Lotto day countdown!

It's a half-hour show LIVE starting at 8 eastern. That means you'll most likely have to stick it through for 30 more minutes because they won't announce the last two until as late in the program as possible. Need to squeeze all those commercials in, you know.

:)
I believe there's only one break in between the 4-14 picks and the 1-3 picks.

It's a half-hour show LIVE starting at 8 eastern. That means you'll most likely have to stick it through for 30 more minutes because they won't announce the last two until as late in the program as possible. Need to squeeze all those commercials in, you know.

:)
Really? It's an actual show and not at halftime?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
According to my onscreen guide from DishNetwork, the "2008 NBA Draft Lottery" will broadcast from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on ESPN, right after "NBA Shootaround" and before "NBA basketball"...

Oh wow, thanks for the headsup. I thought the time was when the actual lottery was happening, like behind the scenes, then they'd reveal the order at halftime.

Thanks again, and sorry for some bad info if anybody actually read my posts in this thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The listing on ESPN.com is misleading, too... they're talking about their coverage starting with the shootaround show, not the actual lottery show...

The latest information I can find says the 5:30-6 time slot is correct.

:D

So with the information we have, it seems that the lottery should be over at about 8:30, Eastern time? Sorry for constantly referring to ET, it's the only one I can currently manage without having to get all mixed up! :eek:

So with the information we have, it seems that the lottery should be over at about 8:30, Eastern time? Sorry for constantly referring to ET, it's the only one I can currently manage without having to get all mixed up! :eek:
Well, if VF's listing is correct, it might not be over until 9 PM ET.

I did it just once. Kings are getting getting Blake Griffin.

I did it last year, and miraculously the Bulls got Derrick Rose, it was a bit more than one try that time though.

Ok, I did my one and got the #1 pick. Hopefully that's a good sign for the night. Hmmmm, maybe I should go do some volunteer work real quick to increase our karma.
Just for fun and the hell of it I did it 3 times in a row from the screen where they automatically give the Kings the first pick and no joke I got the Kings getting the number 1 pick 3 times in a row. Also I have been reading a lot of articles about how the Kings need the pick the most them or the Wizards. For some reason I think Stern is going to help us and get us that number 1 or number 2 pick. If he gives us Griffin and the Wizard's Rubio it's a win win we will see in another hour won't we. God I hate this come on ping pong balls Griffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for fun and the hell of it I did it 3 times in a row from the screen where they automatically give the Kings the first pick and no joke I got the Kings getting the number 1 pick 3 times in a row. Also I have been reading a lot of articles about how the Kings need the pick the most them or the Wizards. For some reason I think Stern is going to help us and get us that number 1 or number 2 pick. If he gives us Griffin and the Wizard's Rubio it's a win win we will see in another hour won't we. God I hate this come on ping pong balls Griffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think it will be rigged, but we need 1 or 2. Getting Griffin or Rubio gives us two potential stars and really ups the excitement level on our team next year. Selling tickets and getting the fans reengaged will be as important as anything else. Especially if we want to keep the team in Sac.

Did anyone see the Psychic on Fox 40 morning news a few days ago? Mark Dempsky went and interviewed a Psychic to see who she thinks will win the lottery (she apparently had no prior knowledge of the NBA). She said that the future of the Kings all rests on Kevin Martins energy and that if he harnesses a good energy we WILL win the lottery. She said Kevin needs to talk a salt bath in order to harness much positive energy and ensure us winning... haha

I'm going to start watching NBA Shootaround before the lottery. They will talk about who each team might take and possible things that might go down on draft day...so heads up for everyone whos interested in that kind of thing.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Did anyone see the Psychic on Fox 40 morning news a few days ago? Mark Dempsky went and interviewed a Psychic to see who she thinks will win the lottery (she apparently had no prior knowledge of the NBA).
I really, really, really wish I could say that this psychic's predictions would be a less useful indicator of the outcome of the lottery than pressing the button on a web-based lottery simulator. Unfortunately, they are equally useful.