2009 NBA Playoffs Thread

with game 7 who has the advantage? the young bulls or the celts?

sure home court the celts.. id say the bulls have the momentum going for them plus the youth? you think celts can come out with fresh legs on game 7?

damn its dejavu for the celts again... they just keep struggling at the first round

with game 7 who has the advantage? the young bulls or the celts?

sure home court the celts.. id say the bulls have the momentum going for them plus the youth? you think celts can come out with fresh legs on game 7?

damn its dejavu for the celts again... they just keep struggling at the first round
If you add KG into the equation it wouldn't even be close...

Amazing game in one of the greatest playoff series of all-time.

What's with all the Boston hate? Boston prevented the fakers from winning the championship last year which is what a Kings fan should want to see.

I'm rooting for Boston because my cousin has been a longtime fan. Also, Boston can beat fakers in the finals if they were to meet, unlike the Bulls.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If Dwight Howard is suspended a game Rondo should be suspended. It's BS. This league is BS.

Oh please -- there was a clear difference. Rondo tryied to stop a game winning hoop. Howard threw his elbow completely outside of play, after the shot and the rebound was already secured. No comparison.

If Dwight Howard is suspended a game Rondo should be suspended. It's BS. This league is BS.
Thats just a rediculous thing to say ... The league deffinetly has its issues, but those two plays were totally different. If you want to give Rondo a flagrant then fine, do it. A suspension would have been on the same level as the Suns suspensions for leaving the bench a few years back. I also love how so many people assume a flagrant foul would have resulted in a Bulls win, you still have to make the shot.

Im also not sure why Boston is getting so much hate, Unless its just that people here want Miller and Salmons to win.. which is absolutely fine. Dont forget though, Celtics have Mikki =]... I guess when your a fan of a team you never really understand why people dont like them..

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Im also not sure why Boston is getting so much hate, Unless its just that people here want Miller and Salmons to win.. which is absolutely fine. Dont forget though, Celtics have Mikki =]... I guess when your a fan of a team you never really understand why people dont like them..
It's not about hating Boston. As I have said several times, I was a Celtics fan for a long time before the Kings came to Sacramento. I like the Boston Celtics - a lot. My dislike of Marbury, however, is much deeper. I cannot root for a team with him on the roster. Sorry.

It's not about hating Boston. As I have said several times, I was a Celtics fan for a long time before the Kings came to Sacramento. I like the Boston Celtics - a lot. My dislike of Marbury, however, is much deeper. I cannot root for a team with him on the roster. Sorry.
A couple questions: What spurred the hatred and if Kings were to sign them, would you still root for the Kings?

Bricklayer

A couple questions: What spurred the hatred and if Kings were to sign them, would you still root for the Kings?

Marbury deserves jsut about any hate anybody is going to throw at him, but he's such a minor piece that making that a tipping point is odd. I remember people complianing vociferously when it was proposed we trade for him as na expiring contrqact -- just makes no sense. He doesn't matter to us or to Boston. Just filling a slot.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I won't root for him to get the jewelry. The Celtics did it last year so I have no problem at all cheering on a different team. I'd love to see Chicago go deep into the playoffs, but I honestly think it's gonna be Lebron vs. Kobe in June.

Oh please -- there was a clear difference. Rondo tryied to stop a game winning hoop. Howard threw his elbow completely outside of play, after the shot and the rebound was already secured. No comparison.
I dunno about Merdiesel, but I was referring more to the play in tonight's game when Rondo threw Hinrich into the scorer's table. That was intentional and dirty.

writing is already on the wall

The Lakers are going to crush the Rockets in 5 games. LBJ and Co. are going to cruise through the Eastern Conference playoff. Then we will all see David Stern's dream match up, Kobe vs LBJ, in the NBA Final. Kobe will lead the Lakers to win the championship in six games. Either Kobe or LBJ will win the post season mvp. Two days after winning the 2009 NBA championship, a new Youtube video will show Kobe rapping a song dissing Shaq.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I dunno about Merdiesel, but I was referring more to the play in tonight's game when Rondo threw Hinrich into the scorer's table. That was intentional and dirty.
It was a little dirty, but that stuff happens in the playoffs. I think he might get fined 10k, but no way the nba suspends him. This has been one of the best series in recent memory, and I for one can't wait for game 7. I want Rondo out there, and I want the Bulls to take it from them on their home court. That way there aren't any excuses later on.

Tell me, how close was Rondo's hand to the ball?..

..and if It's the other way around (Brad's splitting Rondo's mouth open requiring stitches) would everyone say the same thing?.. I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
RAY ALLEN - One of the best clutch performers of our time. He is so underrated in that department but he's been doing it for a long time. Very hard to find another guy that has hit more game tying or game winning shots in the same series.

It was a little dirty, but that stuff happens in the playoffs. I think he might get fined 10k, but no way the nba suspends him. This has been one of the best series in recent memory, and I for one can't wait for game 7. I want Rondo out there, and I want the Bulls to take it from them on their home court. That way there aren't any excuses later on.

You know, as right as you are... at what point do you say enough? There are tough plays, and there are dirty plays. The miller play was dirty and cheap, and Hinrich play was dirty and cheap. Frustration plays. Not hard plays big difference. I don't want the leauge feeling sorry and wanting the "best" series. Officiate it the right way. This is not Amare stepping up off the bench. This is Rondo being a straight up punk. He can throw Hinrich to the table but then he backs away. Now if the Bulls "retaliate" what happens? Give me a break. I've lost a ton of respect for Rondo. He must have listened to Garnett way too much.

Bricklayer

Could KG pull a Willis Reed?

That would be an epic way to end an epic series, but any possibility of that would depend on what the real problem is there -- and as far as I know they still haven't told us everything.

Its too bad this series is completely irrelevant, because when you forget that its a first round series between two teams who have no real shot at the title, its been special.