Welcome Nocioni!

Actually, he was my favorite player in Europe despite the fact he played for TAU CerĂ¡mica ... I am glad we got this hard working Italian-Argentinian energy machine. May be he is overpaid a little bit but not that much. I am 99.99% sure that Sacromentians will like him a lot!

So, welcome Chapu !!!!!

Hated the trade at first, still don't like his contract, but I'm happy to have him here after reading what bulls fans think of him and I'll be happy to have tough player like him on this team.

I seriously think he is better than Salmons, at least for us. He will bring aggressiveness and toughness, scrappiness and chippiness. I doubt he will hog the ball one bit also while still getting points.

Did anyone hear comments from GP that he made concerning initial tele conversation with Andres? He said the guy was incredibly enthusiastic, even giddy about joining the Kings. The quote from Noci was something like, "I can't wait to get there, I'll do whatever the coach wants me to do, start, come of bench, just play hard."

Andres is very outgoing and personable, but most important a winner - like fellow countryman Manu Ginobili. While some say the both are floppers Manu takes it to a ridiculous art form - Andres not as much. Noci who is obviously bigger, more well built than Ginobili likes to dish it out instead of simply flopping at first contact. I don't want to oversell him, but Andres is now at his prime at 29 and 2 years younger than Manu. San Antonio now seems quite concerned that Ginobili has been breaking down more and more as he ages.

Lastly, every time I think of a reputed "tough" Euro/Int'l player I think assumption is all of them are soft - wrong! Some are, some are not. Also, some are relatively early NBA bloomers because they often played professionally for years before reaching these shores. Most are not. Look at Vlade Divac who came to the Lakers at age 19 or Dirk Nowitzki to Dallas at the same age. Both took several years to develop into "stars" or "superstars." There's lots of other examples. Noci has only been in the NBA just 4 years and there's no reason his next 2-3 seasons with the Kings (if it's that long) won't be his best pro stint ever.

We shall see... but I know I'm going to enjoy his all-out intensity with opinion that he'll most likely be the first (maybe only) King I'd trust having my back in that 'ol fox hole kind of analogy. Hope springs eternal Kings fans! Viva Argentina! Go Kings!!

Did anyone hear comments from GP that he made concerning initial tele conversation with Andres? He said the guy was incredibly enthusiastic, even giddy about joining the Kings. The quote from Noci was something like, "I can't wait to get there, I'll do whatever the coach wants me to do, start, come of bench, just play hard."

Andres is very outgoing and personable, but most important a winner - like fellow countryman Manu Ginobili. While some say the both are floppers Manu takes it to a ridiculous art form - Andres not as much. Noci who is obviously bigger, more well built than Ginobili likes to dish it out instead of simply flopping at first contact. I don't want to oversell him, but Andres is now at his prime at 29 and 2 years younger than Manu. San Antonio now seems quite concerned that Ginobili has been breaking down more and more as he ages.

Lastly, every time I think of a reputed "tough" Euro/Int'l player I think assumption is all of them are soft - wrong! Some are, some are not. Also, some are relatively early NBA bloomers because they often played professionally for years before reaching these shores. Most are not. Look at Vlade Divac who came to the Lakers at age 19 or Dirk Nowitzki to Dallas at the same age. Both took several years to develop into "stars" or "superstars." There's lots of other examples. Noci has only been in the NBA just 4 years and there's no reason his next 2-3 seasons with the Kings (if it's that long) won't be his best pro stint ever.

We shall see... but I know I'm going to enjoy his all-out intensity with opinion that he'll most likely be the first (maybe only) King I'd trust having my back in that 'ol fox hole kind of analogy. Hope springs eternal Kings fans! Viva Argentina! Go Kings!!
I believe that this is kind of a new era so to speak in terms of the type of players we have on this team. If Noc is that scrappy and tough and gets paired with players like Spencer, Cisco, BJax, Thompson and Griffin/Thabeet - we could have a very energetic, scrappy, take no crap off of anyone team.

Hopefully, Noc will come and play like that and he will rub it off on to the other guys. I would love to build this team with a Spurs-type work ethic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Looking at what Petrie is assembling, I'm really looking forward to draft day and the FA market more than any time in recent memory...

Welcome to the Kings, Andres! Play with the heart and hustle you've said you're ready to bring, and we'll reward you with undying loyalty and support. That's just the kind of fans we are --- KINGS fans!!!

:D

If I had to call him anything.. it's a mix of Salmons and Cisco (The positives)
Very tough and scrappy defender, plays with heart... Actually has good shooting even though he had a bad night tonight and a great attitude. It's just a shame he isn't a few years younger really. He could be a very good addition on our roster.

I like him, but I don't like him here at this point in time.... We just seem to have a clog at the 3, with no real direction for a legit starter unless Donte can get some more play time and develop there (and by what he's shown in his little play time there it could be as great as everyone hopes for once he gets used to the game)