and with the #1 pick in the 2009 NBA draft the Kings select...

Pattie Mills has 23pts 10asts
23 PTS, 10 AST and only 1 TO

not a bad stat line for a pg. i voted for rubio in the other thread, but if we get griffin, i wouldnt mind if we could somehow get mills. draftexpress has him going in the second round, so id be pleased if we got him with our 2nd rounder but i wouldnt mind picking him up with the rockets pick. like i said i prefer rubio, but a griffen + mills package aint too shabby

I would draft Griffin with a #1 pick then trade him for Rubio. Then we also have another 1st round pick (don't know whether it's lottery one, mid or late ast round one) and an early 2nd round pick right? Thabeet would be nice for that another 1st rounder and then some pf in the 2nd round...

I didn't see Teague these last few games. He has talent, a lot of it, but if he doesn't have character, then it's all moot. Teague is the type of guy whose draft status is going to be determined a lot by the background check that the GMs do on him. Is he going to be a problem-child, or was his up and down play determined by some understandble issues that won't continue in the NBA? The one thing that I heard early-on about him was that his coaches had some issues with him, that he was high maintenance. If so, he could go from a top 5-er to the 20s. If the GMs get the rumors going about him, he could drop even further.

I would draft Griffin with a #1 pick then trade him for Rubio. Then we also have another 1st round pick (don't know whether it's lottery one, mid or late ast round one) and an early 2nd round pick right? Thabeet would be nice for that another 1st rounder and then some pf in the 2nd round...
why dont we just draft rubio straight out instead

why dont we just draft rubio straight out instead
I guess he assumes #1 pick to Kings who would be selecting for OKC with #2 or probably no worse than #3 overall. OKC would presumably have already agreed to give up something (player, future pick, cash) to Kings so they could get in state hero Griffin while selecting Rubio for Sac. Maybe cash back to the Maloofs would be possible option since a buyout of Rubio's Euro pro basketball contract will be necessary.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I guess he assumes #1 pick to Kings who would be selecting for OKC with #2 or probably no worse than #3 overall. OKC would presumably have already agreed to give up something (player, future pick, cash) to Kings so they could get in state hero Griffin while selecting Rubio for Sac. Maybe cash back to the Maloofs would be possible option since a buyout of Rubio's Euro pro basketball contract will be necessary.
Problem is, the Maloofs can't contribute more than, what, $500k to that. Maybe they do it for what you said, but they can't dump serious cash at his buyout.

What about Jordan Hill or Dejuan Blair, lets pretend no Rubio and We get the 3rd pick. Dejuan Blair reminds me of Corliss but a way better rebounder, Jordan Hill has a nice jumper and a good rebounder.

I didn't see Teague these last few games. He has talent, a lot of it, but if he doesn't have character, then it's all moot. Teague is the type of guy whose draft status is going to be determined a lot by the background check that the GMs do on him. Is he going to be a problem-child, or was his up and down play determined by some understandble issues that won't continue in the NBA? The one thing that I heard early-on about him was that his coaches had some issues with him, that he was high maintenance. If so, he could go from a top 5-er to the 20s. If the GMs get the rumors going about him, he could drop even further.
I had Teague ranked pretty high on my personal list, but he has taken a slide of late. I would rank Mills and Curry ahead of him right now, as far as the Kings needs are concerned.

What about Jordan Hill or Dejuan Blair, lets pretend no Rubio and We get the 3rd pick. Dejuan Blair reminds me of Corliss but a way better rebounder, Jordan Hill has a nice jumper and a good rebounder.
I could see Hill going that high, but not Blair. Blair is a tweener and that hurts his stock. Hill has the legitiment size to play PF. Blair would make a great defensive end for the 49's though.

Who are you assuming goes 2nd?

If not Thabeet, how do we NOT take him at 3 considering what is left? We just gave up 64 points in the paint last week to Atlanta with Hawes and JT playing the whole game. We have no chance of building a contender without an interior defensive anchor.

If he busts he's a Dalembert, if he shines he's more Motumbo. We could use either with our pathetic defense honestly.

Man, I do not want Thabeet. He's a couple of years older than Hawes and he has nowhere near the offensive capabilities. He has a good chance of being a decent shotblocker and rebounder, but I doubt he will be much more.

I also don't want Jordan Hill that much. Why do you think he would be any better than JT?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Man, I do not want Thabeet. He's a couple of years older than Hawes and he has nowhere near the offensive capabilities. He has a good chance of being a decent shotblocker and rebounder, but I doubt he will be much more.

I also don't want Jordan Hill that much. Why do you think he would be any better than JT?

OFFENSE DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

How people can continue to talk about offense being the problem in a season when we have become the WORST, most embarrassing defensive disaster in the entire NBA is completely beyond me. Did you know that we are ABOVE AVERAGE in ppg? We average 100ppg, 13th in the league. On the other hand on defense we allow an absolutely ridiculous 108.4ppg, 29th in the league.

Here's something nifty:

Cleveland Cavaliers
Pts For: 100.2 (12th in league)
Record: 57-13

Sacramento Kings
Pts For: 100.0 (13th in league)
Record: 15-55

And do you know why? DEFENSE. It is all, entirely, and totally about the defense. Cleveland allows opponents to score 91ppg. We allow them to score 108ppg. 108!! We have to score 110 just to have a chance at victory! Even with defense we are not a great team. But we are not a walking embarrassment either. If we are picking #3 I will take Thabeet in a bleeping flash. We will never, ever, be anything or anyone until we dramatically, and I do mean DRAMATICALLY improve our defense. Nothing quite like a giant shotblocker to anchor it.

How people can continue to talk about offense being the problem in a season when we have become the WORST, most embarrassing defensive disaster in the entire NBA is completely beyond me. Did you know that we are ABOVE AVERAGE in ppg? We average 100ppg, 13th in the league. On the other hand on defense we allow an absolutely ridiculous 108.4ppg, 29th in the league.

Here's something nifty:

Cleveland Cavaliers

Sacramento Kings

And do you know why? DEFENSE. It is all, entirely, and totally about the defense. Cleveland allows opponents to score 91ppg. We allow them to score 108ppg. 108!! We have to score 110 just to have a chance at victory! Even with defense we are not a great team. But we are not a walking embarrassment either. If we are picking #3 I will take Thabeet in a bleeping flash. We will never, ever, be anything or anyone until we dramatically, and I do mean DRAMATICALLY improve our defense. Nothing quite like a giant shotblocker to anchor it.
Defense may be very important here, but despite how many capital letters and exclamation points you type a lot of people are not going to be convinced that Thabeet is the answer to that problem. Despite the fact that he is huge, if he looks uncoordinated and lost in college on a consistent basis, how is he going to hang in the league?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Defense may be very important here, but despite how many capital letters and exclamation points you type a lot of people are not going to be convinced that Thabeet is the answer to that problem. Despite the fact that he is huge, if he looks uncoordinated and lost in college on a consistent basis, how is he going to hang in the league?

Well if he looked uncoordinated and lost in college on a consistent basis you might actually have a point.

Here's something nifty:

Cleveland Cavaliers

Sacramento Kings

Not only that, but our #13 ranked offense will only improve with a better defense. Good defense leads to good offense, not vice versa.

Well if he looked uncoordinated and lost in college on a consistent basis you might actually have a point.
Seriously? He has no moves to speak of. He often gets the ball and has no idea what to do with it. His hands are average at best. He doesn't box out. He's a very good shot blocker with good instincts there, but aside from that, gotta say I actually have a point.