Kings Select in the 2008 NBA DRAFT??

Right now DraftX has DeAndre Jordan falling to us at the 12 spot. Just wondering what the scoop is on this guy other than what I see on the site. What would be the pro and cons of us getting him?

He is a high bust/High reward type of player.....he seems lazy....bad motor....gets some blocks....but gets abused in the post....

Why is Jordan ranked so high?

He is a freak of nature when we wants to be, could be just like bynum.

I think he just needs coaching.....if we did draft him, i think brad and spencer would def help the offensive side of his game.....which he lacks a jump shot, ruff post moves also

He is a high bust/High reward type of player.....he seems lazy....bad motor....gets some blocks....but gets abused in the post....
Much has been posted about Jordan in earlier posts in this same thread. He's a risk when compared to another freshman, Beasley. If Beasley is a ten, then Jordan is a 2. At this point, all he is, is potential. A 7ft athletic freak that has a lot to learn about playing basketball.

However, if he's available at 12, and you don't take him, and, he turns out to be the next Dwight Howard, you look like an idiot. Personaly, I would still take someone who has at least proven he can play at the college level, much less the NBA level. Does he have the potential to play great defense? Yes. Does he have a clue how to play defense? NO.

You never see the team that takes a decent player faulted for not taking a chance..

Guys like Lamar Odom over Rip Hamilton, and Shawn Marion.

Emeka Okafor over Al Jefferson, and Iguodala.

Odom, and Okafor were kind of your steady horse going into the draft. Nothing that jumped out at you, but nothing that screamed failure either. Jefferson, Igoudala, Marion were raw, and Hamilton didn't have much of an outside game. For a 2guard that was bad :D

I have a feeling that if Love comes out and averaged 15/10, and picked 6th over a guy like Jordan who in 3 years averaged 22-12-2 you wouldn't call the Love pick a failure.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You never see the team that takes a decent player faulted for not taking a chance..

See right from the beginnnig here, your basic premise is flawed. You see that team faulted all the time, and they should be. No guts no gloiry is a term that could have been designed with basketball in mind.

As an aside, Odom was considered a magical talent coming out of school. Okafor was the steady/solid, but if a team had taken him instead of Howard they would have been considered idiots (hindsight). But Odom was considered a potential superstar. He's turned out to be very good, but if anything a bit of a disappointment given the unique skillset.

See right from the beginnnig here, your basic premise is flawed. You see that team faulted all the time, and they should be. No guts no gloiry is a term that could have been designed with basketball in mind.

As an aside, Odom was considered a magical talent coming out of school. Okafor was the steady/solid, but if a team had taken him instead of Howard they would have been considered idiots (hindsight). But Odom was considered a potential superstar. He's turned out to be very good, but if anything a bit of a disappointment given the unique skillset.
In 1991 the Kings drafted Billy Owens. A player that, in many ways could be compared to Odom in skill set. Of course Owens turned into Mitch Richmond and all was well, but one would have to say that despite his not reaching expectations, Odom has turned out to be better than Owens. Not that Owens is much of a measuring stick.

Despite I hate him and especially his team, Gallinari will be a great player

Playoff, Game2, Gallinari scores 27 points (10/18 from the field 3/7 3pt 4/5 from the line) 8 rebounds 5 steals 0 turnover...

Not about draft, I still sponsorize DaShaun Wood... I heard he's talking with L.A. Clippers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNYvB_DFEQ
Agree with you on Gallinari. He is going to be a very, very good player. All round player but great at alot, not just adequate. He won't be there at 12, but if he is, we should take him.

ok, looks like we got the lotto on May 20th then orlando camp May 27th-May30th and workouts....following that.

Who do you want to see in our 12th pick drafting range??

Id say

DeAndre Jordan
Nicholas Batum
Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Randolph
Darrell Arthur
Javale McGee
Dj Augustin
Donte Green

and i could also see Jason Thompson...since petrie went to one of his game before.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
ok, looks like we got the lotto on May 20th then orlando camp May 27th-May30th and workouts....following that.

Who do you want to see in our 12th pick drafting range??

Id say

DeAndre Jordan
Nicholas Batum
Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Randolph
Darrell Arthur
Javale McGee
Dj Augustin
Donte Green

and i could also see Jason Thompson...since petrie went to one of his game before.
If you're asking who we should work out, I think that everybody up there, including Thompson, should be worked out given unlimited workout slots. Still, I don't think Gallinari or Randolph will be there.

I'd add:
Russell Westbrook
Tywon Lawson
Marreese Speights
Alexis Ajinca
Roy Hibbert
Joe Alexander
Kevin Love (just in case he falls)

But obviously I'd pare down the list if we couldn't see them all.

I'd like to take a long look at Jamont Gordon with our #42/#45.

Realistically probably Westbrook, Augustin, McGee, Speights, Jordan, Ajinca, and maybe Arthur (although I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole). Sorry had to say that :D

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
NBAdraft.net hasn't updated Speights' status in ages. I don't think he's officially staying in yet, but pretty much everywhere else still has him on the 2008 mock. There's no breaking news to report, whoever runs nbadraft.net is either reluctant to move him to 2008 or doesn't realize their mistake.

NBAdraft.net hasn't updated Speights' status in ages. I don't think he's officially staying in yet, but pretty much everywhere else still has him on the 2008 mock. There's no breaking news to report, whoever runs nbadraft.net is either reluctant to move him to 2008 or doesn't realize their mistake.
Huh? THey just updated their site on May 12th.