[LAL/BOS]Battle of the top seeds!!

Who will win the 2008 NBA Finals?

• Total voters
Lakers aren't done yet. Celtics have kinda be on cruise mode a little... they need to shift it back up to close this out now.

11pt game...

Whew.

Failed comeback bid is an even more painful way to lose. Lakers were so close to stealing this one!

That'll teach the Celtics not to let their foot off the gas next time...

On to LA... Lakers will be jacked up and ready to go you better believe it.

A certain laker site is flying off the handle right now about the officials.
Worst officiated game EVER.
There needs to be an investigation.
The refs are bought and paid for.
IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

That's why i can't stand laker fans. Their team is usually receiving those calls. Yet when it was as blatant as the notorious kings/lakers game 6 they wouldn't even acknowledge it. Sorry for being so blunt VF but.......

SCREW YOU LAKER FAN. Now you know how the kings lost that series to your team. I actually enjoyed watching your team get punched in the junk by the refs.

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

That's why i can't stand laker fans. Their team is usually receiving those calls. Yet when it was as blatant as the notorious kings/lakers game 6 they wouldn't even acknowledge it. Sorry for being so blunt VF but.......

SCREW YOU LAKER FAN. Now you know how the kings lost that series to your team. I actually enjoyed watching your team get punched in the junk by the refs.
Laker fan hypocrisy is unparalleled, but of course they are frustrated and reacting emotionally right now.

Lakers got seriously outplayed tonight for approximately 40 minutes of the game at least. During the last 6-8 minutes *they* were the aggressive team and began getting the calls the aggressors typically get.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Lakers are being outplayed on a level that has to be a real shock to the average Laker fan who bought into the Kobe-Gasol hype. They can't face that so they're going to cry about the officiating or the Boston weather or perhaps earthquakes or sunspots. It doesn't matter, however. They can blame anything/anyone but they need to remember when they point the finger at someone, three other fingers are pointing right back at them. And that suits me just fine.

GO CELTICS!

I admit that I have been completey surprised as well. The way the Lakers looked in the earlier rounds ... I have been agreeing for the most part with the Laker fans at work that they'd definitely steal a game in Boston and put this thing away in 5.

They've got to be shellshocked right now.

That said, the series doesn't really begin until the home team loses a game right?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I predicted Celtics in 6. We are right on target. I had my crystal ball serviced just before the finals. It seems to be working just fine. :p

Momentum can shift in a hurry though, and the Celts past playoff woes are still pretty fresh in my mind.

I'm a doubter until the C's are hoisting the trophy. :)

Powe played like a BEAST. 2 down.. 2 to go.

LA faced even worse than this in the 04 Finals. The Pistons were up 111-41 in FTAs at one point. I'd take my chances with the 02 scenario and trade you the 04, and I'd even raise you a chin foul.
I'll accept that trade because it was pretty much put Kings in a lock for winning the trophy that year.

Kings would've lost in 5 instead of 7.

Powe got 13 FTAs, the Lakers got 10. Haha. Ouch.
No, Kings would've won in 6. What happened in game 5?

Ya, Powe was more aggressive than the entire Lakers team. LOL @ that!

Funny how no laCker fans are mentioning Pierce getting mugged during the Lakers run when Fisher took it away from him. And whoever Vlad stole the ball from got hit as well. The refs swallowed the whistle during that time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just a reminder...The over-the-line stuff isn't appropriate when we're playing the Lakers and it isn't appropriate now. We can discuss this without resort to smack talking. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks all. If your post just disappeared, the above is the reason why.

Just a reminder...The over-the-line stuff isn't appropriate when we're playing the Lakers and it isn't appropriate now. We can discuss this without resort to smack talking. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks all. If your post just disappeared, the above is the reason why.
Sorry VF, anytime I talk about the laCkers, I can't help myself but get angered about that game 6.

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

Actually I dont know because (censored.)

But jeesh, this game was frustrating. The only thing that pops in my mind right now is 2004 against the spurs. It is going to be difficult and I have my doubts that we will win 4 out of 5. But its possible.

We just have to win one and go from there. Doc Rivers must not win a title!

Whew.

Failed comeback bid is an even more painful way to lose. Lakers were so close to stealing this one!

That'll teach the Celtics not to let their foot off the gas next time...

On to LA... Lakers will be jacked up and ready to go you better believe it.
Actually not to me since I felt the game as lost with seven minutes to go. The comeback just left a better (not good) taste in my mouth.

Actually not to me since I felt the game as lost with seven minutes to go. The comeback just left a better (not good) taste in my mouth.

I think the games in LA will be a lot closer than these last 2. It just seemed to me like Boston was in control most of the 2 games, with the Celts finally letting up towards the end and playing the score as opposed to the game. They lost their aggressiveness and became complacent. In LA you can bet the Lakers will get the majority of the calls, especially if they become the aggressors(as home teams usually do).

I hope Boston can steal a game in LA.:D

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

hahaha refs? not because the of KG's double-double, Pierce's 28, Rondo's 16 assists, Allens 6 3-pointers, Powe's 21pts off the bench, or the lakers half-hearted play (especially Powe's drive from all the way down the floor).

no it had to be the refs ;).

"Jackson had passed Celtics coach Doc Rivers in a back hallway and offered not a word of congratulations or even a friendly “good game” as Doc had offered him. He merely pointed his finger and said, “See you in L.A.” He clearly wasn’t happy." -Dan Wetzel (Yahoo Sports)

wow.