Final Roster? To be formalized once the dust settles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is what the final roster looks like.... hmmmm. a lot of changes

PG: Beno/Bjax
SG: KMart/McCants/Cisco/Solomon
SF: Nocioni/Greene
PF: Thompson//K9/Simmons/Gooden/Diogu
C: Hawes/Booth

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So this is what the final roster looks like.... hmmmm. a lot of changes

PG: Beno/Bjax
SG: KMart/McCants/Cisco
SF: Nocioni/Greene
You forgot our newest acquisition, and Cisco will clearly be the main backup SF -- Donte is screwed and will have to work on his game over the summer:
PG: Beno/Bjax/Solomon
SG: KMart/McCants
SF: Nocioni/Cisco/Greene

Bricklayer

I am amused though that outside of Beno's new lead contract that the one malcontent to survive the great purge, the one cockroach that jsut simply cannot be killed, is the Kenny contract. :p

The world may end tommorow, we'll all be off in purgatory, and we'll still be paying Kenny. Amazing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, let's keep the rumors and requests for clarification out of this one and keep it as the verifiable roster as of today.

thanks all. I've deleted/merged a couple of posts that didn't fit that critierion.

I am amused though that outside of Beno's new lead contract that the one malcontent to survive the great purge, the one cockroach that jsut simply cannot be killed, is the Kenny contract. :p

The world may end tommorow, we'll all be off in purgatory, and we'll still be paying Kenny. Amazing.
Kenny's contract is one for the history books. One of the worst and untradable contracts in NBA history.

Bah, noticed its Bobby Brown, not Bjax. nevermind. Hey Brick, can you scientifically check out the expirings of these guys and how much can be saved for next year? How much under the cap, etc?

L

Lafayette

We get rid of some players with bad contracts and get players that will get off the books come season end and it allows the younger guys to play.

Also of interest is the roster going into next year:

PG: Beno
SG: KMart
PF: Thompson/K9
C: Hawes
Is this the complete list of guys under contract for next year?

Not bad... I do not give Geoff an outright "F" for the body of work this trade deadline. Some smoke has been cleared here.

I think so...

I believe that McCants and Diogu are the only new expirings who will be RFAs next year.
With RFA's coming off of a rookie contract, are we obligated to a minimum qualifying offer? If so, both are a little overpriced right now as is, relative to their past and current performance.

If these guys perform well (which in a sick, sad way, I hope not as it screws our lottery chances), it'd be worthy to sign them for cheap and short-term...otherwise we have plenty of roleplayers.

Bricklayer

Yeah, that's the upside. We got virtually nothing of value out of all this mess, no positives, but we jettisoned negatives left and right.

Is should note BTW that that is not a very good team, but you're at least approaching the point where the toxic assets (Beno, Nocioni, K9) are in the minority (assuming we do not add more over the summer).

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

All in all this is not so bad, we can draft a 3rd big man or our PG of the future and then sign someone to fill the other gap. If we get real lucky we win the lotto and can trade the #1 to accomplish both. If none of the guys listed at the 3 can spill KMart at the 2 then we'll probably still have the first pick in the 2nd round to fill the most abundant position in the league.

Yes that's the list, excluding of course the draft picks we get.

McCants, Gooden and Diogu have the highest potential to spoil the party by playing themselves into a long term contract here though.

Bricklayer

Again, if he's worth a double-double off the bench - and he's cheap, then I say go for it.

He defines middling -- a true part time starter, part time backup, MLE+ type player. If I never see another Kenny Thomas/Shareef level PF waddle around out on the court for the Kings again it will be too soon.

Could someone now create a thread with all of our players and their contracts so we can get some kind of idea behind what went on the last 2 days in Petrie's skull?

Yeah, that's the upside. We got virtually nothing of value out of all this mess, no positives, but we jettisoned negatives left and right.

Is should note BTW that that is not a very good team, but you're at least approaching the point where the toxic assets (Beno, Nocioni, K9) are in the minority (assuming we do not add more over the summer).
Well... and K9 will be a coveted expiring next year right? So this is really truly not too bad a setup is it? The only real albatrosses are Beno and Nocioni, and they are neither FATALLY expensive nor FATALLY sucky players compared to some alternatives. You should be able to drag them around a few years at those wages and still be a good team if you don't make other errors.

I feel like Geoff sort of has gotten a mulligan on Shareef. Salmons and Mikki. Lets see what he does with it.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
We obviously have a lot of flexibility this summer. I just don't see who we can possibly go after in the FA market that will help us or I would get excited about signing.

Yes that's the list, excluding of course the draft picks we get.

McCants, Gooden and Diogu have the highest potential to spoil the party by playing themselves into a long term contract here though.
I don't necessarily want Gooden, but would it really be such a bad thing if McCants and Diogu proved themselves to be worthy of a larger contract? The purpose of a rebuild is to create a young core that can grow while still competing. It's not like they will be earning max contracts either.

With that said, I'm just going to wait and see what happens. If they don't seem to make the cut, then we have our expiring contracts. If they prove themselves and we find more pieces for a young core, then great. I don't know a whole lot about McCants or Diogu so I won't begin to pretend that i do. I just think that if they were to show worth to our team, it wouldn't be such a bad thing considering they are young and their contracts won't be too heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.