Kings get #4 pick

This is how I think lottery should work. Bottom 5 teams in a lottery for 1st pick and then go in reverse order of record. So the worst that the bottom team could get is 2nd, but they likely would not get 1st.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Actually we more or less did. We traded away our good players(Ron etc), we dumped our coach for Kenny freaking Natt, and people here more or less cheered for losses. This proves tanking is worthless.
It's not tanking if you just plain suck. We were not a playoff team with the players we had, or a .500 team, or anything close to it. We didn't tank, we were bad.

And people need to get off this "we shouldn't have traded those guys" nonsense. We had those guys the whole 2006-2007 season, and what did it get us? The tenth pick, is what it got us. We had them again in 2007-2008, and all it got us was the twelfth pick. People seriously need to get off this revisionist history nonsense and recognize the facts: those guys may have been able to contribute elsewhere, but on the Kings, they were less than the sum of their parts.

And, for crying out loud, learn to tell the difference between a rebuild and tanking. Seriously.

2009 Draft Lotto =

d-e-v-a-s-t-a-t-i-n-g
Without a doubt. There really isn't a positive spin to put on this one. Maybe I'm overstating it, but this is really a low point in the franchise. Now lets see what Petrie can really do. He really needs to get creative this off season. We can't have another year like last or it could be devistating for the future of the franchise.

I guess I'm the first person to think it's a bit coincidental that we got the #4 pick. Who else was #4? hmmmm.... WEBBER IS BAD LUCK! GTFO!

I literally shouted "F---" so loud as soon as I saw the Kings logo appear out of that sh1tbag envelope that my neighbors probably called the police... :eek:

Ricky Berry...Bobby Hurley...Game 6...

It's getting to feel like we're sorta doomed, guys....
I know look what happen to poor Wayman Tisdale, cut down in the prime of his life.

Brian Grant has terrible condition, and he seems like such a decent fellow.

Maloof had two knees replaced.

Wasn't the old Arco built on an ancient indian burial ground???

We were title bound and then C-Webb blew up his knee.

Let's all just take up chess, rooting for the Kings is bad for your (psychological) health.

Actually we more or less did. We traded away our good players(Ron etc), we dumped our coach for Kenny freaking Natt, and people here more or less cheered for losses. This proves tanking is worthless.

And I HATE YOU CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!
actually, we didnt. we traded ron because he didnt fit, and he was hogging the ball, stifling the offense, and because everyone chimed in for his head. we dumped THEUS because he is not an NBA caliber coach, and our cheering for losses has nothing to do with whether or not management decides to win or tank.

this is utter bs. the only consolation is that it still wont get the Clippers anywhere.

I'm not even sure the Clippers will get Griffin, because they literally are loaded with tons of starting-caliber bigs on that team. If the goal is to get the BPA, I guess he is it, but I think they're better served with a pass first PG like Rubio--Baron's breaking down, and they really have no pass-first guy besides him. I think they'll trade a big this summer (Kaman? Camby?) but even with that there aren't enough minutes to partition for a guy like Griffin. They should either trade down to the #2 slot to get Rubio (Memphis can use Griffin) or draft Rubio with the #1.

As for us, Thabeet seems reasonable for those who appreciate the Gambit theory. While Rubio is preferable, I think the Clippers or the Grizz will take him (both are in need of point guards in some form), so throw any trade ideas for him out the window, pretty much. Other than that, I'm just not too enthusiastic about the rest--nothing leaps out as instant star quality, just raw potential wings with bad habits (DeRozan, Evans), certified scorers (Harden, Jennings), or energizer bigs (Hill), none of which we truly need. I like Stephen Curry quite a bit, but I think he might be a reach--if we go that direction we ought to trade down to get more value.

Last edited:
It's not tanking if you just plain suck. We were not a playoff team with the players we had, or a .500 team, or anything close to it. We didn't tank, we were bad.

And people need to get off this "we shouldn't have traded those guys" nonsense. We had those guys the whole 2006-2007 season, and what did it get us? The tenth pick, is what it got us. We had them again in 2007-2008, and all it got us was the twelfth pick. People seriously need to get off this revisionist history nonsense and recognize the facts: those guys may have been able to contribute elsewhere, but on the Kings, they were less than the sum of their parts.

And, for crying out loud, learn to tell the difference between a rebuild and tanking. Seriously.

To be honest the only guy I was really against trading was Ron, but I don't want to hijack the thread. But seriously, just because you're rebuilding doesn't mean you're not tanking. The Celtics tanked the year before they traded for KG and Ray and won the title. So did Memphis that year. I mean rebuilding teams tank all the time. So it's not like you're saying, there's a gray line between the 2 of those situations.

Thank you!

I wasn't refering necessarily that we did tank it. But for all those people who said we should tank it, this is what happens and why its not worth it.

No need to freak out

We'll see what time has in store. It could be the guy drafted at 4 is the best guy or maybe just by not being good for another year we will be in better shape next year in a stronger draft.

I'm bummed, but we didn't lose on the Lebron lottery.

We pretty much secured our fate.. The team will continue to suck out loud, and the Kings will move..

Find yourself a new team folks.. the Sacramento Kings will be no more.

I wasn't refering necessarily that we did tank it. But for all those people who said we should tank it, this is what happens and why its not worth it.
if your odds are a LONGSHOT to even be in the top 10 in the WEST, then why would it not be worth it? Who likes seeing the Kings win if they don't even make the playoffs? I sure as hell don't. :confused:

we'll either trade it or get brandon jennings. And whats funny is that, last year, if we heard that we would be getting brandon jennings, just about everyone would be elated. lol. fml.:rolleyes:

I guess I'm the first person to think it's a bit coincidental that we got the #4 pick. Who else was #4? hmmmm.... WEBBER IS BAD LUCK! GTFO!

I literally shouted "F---" so loud as soon as I saw the Kings logo appear out of that sh1tbag envelope that my neighbors probably called the police... :eek:
same exact thing here man :mad:

as if the city of Sacramento that I've lived in my whole life (since 1983) can get any worse?! Get the god damned Kings.. wooops... (I meant Queens) the hell out of here..

I want an NFL TEAM NOW!
Hockey anyone? :eek: