and with the #1 pick in the 2009 NBA draft the Kings select...

Yeah, especially foreign guys who might not have even been to America much shouldn't expect to go to New York or LA. I mean Lebron went to Cleveland and has played there for 5 years I think,so they don't get to complain.

I don't know, I just don't think any player should be allowed to pick and choose where they go, European or American. It's silly. You go where you're chosen. They're the team that wanted you the most. If things don't work out, it's not as if you have to stay with them for your full career.

I don't think we'll hear this sort of thing out of Rubios camp, though. At least I hope not. I'd be really disheartened.

I don't know, I just don't think any player should be allowed to pick and choose where they go, European or American. It's silly. You go where you're chosen. They're the team that wanted you the most. If things don't work out, it's not as if you have to stay with them for your full career.

I don't think we'll hear this sort of thing out of Rubios camp, though. At least I hope not. I'd be really disheartened.
I wasn't trying to say that anyone should be able to choose where they go one bit. I meant that when people who have barely even been here or maybe haven't ever and say they only want to go to a big city, it makes it even more absurd.

I wasn't trying to say that anyone should be able to choose where they go one bit. I meant that when people who have barely even been here or maybe haven't ever and say they only want to go to a big city, it makes it even more absurd.

Oh I know, I wasn't trying to insinuate that. I just think that there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You go to the team who chose you. Simple as.

Whoa....6' 11 wingspan on a 6'5 guard. Doubyesque haha.
Says he's slimmed down too. Maybe he'll show himself to be more athletic at the combine?

Article has me a lil hyped on the options should we get pick 3 or 4.
I have to admit, after reading the article I became intrigued by Harden. However, he wouldn't really have a role on our team right now with Martin.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I know I'm gonna get some hate but....

...If Hardin shows he can be a starting 2 guard for us I'm way down with trading Martin.

Kevin is a great scorer, but he's fragile and doesnt do ANYTHING but put points up. And he doesnt even really put points up in a game changing way. Didnt he score his first 50point game in a loss to the Wolves? Hardin (if he succeeds) projects to be a far more multi-dimensional player then Martin.

I'm not saying I'd give up Martin for Hardin right away. Thats just silly. But if Hardin is the BPA when we pick 4th, I say take him and see what he shows. Minutes will be tight, but he'd probably get a chance to shine when Martin goes down with his requisite injuries....And if he shows enough to make our biggest trade chip expendable, right on.

It's not a bad strategy. I'm just concerned about the WHAT IF factor. What if he doesn't pan out to be better and more all around than Martin? What if he's a bust? What if his ceiling is a Rashad McCants type player?

Then we waste our lottery pick.

Granted, Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet and Jennings might turn out as busts as well, but at least we are attempting to fill a need.

The x factor for Kevin Martin is he scores so many points at the free throw line. Getting to the line 10+ times per game is superstar level production, and that gets the other team's players in foul trouble too. That is why he is such a special player, yet is often overlooked.

It's not a bad strategy. I'm just concerned about the WHAT IF factor. What if he doesn't pan out to be better and more all around than Martin? What if he's a bust? What if his ceiling is a Rashad McCants type player?

Granted, Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet and Jennings might turn out as busts as well, but at least we are attempting to fill a need.
He's not like Rashad McCants. McCants has always been a pretty bad character guy. Harden is a good character guy and works hard. There isn't really much to compare between the two.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The x factor for Kevin Martin is he scores so many points at the free throw line. Getting to the line 10+ times per game is superstar level production, and that gets the other team's players in foul trouble too. That is why he is such a special player, yet is often overlooked.
Very true. And I realize that he is a very special player....at scoring. He's below average at pretty much everything else though. Granted SG is probably the position where you can most get away with a one deminsional scorer. Its just that our roster ATM doesnt really have any guys to pick up the slack of Martin in other areas (rebounding, D, assists).

My scenario for trading Martin is:
IF we end up with pick 4, and Harden is BPA
IF Martin gets injured during the season, freeing up minutes for Harden
IF Harden shows some truely legit flashes when he gets the chance
IF we get a hard to turn down trade (Martin for a good young 3, PG, or big).

