in front of "Derron Williams"

Buddinger has bust written all over him. Shooters who can't handle don't make it the NBA. Even Morrow and Korver have decent ball skills. Add in the fact that hes soft and despite his athleticism doesn't take the ball to the basket and you got a bust. If you are looking for a shooter in the second round I would go with Christmas over Buddinger.
Someone I wanted a few years back who can't handle the ball very well is Steve Novack. He's finally making a name for himself when getting the minutes.. I wouldn't mind if we got a guy like him off the bench for us.

why did we pick brockman?? why not a flyer on a int'l player or calathes?? stash em overseas for a few years then bring em over when we are rdy to compete.. 6'7 PF?!? god....... what a way to blow a draft pick

why did we pick brockman?? why not a flyer on a int'l player or calathes?? stash em overseas for a few years then bring em over when we are rdy to compete.. 6'7 PF?!? god....... what a way to blow a draft pick

like petrie uses his 2nd round picks any ways :rolleyes:

is there any chance casspi plays for us THIS year? with his contract?

Great. He looks like a tough, emotional dude. That's what we need. Also, what we really need to know is what kind of military training he's had, so if he gets mad at the ref we can know what to expect.;)
From what I heard, all Israel military personnel is required to train in Krav Maga. Here's a sample of what Krav Maga is if you're not familiar with it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s12A3iffL6A&feature=related
(Skip to about 3:15 for the actual fight)

Poor refs don't even have a clue what's coming at them :p

Pretty much the same as last year with a couple added bench players.

It's looking to be a "let the young guys start and we will see what we have at the end of the year" type of year.. Looking forward to another 20 win season.
with casspi coming over this year.. where does that leave donte? or noc? i see some people being dealt to another team..