Fire Reggie Theus? (it's baaaaaaack)

Should we fire Reggie Theus?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • I'm learning toward yes.

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • I have no idea/opinion.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I'd like to see him do better but I'm not ready to call for his dismissal.

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No way!

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I did, but I'm sure others have their own unique opinions as well ;)
Of course they do. But you'll find some posters a little reluctant to post when they're being put on the spot by someone.

My only point was that, to paraphrase our next president, you can disagree without being disagreeable.

:)

i voted absolutely for the 2nd or 3rd time, mostly because I just want a change, and unfortunately, a change of coach seems to be the easiest and quickest way.

I just think we should atleast give him to the rest of the year. If we eliminated the first quarter, the knicks only beat us by 4 points. I know we can't eliminate the first quarter but I guess what i am trying to say is I feel Reggie responded to the kings poor play and helped get them to atleast play at a semi-consitent level for the remainder three quarters. The third quarter was actually semi fun to watch and I liked how Reggie left Thomson in to help us get down to 12. Overall, I am not reading(*ready, geez i cant spell lol) to see him leave and frankly don't see the purpose in it.

I just think we should atleast give him to the rest of the year. If we eliminated the first quarter, the knicks only beat us by 4 points. I know we can't eliminate the first quarter but I guess what i am trying to say is I feel Reggie responded to the kings poor play and helped get them to atleast play at a semi-consitent level for the remainder three quarters. The third quarter was actually semi fun to watch and I liked how Reggie left Thomson in to help us get down to 12. Overall, I am not reading(*ready, geez i cant spell lol) to see him leave and frankly don't see the purpose in it.
True, and didn't JT start the 3rd (when we started to make our run)? If Theus comes out with Beno/Garcia/Salmons/JT/Hawes against Minnesota, I will definately give him another chance (as a coach) to see what he can do with that lineup.

Regardless, it's not going to be fair (don't get me wrong, I want him gone, though) to Theus if we fire him now or at the end of the season...either he's going to be gone for the team playing bad now, or fired at the end of the year because we just need to go a new direction? If the Kings stick with him til the end of the year, I would have to believe they want him back for a 3rd one.

True, and didn't JT start the 3rd (when we started to make our run)? If Theus comes out with Beno/Garcia/Salmons/JT/Hawes against Minnesota, I will definately give him another chance (as a coach) to see what he can do with that lineup.

Regardless, it's not going to be fair (don't get me wrong, I want him gone, though) to Theus if we fire him now or at the end of the season...either he's going to be gone for the team playing bad now, or fired at the end of the year because we just need to go a new direction? If the Kings stick with him til the end of the year, I would have to believe they want him back for a 3rd one.
If we got a new coach now though wouldn't that mean we would be paying for the contracts of 3 coaches?_(Muss, Theus, and then whoever we hire)

FOR GOD SAKES FIRE HIM ALREADY GEOFF WTF!!!
We need an experienced teacher as our coach .. not someone whos trying to learn with the team along the way WE NEED SOME GUIDANCE . a system! there is no system on this team. Hell get Sam Mitchell he was coach of the year two years ago and the raps didnt give him a fair chance this year.. hes got 4 years exp. in the league and brought the young guys of the raptors together.. this is what we need.. Look how Bosh turned out.. Mitchell could teach Hawes and Thompson alot.

FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'm against bringing in a new coach like Mitchell/Cheeks. I just want someone like Natt or Person to be promoted, so they can get the chance to try something new with the set of players we have. Sometimes, a team just needs a new voice in the locker room. For all you 49er fans out there (sorry to change sports), look what Singletary has done so far this year since he took over. He took the same players, the same system (but obviously adjusted it), and made it better.

So, go with Natt or Person for the rest of the year, see how they do, if it doesn't work out, then interview for a new coach in the offseason *COUGH* Tom Thibodeau PLEASE! *COUGH* and go from there.

A

AriesMar27

why couldnt we suck this much last season? if we did we would have rose as our pg and not beno.... or at least bayless or agustine.... thompson is cool but we could suck just as much with a lower salary cap with rose on our team....

why couldnt we suck this much last season? if we did we would have rose as our pg and not beno.... or at least bayless or agustine.... thompson is cool but we could suck just as much with a lower salary cap with rose on our team....
If we would have been THIS bad last season, Artest would have definately started a mutiny against Theus :cool:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'm just wondering what happened to the defensive emphasis we had last year. It seems like we were much better defensively, on average, than we have been this year (and no, I haven't looked up any statistics on this, so I am just going off my recollection more than anything else). For some reason it seems like we got away from what made us more competitive last year....

Kingster

Hall of Famer

That's the way I feel also. Miller shouldn't be our starting center. My beef tonight was that Theus stayed with the vets way too long in the first quarter. All the young guys should have been in the game after the first 5 minutes because it was so apparent the vets didn't have it. And I would have had the point guards throw it in to Hawes and JT in the post all night. I don't care if they aren't good post players yet. Feed them 20 shots each in the post anyway. It's not as if they are going up against a big team. As was said on the postgame, Beno did a terrible job at the point in not managing the pace of the game; he also did a terrible job of getting it to the youngins in the post.

I'm just wondering what happened to the defensive emphasis we had last year. It seems like we were much better defensively, on average, than we have been this year (and no, I haven't looked up any statistics on this, so I am just going off my recollection more than anything else). For some reason it seems like we got away from what made us more competitive last year....
07/08... artest
08/09... sans artest.

perhaps some people, in their haste to get rid of a heart on my sleeve, mercurial, temperamental, passionate player, forgot that he was by far our best defensive player, defensive stopper, and defensive tone of our team.

imo, its quite clear that artest helped our team a lot mroe than the consensus of fans realized. they only saw the brute, childish, uncensored, politically incorrect ron artest, instead of the fierce competitor, fierce teammate, and fierce friend.

i see many similarities between the artest and adelman scenario. not to mention life in general. we seem to have very little fight in us... and if nothing else, artest brought a level of fight everytime he steps on the court, sometimes literally.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Well, we have to be realistic and look at the fact that we had Artest and Martin last year. That's huge. Not that I'd want Artest back, but he was our only low post offensive player and a good defensive player. The lack of a consistent offensive post player really hurts this team on offense and defense. And in that regard, having a new coach isn't going to change that. I would just hope that a new coach would play Spencer and JT consistently as center and pf respectively and would help them improve in the post as soon as possible. Part of that process is to DEMAND from the point guards that they get our big youngins the ball in a timely manner in the low post.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, we have to be realistic and look at the fact that we had Artest and Martin last year. That's huge. Not that I'd want Artest back, but he was our only low post offensive player and a good defensive player. The lack of a consistent offensive post player really hurts this team on offense and defense. And in that regard, having a new coach isn't going to change that. I would just hope that a new coach would play Spencer and JT consistently as center and pf respectively and would help them improve in the post as soon as possible. Part of that process is to DEMAND from the point guards that they get our big youngins the ball in a timely manner in the low post.
I don't think the problem is that we don't have a good post player. The problem is that we don't try. Hawes ( whose shot hasn't been falling of late ) is a very good post player. JT, I beleive will become one. He just hasn't adjusted to the speed of the NBA yet.

I seems that at least once a quarter the wings will graciously throw the ball inside. And then its back to lets stop and pop.