A lot of big IFs.

And hopefully all of them will be made moot when we get a top two pick :p

Word is that Ricky Rubio injured his leg today in a game against Madrid... Apparently their are no reports yet but the game just ended and if figure they will be up soon. I'm getting this from a guy who lives in Spain and was watching the game. If its true and its bad this could mean his stock drops which in turn means no 2009 Draft...

This league is now a PG's league. If the CHI-BOS series didn't tell you that, then HOU staying in the LA series with about 6 healthy guys just because their young PG Brooks owns D Fish every night should.

Getting anything other than Rubio here would be a major, major disappointment. (let's leave Griffin out, we all know we're not rolling the #1)

gunks

Hall of Famer
Brooks is a minibeast. I think size is overrated at the point if you can make up for it in speed.

Any shortish, quick PG drops to our Houstin pick, I say we take them. There is a few isnt there?

So.... you were OK taking Joe Kleine over Karl Malone, because he filled a need.:D

This league is now a PG's league. If the CHI-BOS series didn't tell you that, then HOU staying in the LA series with about 6 healthy guys just because their young PG Brooks owns D Fish every night should.

Getting anything other than Rubio here would be a major, major disappointment. (let's leave Griffin out, we all know we're not rolling the #1)
Dude, how could you not mention Billups at Denver. He has singlehandedly turned that team around. By the way. The Laker's could be in trouble trying to beat Denver. Denver is on a roll and their taking no prisoners. Could be a moot point if LA can't get past Houston.

I'm a big fan of Hardin. Whether I would take him a number 4, I'm not sure, but I might. As far as being a better all around player, he's been compared to Brandon Roy. He has point guard skills, and basicly played point guart for Arizona St. By that, I mean the offense ran through him. He was a very good defender in college and a good rebounder for a 2 guard. He's been knocked for his below average shooting percentage, but he has great technic and I think some of his poor shooting percentage came from having to force up a last minute shot with a hand in his face. He also was double teamed a lot in his sophmore year

The main knock on him was that he had below average athleticism. I'm sure that will be determined at the pre-draft camp and at the team workouts. I believe he'll be a good NBA player. How good is the question.

Word is that Ricky Rubio injured his leg today in a game against Madrid... Apparently their are no reports yet but the game just ended and if figure they will be up soon. I'm getting this from a guy who lives in Spain and was watching the game. If its true and its bad this could mean his stock drops which in turn means no 2009 Draft...
Rubio sprained his groin, and didn't return to the game. He did return to the bench. No word on how serious a sprain it is, but its certainly not anything that would affect his career.

Rubio sprained his groin, and didn't return to the game. He did return to the bench. No word on how serious a sprain it is, but its certainly not anything that would affect his career.
Its not about his career thoe. Its about this years draft. Its in a little over a month and if he is injured during pre draft workouts and evaluations his stock might drop. Sometimes injuries don't affect that, for instance Kenyon Martin, but it could. Actually he might not make it to the combine anyways so nvd.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Hardin. Whether I would take him a number 4, I'm not sure, but I might. As far as being a better all around player, he's been compared to Brandon Roy. He has point guard skills, and basicly played point guart for Arizona St. By that, I mean the offense ran through him. He was a very good defender in college and a good rebounder for a 2 guard. He's been knocked for his below average shooting percentage, but he has great technic and I think some of his poor shooting percentage came from having to force up a last minute shot with a hand in his face. He also was double teamed a lot in his sophmore year

The main knock on him was that he had below average athleticism. I'm sure that will be determined at the pre-draft camp and at the team workouts. I believe he'll be a good NBA player. How good is the question.
Yeah, I agree. My major concern is there are many players who are the best in College but sometimes they don't translate to the NBA. So I guess before we would trade Martin we would have to be 100% sure that his game would.

BTW, everyone knows Kleine is better than the Mailman..

;)

:p

I don't know how I feel about Harden. He's not as athletic as Roy, and that could be a problem. Also, Harden's ballhandling most definitely is a weakness, whereas Roy is a pretty good ballhandler. The comparison isn't a bad one, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Harden being as good as Roy. That said, you just don't know. He might turn out to be even better.