Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not a fan of anybody; I said seven months ago that this was going to be the Pervis Ellison draft all over again. I don't think there's a single can't-miss player in this draft, not even Griffin. I do believe that Evans was the best player available; I honestly believe that he's going to be a better NBA player than Rubio, but I'm far from thinking that he's a lock.

Evans has the more upside between the two, in my opinion, but let's not get it ****ed up: there is no Dywane Wade in this draft.

btw if anybody wanted to know, this is omri caspi stats from the last here in maccabi :)

League-
played 21 games
avg of 23.6 minutes
12.6 points
4.4 ribounds
1.8 assists

Euro League-
16 games
17.4 minutes
10.3 points
3.1 ribound
0.4 assists

if you want anymore details bout how his playing or anything bout him you can ask me ;)

From Israel. :D

Mayo doesn't have the athletic ability of Evans. Evans is sooo much of a better finisher than Mayo it isn't funny. Also, a much better defender. Also, a better creator. Mayo is a better shooter.
Mayo is more athletic then Evans if anything. Don't make me bust out combine stats on you. Mayo average half an assist less while playing with a far better guard next to him at USC. Evans is a better finisher but both guys can get past their defender and get to the basket with great ball handling. Evans is probably a better defender but he isn't great on that end.

What exactly do you mean when you say he will "always be a SG"? What about the fact that he played the point in high school and most of his year in college?

I was able to scout him when I had my mock site up and running out of high school. He DID play guard in HS although it was not traditional PG in the sense that he brought it up and distributed it. It was basically him bringing the ball up to the high post or the elbow and shooting a jumper or driving himself. He did on occasion pass to a cutter when he was doubled. Pretty much the same way he looked in college if you caught his games. You think of him as a ball handler rather than a pure PG.

btw if anybody wanted to know, this is omri caspi stats from the last here in maccabi :)

League-
played 21 games
avg of 23.6 minutes
12.6 points
4.4 ribounds
1.8 assists

Euro League-
16 games
17.4 minutes
10.3 points
3.1 ribound
0.4 assists

if you want anymore details bout how his playing or anything bout him you can ask me ;)

Nice man. could you write up a little scouting report on him please?

League-
played 21 games
avg of 23.6 minutes
12.6 points
4.4 ribounds
1.8 assists

Euro League-
16 games
17.4 minutes
10.3 points
3.1 ribound
0.4 assists

Who do you think he most compares to in the NBA? I've heard a few people say his game is similar to Nocioni except without as good of a shot, is this accurate?