Best 4th quarter "finishers" in this draft?

I have to go with Harden. Pass, shoot, penetrate, draws fouls. This is one area the Kings are deeply lacking.

Flynn is a close second, but his height plays and issue.

And you expect our coach to sit Martin down in crunchtime? Regardless of how well he finishes, you need your best players on the floor.

I like Harden, but what do we do with him?

Flynns height isn't gonna be an issue. He is over 6 feet, about average for an NBA PG. No smaller than guys like Paul or Brooks. He's got great athleticism; jumping ability and speed are great. Great heart and leadership. I like Flynn at 4.

Don't tell Flynn his height is an issue. I would take Flynn above Harden simply because he did his clutch play in the Tourney, the biggest time of the year. Harden didn't.

However, let's be real - clutch in college is different than clutch in the NBA. However, still something we should look at - just not put too much stock into it.

Harden? Really? I don't recall him being so great in the late second half. If anything he struggled to create when the defense was really keying on him. I remember one time in crunchtime when he blew by Jrue Holiday, but other than that I don't see why you think he's particularly impressive in crunch time.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Harden? Really? I don't recall him being so great in the late second half. If anything he struggled to create when the defense was really keying on him. I remember one time in crunchtime when he blew by Jrue Holiday, but other than that I don't see why you think he's particularly impressive in crunch time.
I think he was saying that he's the type of player you like to have on the floor at crunch time because of his overall skill set. Not necessarily because he himself would score a winning basket. I know thats not how the thread reads, but thats my take on it. As for drafting him at four or whereever, I think it just depends on whether you think he's the best player available at that point, regardless of position.

I think he was saying that he's the type of player you like to have on the floor at crunch time because of his overall skill set. Not necessarily because he himself would score a winning basket. I know thats not how the thread reads, but thats my take on it. As for drafting him at four or whereever, I think it just depends on whether you think he's the best player available at that point, regardless of position.
But I actually think Harden is more of a first-47 minute type player than someone you want with the ball in crunch time. He's very good within the flow of his offense, but he's not someone who excels at creating his own shot, particularly when he's being well-defended.

I agree with BPA usually, but I still feel like a backup SG is a waste of a #4 because they're just never going to get the minutes to develop and make the pick worthwhile.

Harden? Hardly.

This guy was 3-18FG(17%) in March Madness. FT was 12-17FT(70%). Forget about not performing in the final 10 minutes, this guy didn't perform in the final 2 games.

I see no reason why Martin and Harden can't share the wing positions together, ESPECIALLY during crunch time.
Uhhhhh... no. Offensively neither guy is good at creating their own shot, defensively they'd be ridiculously bad. Let's put Martin on LeBron in crunch time! Good call, Smills91!!

And you expect our coach to sit Martin down in crunchtime? Regardless of how well he finishes, you need your best players on the floor.

I like Harden, but what do we do with him?
You put Harden in for possibly the only player worse than Brad Miller at last second shots... Andres Nocioni (I don't really believe that but It sure looks like it).

I also agree about Stephen Curry and would add Flynn and Teague because they can always get their own shot due to their quickness, but it's kind of a strange draft because there aren't many wings who are particularly good shot creators, who is normally who you count upon to take the last shot. Evans is more of a driver/finisher than a midrange shooter, DeRozan isn't there yet, and that's about it in terms of top guards.

I also like Curry and Flynn in this 'closer' category. Also worth mentioning is Dionte Christmas, he hit a bunch of big shots at Temple...of the NON-lottery players.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Uhhhhh... no. Offensively neither guy is good at creating their own shot, defensively they'd be ridiculously bad. Let's put Martin on LeBron in crunch time! Good call, Smills91!!
Uhhh, of the two, I would put Harden on LeBron over Martin. Just on sheer strength. But there aren't too many people that can guard LeBron.

How about Eric Maynor?

Did anybody remember how he rallied VCU to win a game by doing almost everything in the last 2 minutes? Points, getting fouled, FT, defense, steal, and hustle that's the kind of spirit you want to see playing in the final minutes.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yup I think both Maynor and Christmas need to get at least a bit of recognition in this thread
I'm a big fan of Christmas. Great shooter and finisher. But if were looking at just pure shooters, then you have to include Ellington in the group. He and Curry may be the two best shooters in the draft.