Kenny Thomas to Knicks Rumor

Could the Knicks make three deals today? Sources say the Kings have offered Kenny Thomas for Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries. If the Knicks could move Jeffries, it would clear another $6.8 million in the summer of 2010. The Knicks would have to give up the talented Robinson and eat Thomas' $8.7 million salary next year ... but it's probably worth it to the Knicks. Especially now that they've shored up their offense with the Larry Hughes and Chris Wilcox deals.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=TradeTalkRoundup-090218

Holy!!!!

Could it actually happen??? I had settled on the fact that we were stuck with Kenny Thomas until the bitter end.

Does Jeffries contract go on past 2010?? If not, then I'm not sure I'd want to do that trade.

Not worth it. Like I've said elsewhere, we don't need two backup point guards, and the extra year on Jeffries' deal hampers deals down the line.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That would be a damn saavy move if Geoff pulled it off. Sneaky way to get Nate by taking advantage of New York's desperation to clear room for a pass at Lebron in 2010.

Of course we would lose that same 2010 flexibility, but I do not see us as major players that year anyway. I think we likely grab a free agent this year if the Maloofs will pay for it, and 2010 is not a major factor.

Only half an hour left to make it happen though.

I guess I just don't like Nate enough to do this. Nate is up for free agency and would need to be signed to a longer term deal. Then we have Nate/Beno as our point guards, and because both are so limited in different ways you'd still need a starting point guard. Meanwhile, Jeffries/Nocioni/Beno on the books in 2011? Ugh.

As much as I don't like this deal, I could see it happening, considering we just got rid of Brown for $$$ and we need a back up PG..unless we feel that B-Jax can take full on back up minutes now?

As much as I don't like this deal, I could see it happening, considering we just got rid of Brown for $$$ and we need a back up PG..unless we feel that B-Jax can take full on back up minutes now?
Looks like NY turned it down. And I honestly wouldn't mind BJax getting maximum minutes. I actually think he plays better than Beno.

I guess I just don't like Nate enough to do this. Nate is up for free agency and would need to be signed to a longer term deal. Then we have Nate/Beno as our point guards, and because both are so limited in different ways you'd still need a starting point guard. Meanwhile, Jeffries/Nocioni/Beno on the books in 2011? Ugh.
I felt the same way until I read about the Nocioni to Boston rumors ..These contract are long but they aren't handicappingly expensive .. I think they are more moveable than we thought. I mean, we took Andres and every year it gets more and more moveable, and let's face it, we won't be cpntenders until we can use these as expirings to land us a "final piece.

BTW, I think Robinson will grow on you ..

Sam just posted this!!

Now as for the Knicks talk, the Kings have been pursuing Nate Robinson and I should know in the next few minutes whether they can land him. While ESPN has reported they were turned down in a deal including Kenny Thomas going to New York for Robinson and Jared Jeffries, I just spoke with someone close to Robinson who said he had received a phone call from Mike D'Antoni, which could be the Knicks coach calling to tell him he'd been traded or perhaps not. We'll see.